Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SPM sparring wing chun

SPM sparring wing chun

would people consider this a good example of SPM in action?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=TMP2...eature=related

lol... looks like an grade school girly slap fight... real scary...

these cats wouldnt last 5 seconds in a real fight with somebody whos actually fought before, trained or not... a 9th grade schoolyard thug could dummy on both of em at once...

Tai Ji Peng = End of slappy hands.

I see no peng here... no peng intended.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Blog Entries
    girly slap fight
    one of them is a girl hahahahaha
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

This is why Chinese martial arts are dying. This type of teaching/training is like a cancer to our wu gung.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    if that was a show of someone with rank in that system, then my beginners will whip they're arses!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    one of them is a girl hahahahaha
    yeah but it dont mean she gotta fight like one in the second grade... esspecially with wing chun, given the legends...

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    This is why Chinese martial arts are dying. This type of teaching/training is like a cancer to our wu gung.
    and all the sheeple clapped as if they were witnessing some marvelous display of cunning prowess... bee-eye-itch please...

You ever have to spar with a chick and she like goes all out trying to take your head off, and you hold back because she's a girl, and you end up looking bad for having agreed to spar with her in the first place?.....
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    You ever have to spar with a chick and she like goes all out trying to take your head off, and you hold back because she's a girl, and you end up looking bad for having agreed to spar with her in the first place?.....
    nope................... you?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    and all the sheeple clapped as if they were witnessing some marvelous display of cunning prowess... bee-eye-itch please...
    As far as my research and understanding goes, most martial arts taught nowadays in Hong Kong (where I assume this is held? if not Guangdong) is of EXTREMELY SUBSTANDARD QUALITY.

I am just honored to be so fortunate that my Sifu, whom I respect very much, lives in my area.

Yuan Fen is a strange thing, isn't it? For years I've dedicated most of my time to training in the martial arts and it seems that fate has placed me in the path of a teacher who has finally opened his doors to me, teaching me as far as my dedication can go.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

No stances, no "body work" to generate ging, no "sink-swallow-float-spit", no shaping of the hands for different strikes......

- jo

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    lol he wasn't holding back, he was getting his a$s handed to him

yes i have sparred girls, yes you go softer with some and harder with others, but you dont look that cr^p

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    would people consider this a good example of SPM in action?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=TMP2...eature=related
    They BOTH did everything that one could possibly do wrong in a fight, even more so a " short hand fight".
    But they also did what we so far to often:
    They over extended their hands, they tried to work they "jing" at the end and NOT the beginning as I mentioned before, they kept their chins up and even moved their head back because they were reluctant to get hit, which ironically is why they got hit more often than not.
    The did not enter on the angle or even up the middle by "slapped" the moment they made contact with the each others "bridges", which didn't work because they were over extend to begin with.
    The lacked intent, and while the hands had some speed, they sacrificed power for the speed, HOPEFULLY because it was only a demo exhibition.

In short, they showed all that a short hand fighter should NOT do.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lol he wasn't holding back, he was getting his a$s handed to him

yes i have sparred girls, yes you go softer with some and harder with others, but you dont look that cr^p
    I agree 100%! Unless their better fighters than you. I've helped females get ready for fights before and I never looked like that. LOLOL