Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bagua vs. Muay Thai FIGHT VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    and the loser's comments

I like how he says that one of the reasons that he lost is that he overtrained.

Then he goes on to say that he only trained for three days before the fight!

Someone hold my beer and chips while I take on both of these guys....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLcw1...eature=related

whats sad is for "internal" kung fu this guys teaching is actually pretty high standard

this is what happens when u get trapped by forms. when u get trapped by fantasy and living in perpetual childhood. an entire life wasted and without meaning

dont try to use kung fu to escape your life problems and make yourself feel important
    i would like to see the results of somebody like these guys training bagua hard, every day, light to full contact sparring and basic fight prep... if they applied their art to the ring and actually trained for that...

do you think that a bagua cat and a muay thai cat that put the same amount of time in the ring sparring would be competetive at a proffesional level???

i think so...

oh, and that whole iron ring thing was just embarrassing... all these rappers walking around like theyre tough... there was so much insecurity manifesting through ego, it was just sad... that whole episode was a waste of time space and money... i dont know who should be more insulted, mma cats or hiphop cats...

shonie carter has some funny views on the show and the people involved... these people were laughable... way too concerned with image and apearances, not so much concerned about hardwork and practical training... these are the kinds of people who think kimbo was hardcore based on a few clips of punching out rookies on steroids and looking mean... i wonder how these gangster thug types felt when their hero got one punched by a 3rd string crossdressing waterboy in seth petrazulli... like, how could some man-tongue licking, dress wearing, always pretending to hump males in photos beat a man who is the epitome of thug toughness??? people associate skills with appearances way too much... alot of guys get knocked out because of that kind of thinking...

how many times have we seen a nerd in highschool finally breakdown, fight back, and absolutely destroy his tormentor bully??? i'll never forget watching this thug type at my school picking on this gigantor retarded kid... gigantor manhandled him so bad... he was forever branded the guy who picked a fight with a retarded kid and got dummied...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    oh, i'll never forget watching this thug type at my school picking on this gigantor retarded kid... gigantor manhandled him so bad... he was forever branded the guy who picked a fight with a retarded kid and got dummied...

I would pay lots of money to see that video!!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    I would pay lots of money to see that video!!
    well too bad for you... i can watch the vid anytime i want... its in my noodle

i thought you had to had to have a considerable amount of coordination and flexibility to do bagua

that guy threw awkward stiff grandma kicks at the mt fighter

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    dont try to use kung fu to escape your life problems and make yourself feel important
    if one grows up in a socioeconomically depressed environment with sub-standard educational / career opportunities, one can have a pervasive sense of being socially marginalized; TCMA, because of it's scholar-warrior mythos, provides one with not only an escape from the grim realities of one's daily life, but also a means by which one can now be regarded as an authority in not only martial arts, but also in philosophy, metaphysics and medicine; and while the true lack of depth and scope of one's knowledge is readily apparent to anyone with legitimate training in any of the above noted areas, when one's student body is comprised primarily of individuals from similar socioeconomic strata, one can live that fantasy without much chance of being "found-out"; and as a result of one's tutelage, one's students may substitute this fantasy pursuit for that of guns, drugs and gangs;

OTOH, if one is living in a middle-class suburbia with little to no cultural richness in one's life, doing the 9-5 grind, or the bored-housewife gig, then a little esoterica goes a long way to giving one some sense of purpose, playing fantasy-land warrior, being privy to ancient-knowledge, spicing up one's life; and this may give one enough relief from the lifeless routine in which one was stuck to be come a more inspired and inspiring individual to those around them'

similarly, if one is a bored rich-guy, or a neurotic hot-sh1t Hollywood actor, with a sense of entitlement a mile-wide, then of course one is deserving of receiving special teaching from a hidden master who has the absolute bestest-ever secret-sauce style, and because your intrinsic fu(ked-upness is so unique, only this yoda-like avatar is the one who has the cure for what ails ye; and at the same time, one might possibly become less of an asz-hole in the process (or not, of course)

as you can see, the golden chains of TCMA fit around the ankles, wrists and necks of people from al walks of life; the question is, while it is clearly a delusional pursuit in which they are all engaged, if it helps them cope with the dysfunctionality of their lives, and possible relieves enough of their stress to make them less sh1tty spuses, parents, friends to those around them, maybe it's not such a bad thing after all?

it's all Dao in the end - to confine the path of the Way to one set of preconditions is to project one's own fragmented world-view onto the totality; which is not to say one should not follow one's own path with passion and conviction, but rather that one might perhaps not look down on the other ants just because one is a little bit further up the side of the toilet bowl than they are...
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 09-17-2010 at 04:50 PM.

crab bucket....!!!

Blog Entries
    We should not

- exchange punches against a boxer.
    - exchange punches and kicks against a MT guy.
    - play clinching and wrestling game against a wrestler or Judo guy.
    - play ground game against a BJJ guy.

We should use our strength to deal with our opponent's weakness.

- What's Bagua guy's stength?
    - What's MT guy's weakness?

What can we learn from this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ls7SAbN24

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not

that's part of where the trouble begins thinking one is a "stylist" guy fighting didn't begin with bagua lol you are a human animal you have to be beaten into a fighter and use "styles" as a weapon. it's really a dumb conversation the tma vs sport mma convo I mean in the end all pro fighters can expect is to be a junkie like tyson or concussed like frakenstien like Ali is this what you want your son to be? brain damaged? its poor people in thailand that do fighting or they would be in med school building spaceships and ****. any one else fighting in the big leagues is some jock who is already concussed as a sports player so he may as well make money being a pro fighter as he is too brain damaged to play real sports like basketball and hockey...

any way ****s a dumb convo none of you are fighters on the pro mma side and i'm sure hardly any of you are lineage holders maintaining your style from extinction. bleh lol

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    that's part of where the trouble begins thinking one is a "stylist" guy fighting didn't begin with bagua lol you are a human animal you have to be beaten into a fighter and use "styles" as a weapon. it's really a dumb conversation the tma vs sport mma convo I mean in the end all pro fighters can expect is to be a junkie like tyson or concussed like frakenstien like Ali is this what you want your son to be? brain damaged? its poor people in thailand that do fighting or they would be in med school building spaceships and ****. any one else fighting in the big leagues is some jock who is already concussed as a sports player so he may as well make money being a pro fighter as he is too brain damaged to play real sports like basketball and hockey...

any way ****s a dumb convo none of you are fighters on the pro mma side and i'm sure hardly any of you are lineage holders maintaining your style from extinction. bleh lol
    The irony here is that with a post this idiotic you are the one that appears brain damaged. You are the kind of mentally challenged only a blind mother could love. Aren't you special...
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 09-17-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not

You cannot do what you aren't trained to do. This way of thinking will get you into trouble. Unless you are very well rounded you have no choice but to fight to your strengths.

The Bagua guy had no strengths in regards to this fight. His only option would be to try and strike, and in that as well he was severely outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    The irony here is that with a post this idiotic you are the one that appears brain damaged. You are the kind of mentally challenged only a blind mother could love. Aren't you special...
    You just proved Diego's point...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post

Am I right in concluding that you are saying that the "Bagua" guy had no clue about Bagua? If so, I am in total agreement with you.

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    I like how he says that one of the reasons that he lost is that he overtrained.

Then he goes on to say that he only trained for three days before the fight!

Someone hold my beer and chips while I take on both of these guys....
    If you go to his youtube page, he has uploaded a video of the fight with his own commentary. In the course of roughly two and a half minutes, Maoshan manages to complain the reason that he lost was because of:

1) The obvious size difference.
    2) That he hasn’t trained in wrestling.
    3) Wasn’t in condition for the fight.
    4) Hasn’t competitively fought for 15 years because he has been teaching.
    5) Mentions training for real life combat is “Something else altogether.”
    6) Keeps on mentioning he hasn’t been in the ring for a long time.
    7) (In reference to Nakmeezy telling people he “beat [Maoshan’s] ass’’) Asks “when did you whip my ass?”
    8) (When the video comes to the part where Nak is sitting on Maoshan’s back and punching him in the head) He says, “Wow … wow… you beat a dude who hasn’t been trained!"

I honestly could not watch the other five minutes of the video.