Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ving Tsun Training Clip

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    Fighting square on is more dangerous. True and it's also more direct.
    Biggest, strongest will always win. False or at least not demonstrably true. Because the biggest strongest will have an advantage ( and will biggest, strongest will have an advantage per se regardless of where he is facing) but that he will win always ( the key to the statement that makes it not demonstrably true) is a dubious proposition.
    Sorry I had to put that through google translate. We have different ideas mate. Nay bother!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Sorry I had to put that through google translate. We have different ideas mate. Nay bother!

GH
    I guess you had to use google translate because I was for the most part quoting you. Your ideas don't square with fighting reality, whether it is wing chun or any other type of fighting. There are many instances of smaller weaker fighters beating bigger, stronger fighters with head on attacks. That's just reality.
    Last edited by trubblman; 07-12-2011 at 12:52 PM.

www.m-w.com

(3)stick verb

Definition of STICK

transitive verb
    a : to pierce with something pointed : stab
    b : to kill by piercing
    : to push or thrust so as or as if to pierce
    a : to fasten by thrusting in
    b : impale
    c : push, thrust
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

I guess you had to use google translate because I was for the most part quoting you.
    ooooooooooooooooooo very clever! the man doth have some intellect! You still havent told me what lineage you are from. I see you post on WSL forum as well. Well??

GH

ooooooooooooooooooo very clever! the man doth have some intellect! You still havent told me what lineage you are from. I see you post on WSL forum as well. Well??

GH

As for Wing Chun, I studied under several, including from someone in WSL tree, but I have learnt the most from my current sifu who comes from HKM tree. I also study decuerdas eskrima.
    Last edited by trubblman; 07-12-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    Looks like you are missing the whole point of doing the exercise, it is just a training exercise and not a sparring drill.
    Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    www.m-w.com

(3)stick verb

Definition of STICK

transitive verb
    a : to pierce with something pointed : stab
    b : to kill by piercing
    : to push or thrust so as or as if to pierce
    a : to fasten by thrusting in
    b : impale
    c : push, thrust

Nice ........

As for Wing Chun, I studied under several, including from someone in WSL tree, but I have learnt the most from my current sifu who comes from HKM tree. I also study decuerdas eskrima.
    So who is that someone???

So who is that someone???
    A teacher who has experience in shorin ryu, wing chun and arnis as well as almost 20 years working in corrections.

The infamous Mr. X!

A teacher who has experience in shorin ryu, wing chun and arnis as well as almost 20 years working in corrections.
    Is he a Ninja? Is that why you won't say??

Is he a Ninja? Is that why you won't say??
    No I feel that there a lot of people here who want you to show and prove; people constantly ask on this forum who is your sifu? why don't you a show a video? IMO that's childish. It's like school kids saying why won't you do it, what's the matter are you scared?

If you wish to put up videos and try to impress people by what lineage you are a part of that's fine. I believe that lineage is only a small part of fighting ability. I believe that fighting style, whether one does VT, BJJ, Judo, JuJitsu, is small part of fighting ability. The bigger part is training, perseverance, trial and error and a willingness to accept an ass whipping now and then.

One can never assess another's skill by looking at a video. You can never assess a person's ability by looking at a video. So I don't put videos up of my doing VT. I do have videos of my doing escrima - if you go to ultimateeskrima.com you can check those out. But I did not put the videos up, my eskrima teacher did that. But if you are ever in Baltimore Washington area ( USA ) hit me up and I we can practice VT and maybe we can exchange ideas and you can meet my teacher.

No I feel that there a lot of people here who want you to show and prove; people constantly ask on this forum who is your sifu?
    I know a lot of people in my lineage. I asked for your Sifus name so I an understand your thinking. No biggy is it??
    why don't you a show a video? IMO that's childish. It's like school kids saying why won't you do it, what's the matter are you scared?
    I think childish is the wrong word there mate! There are videos on the internet from every fighting style and in your opinion they are childish???? Do me a favour!

If you wish to put up videos and try to impress people by what lineage you are a part of that's fine.
    Impress people??? No mate! That video clip was originally to show that in our lineage we dont hang off each others arms like most WC systems but it doesnt make any difference because the arm glue method will always exist. Some idiots from days gone by taught it to people without to much knowledge themselves in the first place.

I believe that lineage is only a small part of fighting ability. I believe that fighting style, whether one does VT, BJJ, Judo, JuJitsu, is small part of fighting ability. The bigger part is training, perseverance, trial and error and a willingness to accept an ass whipping now and then.
    I agree!

One can never assess another's skill by looking at a video. You can never assess a person's ability by looking at a video.
    I agree!
    So I don't put videos up of my doing VT. I do have videos of my doing escrima - if you go to ultimateeskrima.com you can check those out. But I did not put the videos up, my eskrima teacher did that.
    Sounds a bit hypocritical that does. Most people will not offer any video of themselves in Gor Sau or sparring because they are afraid of negative comments. I couldn't care less because, like you say, nobody can judge skill and power from video.
    But if you are ever in Baltimore Washington area ( USA ) hit me up and I we can practice VT and maybe we can exchange ideas and you can meet my teacher.
    In other words never then.

GH