Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
What's amusing -- and disturbing -- is that many of you guys talk about "higher levels of WCK" yet aren't even competent fighters. Almost no one in WCK puts in the work necessary to become a competent fighter. It takes a TON of the right kind of work just to become competent. As my training partner says, "Some people want to move directly to enlightened warrior monk stage yet can't get out of a headlock." Most of you could even hold your own against whitebelt-level MMA or MT fighters.

Where are all these "highly skilled WCK people" -- people who can fight and hold their own with high level fighters -- except in your dreams?
Here we go again! I have to say I admire your persistence T, but fighting in a cage really has nothing to do with using the knives or pole and this is the type of 'advanced' Wing Chun people need to see imho.

If you expect a Wing Chun student to want to fight every day of their lives, or train in such a way that they can 'compete' in such a barbaric sport, then I suggest you return to your kuit that covers Mo Duk

ANY well conditioned athlete would stand a chance in the ring and what you're constantly implying is that none of us WCK practitioners are athletes. Again, I suggest you get out more and actually 'meet' some of us But we all know that aint going to happen because you are in your own dream world yourself imo.

And what I really wanted to say on THIS thread is that the WCK guy that fought the fencer WAS NOT Wong Shun Leung!!??

Why not try to contribute to that??