Thread: Frank Yee is a great man

Frank Yee is a great man

I didn't know that he teachs kids FOR FREE in China, 9 months a year until I watched a Mainland Chinese TV programme on Youtube!

Respect.

He wrote his own cover story

Read The Method of Hung Ga's Ging by Master Frank Yee (translated by Pedro Cepero Yee) from our 2006 May/June Hung Ga - Wong Fei Hung Collector's Issue.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

But doesn't Frank Yee live in NYC? How's he on the mainland 9 months a year?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

He comes to the states 3 times a year where he's involved with Chinese New Year, seminars and testing.
    Last edited by Rolling Fists; 09-25-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjesus View Post
    I didn't know that he teachs kids FOR FREE in China, 9 months a year until I watched a Mainland Chinese TV programme on Youtube!

Respect.
    you know, when you make statements like this (about anyone really), you may be surprised how many people turn up with a perspective markedly in opposition to this; just because someone makes a very public show (hint hint) about their "good deeds", doesn't mean that there are not other things that go on out of the public eye, such as dealings with individuals in a manner hardly befitting a "great man", that are far less flattering;

of course, I know that in the world of TCMA, we are only supposed to look at all of the wonderful things done by the multitude of honorable sifu and praise them for their altruism until our teeth bleed, while at the same time turning a blind eye to the hypocrisy and backstabbing that runs rampant within the community in regards to what happens "behind the scenes"; and of course, should anyone DARE say anything that might disabuse the general public about said greatness or suggest anything other than across the board Boddhisattva-like behavior, they are summarily shouted down by all and sundry for their lack of respect;

of course, if the truth were laid out bear, then it wouldn't be possible for former gangsters who owned gambling dens and staged robberies to rob their patrons and had to leave Chinatown because they shot someone to re-cast themselves as grandfatherly all-knowing sifu's teaching taiji to soccer moms in suburbia!

Blog Entries

There's nothing wrong with MILF-ie Soccer Mom's

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    of course, I know that in the world of TCMA, we are only supposed to look at all of the wonderful things done by the multitude of honorable sifu and praise them for their altruism until our teeth bleed, while at the same time turning a blind eye to the hypocrisy and backstabbing that runs rampant within the community in regards to what happens "behind the scenes"; and of course, should anyone DARE say anything that might disabuse the general public about said greatness or suggest anything other than across the board Boddhisattva-like behavior, they are summarily shouted down by all and sundry for their lack of respect;
    yeah that bothers me...

also its okay to be loyal to your sifu... and if you spend time on a personal level and become friends thats cool too... but some people elevate their sifus to these demigod levels and its just rediculous... the only thing worse than giving that kind of respect, is when one is demanding it... a la nam anh, you could say... orthodox indeed...

its at its worst when its a shady character that is being put on that pedestal... how the students will defend and defend and never once look at it objectively... and you know that whole formula we see over and over where one takes their sifu's words as gospel... they talk of facts and offer 2nd hand opinions

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post

god ****, god ****, god ****!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Blog Entries
    yes yes yes
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Fists View Post
    He comes to the states 3 times a year where he's involved with Chinese New Year, seminars and testing.
    Okay, cuz didn't he used to have a school in NYC from which he did an ESPY-TV video on Hung Gar? I figured he'd have to be living there to run a school there. Of course the comments since my first post in this thread kind of explain things since then, but then I'm guessing he did used to live in NYC until the posted events occurred....
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Okay, cuz didn't he used to have a school in NYC from which he did an ESPY-TV video on Hung Gar? I figured he'd have to be living there to run a school there. Of course the comments since my first post in this thread kind of explain things since then, but then I'm guessing he did used to live in NYC until the posted events occurred....
    There are multiple schools (branches) of Yee's Hung Ga in the states. The episode on ESPY-TV was filmed at the Clifton, NJ branch which is also the headquarters.

I am unsure as to where he resides when he's in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    you know, when you make statements like this (about anyone really), you may be surprised how many people turn up with a perspective markedly in opposition to this; just because someone makes a very public show (hint hint) about their "good deeds", doesn't mean that there are not other things that go on out of the public eye, such as dealings with individuals in a manner hardly befitting a "great man", that are far less flattering;

of course, if the truth were laid out bear, then it wouldn't be possible for former gangsters who owned gambling dens and staged robberies to rob their patrons and had to leave Chinatown because they shot someone to re-cast themselves as grandfatherly all-knowing sifu's teaching taiji to soccer moms in suburbia!
    Are you also implying that Frank Yee is to be characterized as such?
    Just wondering since he's the main subject of this thread.