Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: new instructional dvd

I didnt see much of a difference with dales, daminans, newberry's or teetsao's the truth of the mater is none of them are using spaces or lifting the slab or any thing like that so all to me are quality breaks..

please note you get get poorly mixed block from any concrete manufacturer.

If the mix is too sandy or too much silica they reject them and sell them as defective, but you would never know this, unless you bought the block yourself....disclainer not saying these guys are doing that , just wanted to point that out.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I like to use granite chip blocks that you can get up here in New England.

They seem to be harder than just plain concrete blocks.

All the real people can break and can demo it and have no problem with showing people video of the breaks or actually breaking in front of people.

People that talk about it, and never show video of themselves breaking have something to hide.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by gareththomasnz View Post
    I am interested to see videos of anybody breaking more than 4 blocks without spacers.

If anybody has the links. Also compared to the breaks at the world breaking association much of this stuff is tame. No offense to anybody.

But those guys are power breaking. Surely what many of us are calling advanced is still just beginners level stuff. EG: is breaking a single or double block after a year of training advanced ?

I guess if you are on the receiving end it will feel like it.

Teetsao how much to get your video in New Zealand ?

I have given Dale a peep at my book and also Rick Faraci. Will make it available shortly. They seemed to find some value in it.

But my book is more useful to beginners I feel.

Also I am not religious so if you diss my book I will swear at you
    You can search on youtube.
    The chinese guy does some good stuff, as does Sifu Miller.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    anyone have any clips of someone with a slighter frame doing these breaks? Most of you guys are pretty large framed, big boned, meaty guys, with hands like hams and wrists thicker than my legs. What about a guy with lighter bone structure?
    Any women doing this?
    -and by women, I don't mean Kossak olympic weightlifters...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Dale in a kilt does NOT count, so don't even start!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Here you go:
    After the mutant hand guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulXzfJq3Dd0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy7IkL44Yrc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYV26bb5A7Y

Steven Hamp had a video of a 13 year old girl doing a break too, but I don't think it is online anymore.

Hey, found it:
    http://www.noweightsworkout.com/exer...g/Haley_bb.wmv
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 09-29-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i only weigh 175lb, and only 5 foot 7.
    i am kinda slight built guy.
    gareth; as far as i know 4 unspaced 2x8x16s is the most i have ever seen,and only twice and i would imagine 5 is the limit. the human body has limits. the world breaking associtation uses spacers and big ones at that. i have never tried it, but my friends and i have decided to try some spaced breaking to see what it is like. i feel it will be a waste of time and money but we will never know til we try. i have seen some of the demos where they break in to the teens' of numbers of bricks in a stack. i feel it is a trick,or i guess more like physics and all you need is practice to do it because of the spacers.
    unspaced is the only way to break and 2x8x16s is the material to use unless you are using red building bricks or coconuts or doing 3" bloocks or 4" blocks. this is why no one has been seen to do more than 3 or 4 on youtube,because it is legitamate and not easy. advanced is shortening your srtike till all you do is lay your hand on the block,vibrate and it breaks. also doing unsupported breaks and flat,i mean really flat on the ground breaks. this is also the begining of advanced training.
    steve hamp is breaking 2x4x16 "splits" you can lean your weight on one and it will break. when you cut them in half they are very easy to break. we started witht these,but as you can see"a 12 year old girl can do them".

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    anyone have any clips of someone with a slighter frame doing these breaks?
    Check out the videos I have posted--Im only 5 ft 9 and only weigh 150 lbs...

can anyone here throw a needle thru glass??? i like that one...

no, but that is freakin awsome. those monks have serious skills. unfourtunately i will be 40 next year,so i will only be able to go so far in my training, but hey,so far so good. my teacher is very good and still has alot to share with me yet. so who knows how far i can go.

ice brekers use spacers,
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Salty water frozen into large blocks = very easily broken material.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by teetsao View Post
    i only weigh 175lb, and only 5 foot 7.
    i am kinda slight built guy.
    gareth; as far as i know 4 unspaced 2x8x16s is the most i have ever seen,and only twice and i would imagine 5 is the limit. the human body has limits. the world breaking associtation uses spacers and big ones at that. i have never tried it, but my friends and i have decided to try some spaced breaking to see what it is like. i feel it will be a waste of time and money but we will never know til we try. i have seen some of the demos where they break in to the teens' of numbers of bricks in a stack. i feel it is a trick,or i guess more like physics and all you need is practice to do it because of the spacers.
    unspaced is the only way to break and 2x8x16s is the material to use unless you are using red building bricks or coconuts or doing 3" bloocks or 4" blocks. this is why no one has been seen to do more than 3 or 4 on youtube,because it is legitamate and not easy. advanced is shortening your srtike till all you do is lay your hand on the block,vibrate and it breaks. also doing unsupported breaks and flat,i mean really flat on the ground breaks. this is also the begining of advanced training.
    steve hamp is breaking 2x4x16 "splits" you can lean your weight on one and it will break. when you cut them in half they are very easy to break. we started witht these,but as you can see"a 12 year old girl can do them".

It's good to see some vids out there. It's nice to see that someone is at least trying. I'm no herbalist, but if these formulas work well, then that's very generous of you to put your time into compiling the collection.

A few friendly critiques, if I may:

I noticed that everyone likes to break their blocks with a towel or phonebook for padding. Go ahead and try those same breaks with just your hand and the blocks.

I will occasionally wrap my thumb knuckle with a piece of tape or a bandaid, as I have the bad habit of sticking my thumb out (hsing i style) and cutting it on the broken concrete edge.

As you progress over time, try breaking four or five blocks.

The 'splits' as you call them break the same as 2x8x16's.

Spacers are for fooling the uneducated crowd. Don't waste the blocks.

Placing your hand on a block and breaking it with a vibration? hmmm... I'd have to see that one in person.

Good luck in your training.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

ironweisal; the 2x4x16s do not break the same, they are much,much weaker, the space is reduced so the break point is kess, try it. 2x4x16s' are very simple. try 1, you can place yoour body weigt oon it and lean on it and it will break. we have done it.
    beleive me we want to break 4 or 5 but i aint' easy ,try it.
    unspaced breaking is the true test try it for yourself. please video and post your results.'we want to get together with a bunch of other iron palmists and compare breaking. we are thinking about doing this next oct., 2011. we want to get totgether wih all our bro. and compare,share and film.
    let me know if you would be interested in this.

Just purchased the DVD. I'm looking forward to receiving it!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!