Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VT antigrappling

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    So how do you know your eye gouging and groin attacks work? Truthfully and honestly. Do you practice it with the same rigour as your "regular" VT?
    Jesus Christ!!!! its simple.....your eyes, groin or throat are within reach i stab whatever I can into them. Thats if my first attack is not successful or if i have been taken to floor.....if that is not possible then I have just lost

Trouble with you guys is that you need it to be in your hong kong book of kong fu otherwise it dont work........this idea is everywhere in WSLVT......do what it takes in order to survive!!!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    At the end of the day if one were to get in a fight with a grappler or a big thug that can wrestle then maybe its your day to lose.
    Or you could .....gasp...... cross train.

Jesus Christ!!!! its simple.....your eyes, groin or throat are within reach i stab whatever I can into them. Thats if my first attack is not successful or if i have been taken to floor.....if that is not possible then I have just lost

Trouble with you guys is that you need it to be in your hong kong book of kong fu otherwise it dont work........this idea is everywhere in WSLVT......do what it takes in order to survive!!!

GH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA06Z...eature=related

its simple.....your eyes, groin or throat are within reach i stab whatever I can into them. Thats if my first attack is not successful or if i have been taken to floor.....if that is not possible then I have just lost
    No, you still haven't answered the question.

1) How do you know it works? Have you done it for yourself?
    2) How do you train it?

If I asked you how you train your "knockout" power in stand up and how you deliver it to a resisting opponent you would not be so "meh-whatever".

Your assumptions fail at the 1st sentence - that those targets are within reach. What if they are not? What is your plan? In stand up you have the practice from Chum Kiu to chase your opponents down. Why do you not have an equivalent in other arenas? Maybe you have but choose not to post it.

Bil Jee is what to do when VT stuffs up???? Bil Jee is VT. Its part of the whole. Getting back to what you want???? You mean regaining control of the center??? This idea is everywhere in VT. Not just BJ. BJ teaches us to think logically and reduce the risk of serious injury. It teaches us about situations where our normal direct attacking way has been comprimised and ultimately if the s**t hits the fan to try and escape.

Over analysing the ins and outs of a street fight is pointless. There are too many possibilites to consider. We train to make VT in our blood so we behave according to simple concepts. In this way we can react quickly without much thought.

At the end of the day if one were to get in a fight with a grappler or a big thug that can wrestle then maybe its your day to lose.

VT teaches us how to survive and take advantage of chances. If we are taken to the ground then we already have a problem. Looking to fight out way out by using MMA is stupid. We must gouge the eyes, attack the groin and use anything at hand to render the other guy unable to continue.

GH

Another sucker sold a bill of goods by a clueless instructor.

This is how Paul Vunak trains it

eating raw meat
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post

eating raw meat
    Oh my Lord!

If you have the skills to mount your opponent and maintain it (which only comes from loads of rolling with good people), why in the world would you want to bite your opponent -- and risk being bitten in return? Why not actually use the advantage the mount gives you?

GH
    no they are not, actually go and play with a grappler see how often his eyes throat or groin are within reach, the answer might surprise you

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    again can I not expreesssssss..... grappler has control. CONTROL AGAIN CONTROL......................DAM...

grappling = name of the game CONTROL

do you realize that there are positions that it's almost impossible to grab at the junk or gouge eyes from???
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post

eating raw meat
    Checked out that one and the choke defence one. He actually teaches them pretty well with basic ground concept understanding. Biting/gouging is as I've heard described as the jab/cross of street self defence. So I see the relevance from the self defense perspective.

For this particular one - I don't like his arm around the head from mount to set up the bite. It takes a higher level of skill to maintain that position and not get rolled. Plus - somebody fighting is not going to just let you get your arm around their neck like that without fighting it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Checked out that one and the choke defence one. He actually teaches them pretty well with basic ground concept understanding. Biting/gouging is as I've heard described as the jab/cross of street self defence. So I see the relevance from the self defense perspective.

For this particular one - I don't like his arm around the head from mount to set up the bite. It takes a higher level of skill to maintain that position and not get rolled. Plus - somebody fighting is not going to just let you get your arm around their neck like that without fighting it off.
    Ummm... you don't see the basic problem with what he is showing there?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    I agree, 100%

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Ummm... you don't see the basic problem with what he is showing there?
    Well, I have no idea from mount why you would want to go to low mount, grapevine, and wrap someone up to bite them when basically you are forfeiting the main advantages of that position which are leverage and gravity. Why not get to high mount and beat the crap out of someone as opposed to placing yourself down close where they could bite too, or sweep you.

I mean, with Vunak there are a few other basic problems, but that's the most glaring that comes to mind.

Did you watch his biting as a defense to the RNC? That seemed a little more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Did you watch his biting as a defense to the RNC? That seemed a little more realistic.
    No, that's training to fail. Those sorts of things only waste time, distract you from what you should really be doing (working for a high percentage escape), and give you a completely wrong focus.