Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bagua vs. Muay Thai FIGHT VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    max chen tai chi sanda fighter,has won many fights in the ring
    please don't go on about how Max Chen is a tai Chi fighter... he has trained with NY San Da, Boston Sanshou, Cung Le, with free form boxing (Western boxing team) and with Phil Nurse (Muay Thai). People in NYC laugh when they talk about his "proud tai chi fighting tradition" because it simply is complete BS
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    please don't go on about how Max Chen is a tai Chi fighter... he has trained with NY San Da, Boston Sanshou, Cung Le, with free form boxing (Western boxing team) and with Phil Nurse (Muay Thai). People in NYC laugh when they talk about his "proud tai chi fighting tradition" because it simply is complete BS
    That said, you know his Dad's feelings on the BS in taichi and one knows that Max and his sister ( Tiffany?), got their "practicality: from their old man.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    max chen tai chi sanda fighter,has won many fights in the ring
    what is taichi san da?

i'm pretty sure when he gets in a san da ring, he uses san da and fights to san da rules.

no baguazhang, no taijiquan

I haven't even seen any toughman type things where so called IMA can actually field a real player.

However, when it comes to handling drunks and ruffians who lack skill, it's pretty cool and handy.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

theres no such thing as fukin thai chee. chen village trained cannon boxing and long fist.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    theres no such thing as fukin thai chee. chen village trained cannon boxing and long fist.
    chen village trained shaolin kung fu that is correct.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i want to bring this up again and say that i think its not mao shan aka ben hill's fault. he tried his best, he believed his teacher and put faith in kung fu. i only hope he can learn a lesson from this.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i want to bring this up again and say that i think its not mao shan aka ben hill's fault. he tried his best, he believed his teacher and put faith in kung fu. i only hope he can learn a lesson from this.
    Well then it's his fault. Everything that comes out of our mouths in regards to serious, polemical and aggresive stances on subjects, it's obviously our responsibility to check, as far as possible, that it's true.

Everyone we believe, it's our fault for believing them. Not that that excuses frauds for doing what they do, but there's not a fraud in the land who doesn't have some patsy saying 'I can guarantee you that he's the real deal!'

Perhaps if the mouthpieces worried more about the truth, and less about their own eventually accession to position of chief fraud, we'd have less of this crap.

As for the actual fight, I love how the thai boxer demolished the other guy, completely proved his superiority, and a whole, depsicable spin and defamation and insult horde has swung in to action to attack him - the same that happens all the time when CMAists get called out on their fake ness... as if, they've spent so long proving their daft claims with words only, they think that even when they've been shown up they can still talk and insult their way out of it. Lol.
    It's not worth a penny!

Fighters fight. Fighters win. Fighters lose.

Anyone who has ever fought competitively knows this, which is why "real" fighters are much more humble than other a**ss clowns who pretend that they fight and tell everyone they fight yet never do. And in the rare case that they do, they backpeddle and make excuses and talk sh**it about why they lost instead of being a man about it and simply saying the other guy was a better fighter on this day.

Sometimes honor can be earned as much in defeat as it can in victory.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Fighters fight. Fighters win. Fighters lose.

Anyone who has ever fought competitively knows this, which is why "real" fighters are much more humble than other a**ss clowns who pretend that they fight and tell everyone they fight yet never do. And in the rare case that they do, they backpeddle and make excuses and talk sh**it about why they lost instead of being a man about it and simply saying the other guy was a better fighter on this day.

Sometimes honor can be earned as much in defeat as it can in victory.
    No matter how good you are, there is always someone better.
    Fact is that unless you have fought and fought people that KNOW how to fight, you will never be able to take your MA, whichever it may be, to the other level.
    Doesn't matter if you were a good fighter or great fighter or lost more than you won, what matters is that you tested it VS the highest caliber you could and found out what works and what doesn't and evolved accordingly.
    THAT is what makes one a Martial Artist AND a Fighter.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Fact is that unless you have fought and fought people that KNOW how to fight, you will never be able to take your MA, whichever it may be, to the other level.
    Doesn't matter if you were a good fighter or great fighter or lost more than you won, what matters is that you tested it VS the highest caliber you could and found out what works and what doesn't and evolved accordingly.
    Quoted for Truth!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    People here scoff at "sport" and "competition" but the fact remains, the reason they work is they tell you exactly where you are in the food chain

I've been in rooms with amateurs, professional and world champion professionals. I've worked with guys who are light years ahead of me, and then seen them get waxed by guys ahead of them

I've done "plam" (neck wrestling) with guys who lived and trained in Thailand. I've wrestled with division one wrestlers. If you havent' done stuff like that, you really have no idea what things really are like when they "go down"

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I've done "plam" (neck wrestling) with guys who lived and trained in Thailand. I've wrestled with division one wrestlers. If you havent' done stuff like that, you really have no idea what things really are like when they "go down
    Are you trying to say that dropping into a horse stance and putting an elbow to the back of a Div 1 wrestler's head won't stop the takedown!! I need proof.

Are you trying to say that dropping into a horse stance and putting an elbow to the back of a Div 1 wrestler's head won't stop the takedown!! I need proof.
    a div II guy will look at a junior college wrestler and be like "what are you retarded?" - ie he would never fall for his basic attacks. a div I guy would "eat his lunch". If you are talking about "all americans" or champions, it is an entirely different level

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    a div II guy will look at a junior college wrestler and be like "what are you retarded?" - ie he would never fall for his basic attacks. a div I guy would "eat his lunch". If you are talking about "all americans" or champions, it is an entirely different level
    Which further proves that those at that elite level get their through competing against the very best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYu3cCYBSRQ

The footwork and movement these guys possess is unbelievable!

Which further proves that those at that elite level get their through competing against the very best.
    "steel sharpens steel"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYu3cCYBSRQ

The footwork and movement these guys possess is unbelievable!
    OSU coach Smith is a legend