Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bagua vs. Muay Thai FIGHT VIDEO

Hybrid View

Bagua vs. Muay Thai FIGHT VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ls7SAbN24

and the loser's comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bxOTmOZELA&NR=1

Personally I think these are just excuses. Traditionally the top fighters were the tigers of wu lin because they fought constantly.

In the modern age we cannot engage in street fights all the time.

But there is always the ring to apply our techniques, whether it is Muaythai, Sanda, MMA, Kyokushinkai (and offshoots), shootfighting, etc.... some have big boxing gloves and some have small gloves.

And if you want no gloves I'm sure you can find people who can accommodate you! But trying to say that you teach "effective, practical material" when someone doesn't have actual fighting experience is also a lie, in my opinion.

thoughts?

PS - looks like Black Taoist was helping training this guy for his fight.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    this vid still floating around I see.

yeah a pathetic guy trying to mouthbox his way up. MT guy was just playing with him at points thought it was funny. MT guy even got a RN choke on the dude and he had, looked like 16oz, boxing gloves on.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ls7SAbN24

and the loser's comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bxOTmOZELA&NR=1

Personally I think these are just excuses. Traditionally the top fighters were the tigers of wu lin because they fought constantly.

In the modern age we cannot engage in street fights all the time.

But there is always the ring to apply our techniques, whether it is Muaythai, Sanda, MMA, Kyokushinkai (and offshoots), shootfighting, etc.... some have big boxing gloves and some have small gloves.

And if you want no gloves I'm sure you can find people who can accommodate you! But trying to say that you teach "effective, practical material" when someone doesn't have actual fighting experience is also a lie, in my opinion.

thoughts?

PS - looks like Black Taoist was helping training this guy for his fight.
    thoughts, well if your trainer has never been in a competative fight and your sparring partners suck you are in for a bad day

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    thoughts, well if your trainer has never been in a competative fight and your sparring partners suck you are in for a bad day
    freaking ass people and their common sense !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Maoshan/Blacktaoist and Maoshan's student DJ apparently calling out NakMeezy to fight in the ManUpStandUp tournament....

Personally, honestly I have seen DJ's fights and if Nak is serious about making a statement he could REALLY hurt the guy. Also they wanna do looser rules/no rules/or something like that which IMHO is worse for them as well as Nak has some rudimentary ground game and you add elbows and knees to the face and it's a whole different ballgame as well....

my 2 cents
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Maoshan/Blacktaoist and Maoshan's student DJ apparently calling out NakMeezy to fight in the ManUpStandUp tournament....

Personally, honestly I have seen DJ's fights and if Nak is serious about making a statement he could REALLY hurt the guy. Also they wanna do looser rules/no rules/or something like that which IMHO is worse for them as well as Nak has some rudimentary ground game and you add elbows and knees to the face and it's a whole different ballgame as well....

my 2 cents
    that whole scene seems like drama to me... lots of talk, not many fights... like the sensei mo thing...

there has already been a fight and we all saw what happened.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    freaking ass people and their common sense !!
    hey someone else has to get there sometimes before you do, its just the law of averages get over it smart guy

this is what happens when u get trapped by forms. when u get trapped by fantasy and living in perpetual childhood. an entire life wasted and without meaning
    Last edited by bawang; 06-06-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

its ironic how when a cma stylist says that what they do is a good way to be a good fighter and then they agree to an mma or kickboxing match and proceed to train in boxing and bjj... wtf??? so theyre training is good enough but they choose to use the training methods from other combat sports??? rediculous....

its almost as bad as a guy saying his chinna works on the ground and then proceeds to use bjj theories to execute these cma locks...

some people will just never understand... they see the same locks and think its the same... a straight arm bar is a straight armbar and people see that and with ZERO understanding they say "see its the same" without ever realizing the difference is in the approach...

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLcw1...eature=related

whats sad is for "internal" kung fu this guys teaching is actually pretty high standard

this is what happens when u get trapped by forms. when u get trapped by fantasy and living in perpetual childhood. an entire life wasted and without meaning

dont try to use kung fu to escape your life problems and make yourself feel important
    i would like to see the results of somebody like these guys training bagua hard, every day, light to full contact sparring and basic fight prep... if they applied their art to the ring and actually trained for that...

do you think that a bagua cat and a muay thai cat that put the same amount of time in the ring sparring would be competetive at a proffesional level???

i think so...

and the loser's comments

I like how he says that one of the reasons that he lost is that he overtrained.

Then he goes on to say that he only trained for three days before the fight!

Someone hold my beer and chips while I take on both of these guys....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    I like how he says that one of the reasons that he lost is that he overtrained.

Then he goes on to say that he only trained for three days before the fight!

Someone hold my beer and chips while I take on both of these guys....
    If you go to his youtube page, he has uploaded a video of the fight with his own commentary. In the course of roughly two and a half minutes, Maoshan manages to complain the reason that he lost was because of:

1) The obvious size difference.
    2) That he hasn’t trained in wrestling.
    3) Wasn’t in condition for the fight.
    4) Hasn’t competitively fought for 15 years because he has been teaching.
    5) Mentions training for real life combat is “Something else altogether.”
    6) Keeps on mentioning he hasn’t been in the ring for a long time.
    7) (In reference to Nakmeezy telling people he “beat [Maoshan’s] ass’’) Asks “when did you whip my ass?”
    8) (When the video comes to the part where Nak is sitting on Maoshan’s back and punching him in the head) He says, “Wow … wow… you beat a dude who hasn’t been trained!"

I honestly could not watch the other five minutes of the video.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    7) (In reference to Nakmeezy telling people he “beat [Maoshan’s] ass’’) Asks “when did you whip my ass?”
    8) (When the video comes to the part where Nak is sitting on Maoshan’s back and punching him in the head) He says, “Wow … wow… you beat a dude who hasn’t been trained!"
    just excuses, the thing he should be looking at is, did I learn anything from that loss?
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexorcist View Post
    his fault - he knew the size difference before the fight
    his fault - he knew the rule set included grappling before going in
    his fault - he didn't train enough
    his fault - don't get back into the ring if you are not actively training for it
    his fault - don't get in the ring if you are training for "something else altogether"

just an aside here - this is such a LAME position - sorry, full-contact ring fighting and fighting in "t3h str33t" are NOT "something else altogether" - they are variations on the same theme, which is called FIGHTING; and if you are such a hot sh1t street fighter training in a FORMAL martial art, then at the very least if you step into the ring w someone who trains primarilly for that venue, then you should at least demonstrate some knowledge of footwork, evasion, defending against leg kicks, leg grabs, leg sweeps and knees, since all of those do happen in the street! none of that was the case here - Maoshan looked and behaved like a rank amateur with no game plan and no ability to defend himself - and keep in mind that HE GAVE UP - if he is so street, where is that street-fighter attitude? the guys I know who used to thrive on street fighting, they only stopped when they were no longer physically able to keep going, not because they decided not to...
    his fault - don't get back in if it's been too long
    I think a shorter answer would be when DIDN'T he whip his asz
    his fault - don't get in the ring if you are not trained
    I honestly could not watch the other five minutes of the video.
    it is excruciatingly painful to watch a grown man try to rationalize away the simple fact that he got owned on every level - which would be fine, and there would be no loss of respect, except for the fact that the world had to suffer his trash talk on youtube before hand ad infinitum, ad absurdum, ad nauseum - so now it's payback time, lol...