Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SPM sparring wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    This is an old clip, but this is the only clip I've ever seen where the Wing Chun guy actually uses anything resembling Wing Chun to spar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXg0F...eature=related

If anyone knows who the guy is, please feel free to say who he is and what his lineage is.
    Yep this is *STILL* the only clip I can recall that actually has one guy using a "Wing Chun framework."

Why hasn't he posted more videos? I wonder....
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    no, but I play one on TV...
    I am cerainly not a superior practitioner of SPM, in fact, I have only been doing it for a few years, so I consider myself still a neophyte, however, I have seen, and felt "the goods," as you say, so I feel I can comment with good authority.
    Your point about my point being pointless (are you following this?;-)is pointless.
    There does not need to be other videos to justify my comment.
    If you say Chocolate ice cream sucks, because you have only had a taste of Good Humor Chocolate Ice cream, and I tell you that there are other versions of chocolate that are far superior, just because YOU have not tasted them, does not negate my statement.
    What it DOES show is your ignorance on the subject, lack of experience, and lack of exposure. The fact that you are so outspoken makes you arrogant as well as ignorant and closed-minded.
    (sigh) why do I even bother...

So if you have seen and felt the goods...have your teacher put up a video of himself sparring with someone. I understand he might be old so put up a video of him sparring with you somewhat hard but in a friendly match. Show us what the goods ACTUALLY look like...or stfu about real qualified teachers out there. Seriously. Show us quality spm sparring against a resisting opponent. Your teacher should be able to deliver the goods since he is the real deal.

Unless he is too deadly to spar...or "he does not have anything to prove."

You have a chance to prove that Elvis is still alive. Are you going to step up to the plate or are you insecure that you have not seen the goods?
    Last edited by MysteriousPower; 09-23-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    Yep this is *STILL* the only clip I can recall that actually has one guy using a "Wing Chun framework."

Yeah, this clip is much better then the one I posted, its been a minute since I've seen it. Nice find Faruq!

Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    This is an old clip, but this is the only clip I've ever seen where the Wing Chun guy actually uses anything resembling Wing Chun to spar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXg0F...eature=related

If anyone knows who the guy is, please feel free to say who he is and what his lineage is.
    it LOOKS like Emin Boztepe's stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardinkahnikov View Post
    it LOOKS like Emin Boztepe's stuff.
    Funny, to me it looks like Steve Lee Swift's, lol. But either way, why is this guy in this video the only one on the whole internet who can use a Wing Chun framework and make it work for himself? And he's a gwai lo for crissakes! lol.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

he is using it correctly.

also, brown shirt was telegraphing. a lot. so wing chun could read him easy.

brown shirt also was fail at going for reasonable kicks and seemed to pull them.
    brown shirt had no punching or entering ability.

wing chun went easy, but didn't pull anything.

that's what i saw anyway.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well, I won't belabor this point anymore after this, but if what you're saying is correct Jamieson I've still got to think that at least 50% of the Wing Chun sparring clips out there have the Wing Chun guy taking on a less skilled opponent. So why is this the only clip on the net of a Wing Chun guy using textbook Wing Chun and having the Wing Chun framework work for him if even against an easy opponent? Even if only 20% of the clips are against easy opponents, this is the only clip I've ever come across like this. I'm completely baffled. Maybe it's just me...
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Because he can only do that against an opponent who is very, very inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Yeah, this clip is much better then the one I posted, its been a minute since I've seen it. Nice find Faruq!

Bless
    The one you posted is what WC will look like against a more skilled opponent.

BTW, that chick rocked... at least in the realm of a slapfight.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Because he can only do that against an opponent who is very, very inexperienced.
    Although I actually agree with you, this is still a conjecture, not fact.

But inductively speaking yes, you are probably right.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Here is one with a Wing Tsun guy against a karate guy, in a full contact fight. This also is an old clip and it has been posted here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ3-H...eature=related

The horror of it all....
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The horror of it all....
    How the hell do you have so many posts.....

no lifer
    - Yagyū Munenori

How the hell do you have so many posts.....

no lifer
    I don't spell check !
    LMAO !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !