Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eight Chopping Knives, dead or alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    If you scroll down to the bottom of this link:
    http://www.wingchunkwoon.com/grading.asp#
    you'll see that the "Do" are a requirement for Master Level.
    I don't mind showing what I know of the blades. In fact they are my favorite weapon and I think I'm pretty competent with them.
    That's some serious structure to your gradings there! And it helps to make my point too, as I do think many students see the knives as the ultimate.

Seeing your form would be a treat, but would you put that out in the public domain?? I know I wouldn't/couldn't BUT I could share some exercises and skill tests!

Personally I always favoured the pole during my training, but I was kinda forced to look at it more than others! After time, I began to appreciate the true knowledge of the blades and I'm working on getting te Lee Shing family to be a little more open about what and how we practise with them.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    That's some serious structure to your gradings there! And it helps to make my point too, as I do think many students see the knives as the ultimate.

Seeing your form would be a treat, but would you put that out in the public domain?? I know I wouldn't/couldn't BUT I could share some exercises and skill tests!

Personally I always favoured the pole during my training, but I was kinda forced to look at it more than others! After time, I began to appreciate the true knowledge of the blades and I'm working on getting te Lee Shing family to be a little more open about what and how we practise with them.
    In retrospect I do believe that a good pole practitioner could best the knives since it's a longer weapon.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Private lessons with the knives
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAPxNOsbVJI
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    . . . .Seeing your form would be a treat, but would you put that out in the public domain?? I know I wouldn't/couldn't BUT I could share some exercises and skill tests! . . .
    I used to think that way 40 years ago. But I eventually learned that the secret is that there is no secret. It's all about hard training. I can show someone all my knowledge but if they don't practice diligently it means nothing.
    The BJD form is on my website as are the other forms except the LDBK which I haven't gotten to yet. It'll be on my new website though.
    Here is the link to the BJD form:
    http://www.wingchunkwoon.com/bandd.asp
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

But I eventually learned that the secret is that there is no secret. It's all about hard training. I can show someone all my knowledge but if they don't practice diligently it means nothing.
    That is probably the most intelligent statement I have read on this forum in a long time.