Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xing Yi vs. Streetfighter

After I got punched in the face enough times in Muay Thai I stopped looking away and flinching because I stopped getting scared of being hit in the face. Once I started seeing all the punches I got hit a lot less, drastically.

Just an example.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Have different opinion on this. The worst habit is to spar too late or not spar at all. We will have the rest of our life time to train our power generation. We don't have the rest of our life time to test our combat skill. The day that we get a full time job, have kids, and have a house payment, our window of sparring is gone. Some skills don't have age limition (such as power generation), some skills do have age limitation (such as sparring). One should start his sparring as early as possible, and worry about his power generation later on. After all, how much power is enough any way?

When you try to build up a neuclear missle system, will you develop the guiding system that can land your missle right at the target first? Or will you develop the neuclear explosive power first? IMO, if you have a neuclear weapon and cannot be delivered, it will be a totally wasted effort. If you don't have neuclear weapon but you have a good deliver system, at least you can knock a hole on the ground with your missle system.

Some ability can be developed when we are 80 years old. Some ability can only be developed when we were still young. Unfortunately most of the CMA training has ignored this important issue and start their sparring training too late.
    not saying you should take 5 years to learn to spar..im saying you have to learn the movement before you try and use it effectively in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    not saying you should take 5 years to learn to spar..im saying you have to learn the movement before you try and use it effectively in combat.
    10-20 minutes of pad/bag drills is enough preparation. More than that and something is wrong. This isn't rocket surgery. Any further flaws in the students delivery would be best exposed by sparring.

Learning to use it effectively in combat requires sparring.

One great Muay Thai trainer once told me to fight before i had too much experience, if i lose then i need to get more experience usuallly and it's not a big deal, if I win then it is a great victory.

imagine if training for 2 years before you fight and lose to someone with 3 months of training..... that is psychologically damaging.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    One great Muay Thai trainer once told me to fight before i had too much experience, if i lose then i need to get more experience usuallly and it's not a big deal, if I win then it is a great victory.

imagine if training for 2 years before you fight and lose to someone with 3 months of training..... that is psychologically damaging.
    yeah you gotta try you sh!t out as soon as possible... you wanna learn to fight? you have to fight... bottom line...

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Some ability can be developed when we are 80 years old. Some ability can only be developed when we were still young. Unfortunately most of the CMA training has ignored this important issue and start their sparring training too late.
    New sig

HAS happened before, more times than people like to admit
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

This clip is ghey

We should end every thread with this statement. Pretty much sums up the difference between traditional and sport arts.