Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bagua vs. Muay Thai FIGHT VIDEO

mang dun b dum . im generalizing

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    mang dun b dum . im generalizing
    I've known you for long enough to know exactly what you are talking about.

And had enough hard sparring/fights, gotten my ass kicked enough times to know what is real, fake, bullsh1t or legitimate....
    Last edited by Violent Designs; 09-19-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    I've known you for long enough to know exactly what you are talking about.

And had enough hard sparring/fights, gotten my ass kicked enough times to know what is real, fake, bullsh1t or legitimate....
    well la di da!!! arent you so fukcing special!!!

u teach real kung fu then in 1 year ur student finishes learning eveything and leaves you, you cant make easy monies

Very true Bawang!!!! thats how my teacher teaches.

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post
    u teach real kung fu then in 1 year ur student finishes learning eveything and leaves you, you cant make easy monies

Very true Bawang!!!! thats how my teacher teaches.
    So... your teacher drags your training out?
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    So... your teacher drags your training out?
    i was thinking the same thing??? are you saying this is a good thing, taiji??? that your sifu is sapping his students??? basing their curriculum on getting the most money rather than the best course for getting the best results and value for their dollar for each student???

Domination or Dumb-in-nation

First off, much respect to all styles.

I dont know about this video but I just sparred with a Muay Thai guy in the street. I must say Bagua is not meant to be in a ring with rules. The song and dance without Fajin will equal the result in this video. Thus why the MT dude dominated.

Anyhow, back to my personal experience. Bagua...at least Yin Style...is not meant to play, dance or back paddle. I knocked down my opponent three times...cold, crisp and fast and all within a 30 sec to a minute of our session. We put only 20 to 30 percent in effort in 3 - 3 to 5 minute rounds. In a real fight, the ornate changes in Bagua and quick control of the situation would of won in just a few moments.

MY MISTAKE was that I felt bad and eased up(STUPID MISTAKE in my part) to prolong the training to three rounds and have a happy ending of no one getting hurt. This mistake led to my legs getting chopped away with Muay Thai's thigh kicks....which still aches and its been 4 days now. The 8 oz gloves worn was a total disadvantage for me and it was hard to tear, push and pull with simultaneous motions. My only glorified moments was when I executed Lion cutting and monkey strikes. The cool stuff was not executed due to rules and the false safety thick ass gloves that was worn.

I say we both won and made mistakes. His mistake was to under estimate me at the very beginning. My mistake was going soft after a few slams and played a game in Muay Thai's court wearing gear that took away my empty palms.

What I LOVED about this interaction was seeing and getting first hand insight on RECEIVING Muay Thai combos. Now my experience is to cut and shave what would work in a ring from Bagua methods that would be regulated.

Any case guys, A LIFE TIME OF practice does not mount to ONE real fight. It is those who HUMBLY spar and fight other styles...to learn from mistakes and still have all body parts to function in full and to continue to chisel your body as a tool to become a great fighter.

My sparring partner said, "wow, you made me nervous and that Muay Thai is meant to hurt but your stuff is meant to kill...I like what you brought to the table, it was new and a great experience." I can only agree and smile while enjoying the same experience.

Now we are friends and going to spar again next week. Just thought I'd share.

I would have more respect from both parties if they show continuing education by humbly sparring other styles...whether you lose or not. Its not Gladiator, you can lose a fight, still live and still fight, your life is not taken.Take advantage of modern cage fights/sparring methods and quit making excuses and nonsense ranting. Life is too short, no time for **** measure.

PEACE.

Bagua is good for handling drunks. And that's pretty much it in my opinion.

It's useless against a seasoned boxer or kickboxer and nobody trains any so called internal martial arts in any way shape or form near the intensity required to step into a ring fight with a conditioned and stamina ready fighter with attitude.

I have yet to see a single so called IMA fighter succeed with a sport fight.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DeeMonk
    Domination or Dumb-in-nation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know about this video but I just sparred with a Muay Thai guy in the street. I must say Bagua is not meant to be in a ring with rules. The song and dance without Fajin will equal the result in this video. Thus why the MT dude dominated.

Anyhow, back to my personal experience. Bagua...at least Yin Style...is not meant to play, dance or back paddle. I knocked down my opponent three times...cold, crisp and fast and all within a 30 sec to a minute of our session. We put only 20 to 30 percent in effort in 3 - 3 to 5 minute rounds. In a real fight, the ornate changes in Bagua and quick control of the situation would of won in just a few moments.

MY MISTAKE was that I felt bad and eased up(STUPID MISTAKE in my part) to prolong the training to three rounds and have a happy ending of no one getting hurt. This mistake led to my legs getting chopped away with Muay Thai's thigh kicks....which still aches and its been 4 days now. The 8 oz gloves worn was a total disadvantage for me and it was hard to tear, push and pull with simultaneous motions. My only glorified moments was when I executed Lion cutting and monkey strikes. The cool stuff was not executed due to rules and the false safety thick ass gloves that was worn.

I say we both won and made mistakes. His mistake was to under estimate me at the very beginning. My mistake was going soft after a few slams and played a game in Muay Thai's court wearing gear that took away my empty palms.

What I LOVED about this interaction was seeing and getting first hand insight on RECEIVING Muay Thai combos. Now my experience is to cut and shave what would work in a ring from Bagua methods that would be regulated.

Any case guys, A LIFE TIME OF practice does not mount to ONE real fight. It is those who HUMBLY spar and fight other styles...to learn from mistakes and still have all body parts to function in full and to continue to chisel your body as a tool to become a great fighter.

My sparring partner said, "wow, you made me nervous and that Muay Thai is meant to hurt but your stuff is meant to kill...I like what you brought to the table, it was new and a great experience." I can only agree and smile while enjoying the same experience.

I would have more respect from both parties if they show continuing education by humbly sparring other styles...whether you lose or not. Its not Gladiator, you can lose a fight, still live and still fight, your life is not taken.Take advantage of modern cage fights/sparring methods and quit making excuses and nonsense ranting. Life is too short, no time for **** measure.

PEACE.
    09-20-2010 08:16 AM ¨

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

It's useless against a seasoned boxer or kickboxer and nobody trains any so called internal martial arts in any way shape or form near the intensity required to step into a ring fight with a conditioned and stamina ready fighter with attitude.

Why do you always miss the point????

The man said that he sparred a MT guy. He was kind enough to tell us about his experience, and also made other sensible points. Yet, you ignore all that and gave your clueless opinion about one of the most powerful kung fu styles out there.

My advice to you is to find a REAL kung fu sifu, and train for some years, yes years and not a year, as despite popular belief by this forum's kung fu clueless knuckleheads, you don't become a kung fu master in one year! In fact you don't even get a basic understanding of the principles in one year!

There you go, now take that advice and leave the "smart ass" comments to the smart people.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DeeMonk View Post

PEACE.
    lord another one

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lord another one
    I still say that you should be posting in an MMA forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I still say that you should be posting in an MMA forum.
    who says i dont

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    who says i dont
    You should keep your posts there, perhaps....

If this person's bagua can't work under controlled circumstances in which he is in a level playing field, how can it ever hope to work were there are "no rules" and his opponent won't "play fair"?

As Ron Burgandy would say:
    "That doesn't make any sense".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

max chen tai chi sanda fighter,has won many fights in the ring