Hello All,
I'm here to ask for what is undoubtably noobie advice. I was a wrestler in high school and a serious weightlifter in college and enjoyed doing both. But then I got caught up in a career and the hustle and bustle and all the other excuses and now I find myself an out of shape middle aged guy who's gone mostly to seed.

I've tried a few things to get back into shape and since I liked wrestling I thought I might like to try a martial art as a way of getting in shape. But I find that in the years that I really blew off my body that it decided at some point to blow me off too. I'm in my 40's and even if I was in great condition I know I couldn't move like I did 20 years ago.

My question is: What are some good styles to look at for a middle aged guy to get into shape? I've seen some styles that look very demanding on the human body and I don't think I'd want to pursue those. On the other hand, although I've read that their is a martial aspect to Tai Chi, I've also read that it can take a dozen years or more to get good enough to feel proficient in it. Also, it sems like it's difficult to find a Tai Chi teacher who knows that there are even martial componenets to Tai Chi. So I was wondering if there are any other Chinese Martial Arts that are good for the middle-aged, out of shape beginner. Thanks.