Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suction Palm

Kung Foolery?

Nothing to see here citizen, keep walking!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

I beg to differ, I think its absolutly possible to use the lou gung point, skin and the strength of the fingertips to do that.
    I saw a guy bend a cresent wrench as well as roll up a steel frying pan like a news paper on that new show super human.. its the mind that is our only limitation.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    I beg to differ, I think its absolutly possible to use the lou gung point, skin and the strength of the fingertips to do that.
    I saw a guy bend a cresent wrench as well as roll up a steel frying pan like a news paper on that new show super human.. its the mind that is our only limitation.
    How is what he did different than "palming" a basketball? I can't honestly see a difference. I don't think it was necessarily a "trick", but I don't believe it takes any qigong ability to do it. Dry skin (notice how often he dried his hand on the towel) and strong fingertips, along with long fingers would be all that is required to do that.
    Richard A. Tolson

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

How is what he did different than "palming" a basketball?
    I dont there's any difference other than getting a better suction on the glass than rubber.

I
    can't honestly see a difference. I don't think it was necessarily a "trick", but I don't believe it takes any qigong ability to do it.
    I dont think qigong was used either

Dry skin (notice how often he dried his hand on the towel) and strong fingertips, along with long fingers would be all that is required to do that.
    agreed, it was cool though
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Suction palm is a skill taught by Wah Lum master Chan Poi. There is no gripping with the finger tips, it is actually done by creating suction within the pit of the palm.

I have seen demonstrations of this done where another person is actually trying to pull the jar away from the person and is unable to do so.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    lol just lol

I can palm a basketball does that qualify me?

and in concern with actual fighting how would this be effective?
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    lol just lol

I can palm a basketball does that qualify me?

and in concern with actual fighting how would this be effective?
    When a part of the body is placed under a extreme negative pressure it can cause internal damage (such as compartment syndrome).

The concept of the suction palm is to induce enough suction to cause internal damage.

DBAC
    Suction palm is a skill taught by Wah Lum master Chan Poi. There is no gripping with the finger tips, it is actually done by creating suction within the pit of the palm.
    Thats called the luo gong as I said in my first post. although its may be a concentration skill I fail to see its combative application. striking yes, but sucking?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

When a part of the body is placed under a extreme negative pressure it can cause internal damage (such as compartment syndrome).
    not going to get in a big debate with you on the "precepts" or existance of internal/external. I'll just leave it at I don't believe in either, it's all the same. I'll kindly back out of your discussion about "said" things.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Imagine the hickies his wife must have with a skill like that. Sad, yes but I had to go there.
    Richard A. Tolson

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    not going to get in a big debate with you on the "precepts" or existance of internal/external. I'll just leave it at I don't believe in either, it's all the same. I'll kindly back out of your discussion about "said" things.
    You can't debate that extreme suction can cause internal injury. There are documented medical cases of such incidents (example).

Of course I can't comment on whether or not this technique can induce enough suction to cause injury. But it is interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    Yep, I have seen that too, the wrench bending, rolling up a frying pan, driving nails through a 4 x 4, rip deck of cards, etc,etc.

None of them did Qigong by the way.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You can't debate that extreme suction can cause internal injury. There are documented medical cases of such incidents
    (example).

Of course I can't comment on whether or not this technique can induce enough suction to cause injury. But it is interesting to say the least.

Im glad you added the second part, there is no way this tech even mastered could EVER produce enough suction to any compartment syndrome of interosseous muscles. but its a cool tech none the less. just has no combat application is all I was saying, so if your going to spend the years training the palm do IP training instead.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

This.....

everyone likes watching the carnies do there work...