Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Angry Rich

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    And let's take a look at those jobs Carter created:

Percentage of jobs created paying under $7k/yr: Carter 41.77
    Percentage of jobs created paying over $28k/yr Carter -9.9

Source (US Dept of Labor figures):
    http://web2.uconn.edu/cunningham/eco...#263,8,Results (4)
    Could you please point to where your data came from in the PowerPoint slide show to which you linked?
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Could you please point to where your data came from in the PowerPoint slide show to which you linked?
    My bad.

Here is another link: http://palrepublican.tripod.com/id21.html

That article uses Bureau of Labor Statistics found here:
    http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?bls

No, his whole point was to highlight the 46 month stretch where 8 million jobs were created, in order to attempt to undermine the fact that the Bush Administration had a horrible record on job creation. "...facts are facts"
    And the fact is Bush created jobs. And Obama has not.

As my chart clearly demonstrated, the Obama Administration was/is dealing with the fallout from the Great Recession. It even took Paul Volker time to get inflation under control and for the job gains of the Reagan Administration to begin. Is there job creation going on? Yes. Is it enough? No.
    We were told the 'Stimulus' would keep unemployment under 8% and that there were millions of "shovel ready" jobs ready to go once it passed. We were also told (by Joe Biden) that this past summer was going to be "The Summer of Recovery", yet unemployment remained the same throughout and even after the summer.

And how can you say there is job creation going on when the unemployment rate is much higher now than when Obama took office?

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    And the fact is Bush created jobs. And Obama has not.

We were told the 'Stimulus' would keep unemployment under 8% and that there were millions of "shovel ready" jobs ready to go once it passed. We were also told (by Joe Biden) that this past summer was going to be "The Summer of Recovery", yet unemployment remained the same throughout and even after the summer.

And how can you say there is job creation going on when the unemployment rate is much higher now than when Obama took office?
    I never said the Bush Administration didn't create jobs. I just said they did a terrible job...especially as compared to his contemporaries.

Regarding the stimulus:

This is also quite interesting:

http://www.sonecon.com/blog/?p=451

Of course, there’s also lots of finger-pointing about the economy, including the audacious claim that the fault for the high unemployment lies in the Administration’s economic policies, especially the stimulus.

Since that claim has some popular traction, and even support from a handful of muddled conservative economists, let’s test it with the hard data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

From December 2007 to July 2009 – the last year of the Bush second term and the first six months of the Obama presidency, before his policies could affect the economy – private sector employment crashed from 115,574,000 jobs to 107,778,000 jobs. Employment continued to fall, however, for the next six months, reaching a low of 107,107,000 jobs in December of 2009. So, out of 8,467,000 private sector jobs lost in this dismal cycle, 7,796,000 of those jobs or 92 percent were lost on the Republicans’ watch or under the sway of their policies. Some 671,000 additional jobs were lost as the stimulus and other moves by the administration kicked in, but 630,000 jobs then came back in the following six months. The tally, to date: Mr. Obama can be held accountable for the net loss of 41,000 jobs (671,000 – 630,000), while the Republicans should be held responsible for the net losses of 7,796,000 jobs.
    Were the benefits of the stimulus overstated? Yes. That doesn't mean it hasn't staunched some of the bleeding from 8 years of irresponsible Republican policies.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

I'll be the first to admit Bush was not my favorite President. But I still say he got a raw deal. The sub-prime bubble blew up in his face, and he had ZERO to do with it. Heck, in 2004 he and the GOP actually tried to fix the mess but were stopped by Democrats led primarily Barney Frank. And it was Frank, not GW Bush, who famously stated that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were doing just fine only a short time before the housing bubble imploded.

Were the benefits of the stimulus overstated? Yes. That doesn't mean it hasn't staunched some of the bleeding from 8 years of irresponsible Republican policies.
    Oh, come on now. You can't really believe that.

We were told there were millions of "shovel ready" jobs. Care to point us in the direction of those jobs? Even FDR's New Deal policies made unemployment go down while he was blowing through the money. Obama blew through more money than FDR ever even dreamed of spending, yet unemployment actually went up!

Speaking of results being overstated, don't make me bring up Obamacare. Anyone watching the news last week can see the ticking time bomb that disaster is gonna drop on our economy.