Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bagua vs. Muay Thai FIGHT VIDEO

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Which further proves that those at that elite level get their through competing against the very best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYu3cCYBSRQ

The footwork and movement these guys possess is unbelievable!
    "steel sharpens steel"
    the scramble is so under rated and undertrained in most MA. The ability to move fast and gain dominant position and control is lacked in many.

Now you see a lot of top BJJ and grapplers taking to the training in wrestling. wrestling has it's faults in fighting but it sure has as hell has a base for domination and movement.

I laugh most times when "traditionalist" speak of wrestling and how it's just guys humping each other on the ground. They have never rolled with a college div. wrestler and seen how easy it is for them to put you on your back.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Yeah it wasn't great.

My first fight against a golden gloves boxer wasn't that great either.

Internal arts are great, but you need a great foundation in "external" first.

After I could kickbox very well, I learned taiji and learned how to walk through people. Kickboxing is basics. Foundation kung fu should look a lot like Muay Thai...thats what it is, basics from the Ming Dyansty...you know..what people consider to be the height of Chinese Martial arts. Look at the armour of the Thai warriors...this is exactly Ming Dynasty armor.

Want to see the next Cung Le? His foundation is in Kung fu and his foundation is good, that is why he can Thai box too. http://www.teamtenpow.com/

Once you can fight, then you learn stepping and can mess people up.