Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ussd updates or news

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Has anybody ever moved on from these organizations and learned some actual traditional chinese martial arts?
    Yes. A year and a half after I left USSD I signed up for Shaolin Kung Fu, and even though I didn't stick with that school the difference between doing stuff that I've been told is Kung Fu an actual, real Kung Fu was night and day.

I've been doing Wing Chun since autumn 2001.
    Last edited by Almost A Ghost; 02-08-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ya i think you're right on that one. most chicks ive known have had that super power since pre teens lol
    lol! i call as i see them/experience them...actually, i'm really not that bad.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by crashhelmet View Post
    I'm actually looking to do just that. I've been considering Wing Chun to learn to rely on my hands more, but have also considered trying to find a true Shaolin school and hope the transition will be easy.
    well, be ready for some rude awakenings.
    If you study Wing Chun, you will learn about efficient movement, how NOT to cross your own centerline, or cross block to the inside gate, and other Bozo No-No's.
    If you learn Hung-Gar, you will learn the actual Five Animals-correctly.
    You will also learn not to ever say,"Flamingo stance."
    You will learn correct stances and structure, power generation, and probably never say "Half-moon stance" or "trigger finger" again, you will learn Kung-Fu application.......it goes on...
    If you go to ANY traditional school, you will be taught that Jiu-Jutsu waza or techniques are not called "Ju-Jitsus," and Kempo self defense techniques are not called, "Kempos."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Has anybody ever moved on from these organizations and learned some actual traditional chinese martial arts?
    I totally missed this! I didn't see it until Almost A Ghost's post. I actually did train in some Chen Taiji as well as Praying Mantis for a while. I just gravitated back to what I grew up with...

PS, I also studied with Tak Wah Eng a couple times (and with one of his instructors out here) for about a year.
    Last edited by SenseiShellie; 02-08-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    I totally missed this! I didn't see it until Almost A Ghost's post. I actually did train in some Chen Taiji as well as Praying Mantis for a while. I just gravitated back to what I grew up with...
    I don't know how you were able to do that. The thought of training in Kempo makes me shutter. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by The truth View Post
    The art is shaolin kempo.when was the last time any of you were in the presense of the abbot of the shaolin temple probably never.this site needs to be shut down adn left out to pasture its done. We are trained by the monks and you are trained by some guy in a garage with no dojo how can you compare the two you cant
    For those of you that don't know, "the truth" is actually Richard Black himself doing a horrible job of defending his actions. In case you missed the last thread, here is a quick synopsis. Richard has screwed over anyone that he can in order to make a buck, he has lied to anyone that would listen to him, and has cheated on his wife with more people than he could count (of course, counting is not his strong point, but it is more than a few). I wonder if he is looking forward to this year's trip to China. That has always been an opportunity for a few rendezvous in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost A Ghost View Post
    I don't know how you were able to do that. The thought of training in Kempo makes me shutter. LOL
    Lol! I guess I kinda like kempo...

so would that be the same as kenpo? and which is it, chinese or japanese??? ive never understood this as ive seen it attached to both cultures, and sometimes in a mishmash all at once sort of way...

when i was a kid a went to a chain called temple kung fu, i think that was kempo... but it was the worst culty sh1t ive ever personally had to run from... there are like 4 uniforms to buy and they make you buy and wear forearm protection for hand drills (real tough, i know)...

whenever i hear about kempo its negative and almost always associated with some franchise school and referred to as cultish...

so wheres the good kempo shellie??? would that be like ed parker lineage or what??? im lost on this one... ive always avoided it because of the negative connections... but i'll take this opportunity to ask someone that seems somewhat normal... seems like a rare thing tho shellie... whattup???

locking the USSD thread in the Shaolin forum was the best thing Gene in his infinite wisdom ever did - now we are on the MAIN FORUM, baby!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    Lol! I guess I kinda like kempo...
    yeah, me too. My teaching methods have been greatly influenced by Kenpo, having taught for both Tracy's and FVSSD, however, I lean towards Tracy's method-Tracy is still considered by many to be the closest thing to Chow's original methods.
    I had the opportunity to meet a person from a Hung Kuen lineage who's method resembled Kenpo a great deal. Rapid-fire continuous strikes, one flowing into the next. Very aggressive, very powerful.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Iron Bra

He should have called that video his Iron Bra demonstration.

I actually started with a traditional Southern Sil Lum 5 Animals. Then moved to Ralph Castro Kenpo. When I moved to Socal, all I could find was Villari Shaolin Kempo, which was underhandedly taken over by USSD. After leaving USSD, I studied Ying Jow Pai. I am currently training in and teaching Northern Long Fist.

So yeah it happens. Their cool aid is not that great tasting.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

kempoisbest and I hang out all the time. He's not really good at anything but its ok because he does anything i tell him to, and he pays me to be his friend.

its a good deal.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I actually trained in Yang Tai Chi and Kung Fu San Soo BEFORE becoming USSD. I actually liked my USSD experience, but it was never as good as San Soo.

Thanks guys

Legal action has officially been taken against us.

Any discussion of USSD will be grounds for immediate banning.

Please take it to another forum.

I'm deleting the What's Up with USSD? thread now. It's taking some time because it was so big.

This thread is now closed.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart