Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for WSL vs fencer clip

Quote Originally Posted by punchdrunk View Post
    kinda funny that R. Chu would insult your lineage for its knife form... does he have secret training methods learned from any of his seminars or private lessons he had with his multitude of teachers? Or could he and Terrence be a couple of form collectors that don't practice what they preach? Do you think they spar with their weapons? No they do more important things like chatting on forums daily!
    Mistakes of the past are best not repeated, like insulting seniors knowledge and experience of the BJD, or we end up with the BS of "profound respect for..."
    No lineage insult. That's from your own reading.

And as far as BJD, I certainly know the sets, and have sparred with them as well as well as worked on the applications. I have even worked as an apprentice chef to know how to cleave, chop, peel, and slice. And I know my anatomy to know where to use them most effectively, and crossed trained in escrima.

What have you done?

doesn't sound like you've done anything different from most... maybe you have no right to insult other lineages by insinuating they didn't learn the form?
    I apologize to everyone on this topic I didn't mean to get it further derailed, any video footage of WSL is a gift in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by punchdrunk View Post
    doesn't sound like you've done anything different from most... maybe you have no right to insult other lineages by insinuating they didn't learn the form?
    I apologize to everyone on this topic I didn't mean to get it further derailed, any video footage of WSL is a gift in my eyes.
    He's done less than most, not just the same.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

one thing T wrote i agree with...

"Just because someone is a "senior" doesn't mean they have more "knowledge and experience" or that they are better skilled. Hoc Mo Mo Gong Sien Hou, Tat Jie Wai Sien - Don't speak of who is senior or junior. The one who attains the skill first is the senior."

talk is cheap actions in your face speak volumes without a word being passed between 2 people.

I have met many similar to me, higher ranked sifu's, etc...masters of almightyness..'name' sifu...

go visit Philipp Bayer... what WSL explained to him and developed in him is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    They are on the right track, although they need to incorporate ground fighting because that's often where it will end up.

With the approach they are using, in about 6 months time they will all be 10x better than someone who sits around practicing butterfly knife sets.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grQu7wWIhNw

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    They are on the right track, although they need to incorporate ground fighting because that's often where it will end up.

With the approach they are using, in about 6 months time they will all be 10x better than someone who sits around practicing butterfly knife sets.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grQu7wWIhNw
    Nope, those guys are horrible. Utterly atrocious woudl be a more apt description. Tit for tat, and blocking blades with hands can't ever be a good tech...

The instructor at least looks slightly capable though, assuming he's the bald guy in black only shown for a moment at 1.40.
    Last edited by shawchemical; 09-16-2010 at 07:56 PM.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

A.Goh doing a ' ? ' set its not VT as I know it

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    Nope, those guys are horrible. Utterly atrocious woudl be a more apt description. Tit for tat, and blocking blades with hands can't ever be a good tech...

The instructor at least looks slightly capable though, assuming he's the bald guy in black only shown for a moment.
    Those are probably Masad techniques. I wouldn't mess with those guys, bro!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

The instructor at least looks slightly capable though, assuming he's the bald guy in black only shown for a moment.
    LOL... you are completely clueless as usual.

LOL... you are completely clueless as usual.
    At least that means I'm in possession of more of a clue than you......
    -sun tzu

At least that means I'm in possession of more of a clue than you......
    So go ahead and enlighten us on how you think it should be done.

So go ahead and enlighten us on how you think it should be done.
    Tit for tat bull**** is a terrible way to train for bladed combat. Just like point sparring is terrible for standup. The problem with blades though is that both fighters are potentially dead if you train like this. It instills bad habits.

Like I said, the guy who looks like he knows what he's doing is shown only for a little in the clip. He CUTS and slices in preference to stabs.

Sure, they're training hard, but they're training bad technique to accept a cut in return for getting one themselves. Some of the worst stuff is around 1.20, 2.30, 2.49,and 3.57

The guy that features most int he clip manages a blade into himself before retaliating at least 5 times throughout the course of the vid. Allows his opponents blade to rest near his neck, blah blah.
    -sun tzu

There is a consistency across the board from those that have actually been in a knife fight or even done realistic sparring with "knives" and you can see this in the STAB, REDZONE and DBMA videos.
    I suggest anyone truly interested in knife work to get them.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Tit for tat bull**** is a terrible way to train for bladed combat. Just like point sparring is terrible for standup. The problem with blades though is that both fighters are potentially dead if you train like this. It instills bad habits.

Like I said, the guy who looks like he knows what he's doing is shown only for a little in the clip. He CUTS and slices in preference to stabs.

Sure, they're training hard, but they're training bad technique to accept a cut in return for getting one themselves. Some of the worst stuff is around 1.20, 2.30, 2.49,and 3.57

The guy that features most int he clip manages a blade into himself before retaliating at least 5 times throughout the course of the vid. Allows his opponents blade to rest near his neck, blah blah.
    Cut and slice means the someone DOESN'T know what he is doing.

This is realistic as to how to train for the specificity of knives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0fPL4f3Eqc
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 09-17-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Knifefighter a question for you. I see a great deal in this last link you posted and in every other dog brothers tape I have seen that is straight wing chun at least the wing chun I was taught. I always had the impression you were just out right negative on wing chun. Is your issue with wing chun itself or in the way it is taught and practiced?