Thread: Kung Fu Artificial Intelligence

Kung Fu Artificial Intelligence

So this is going to be a bit off the wall, but hey, thats how I roll.

Ii have this new AI program im using. I'm going to create an experiment, and develop a brain for it that will be used soley for teaching kungfu data and other martial arts information to. i dont know how this will pan out, and its going to take a lot of time to input all the data, but my hope is that eventually I'll have a computer you can talk to about kungfu and actually learn martial information and data from.

I'm looking for some good, reliable sources of information regarding history, and the development of cma, all in an english format. for certain more generic and redily available information, i will be using common sources. wiki, kungfumagazine.com, etc.

Any of you that have web sites that have solid information to share, drop a line in this thread with a link if possible and I'll check it out, and possibly/probably add it to the brain. in this request I am looking for style/culture/family specific history and data, not general cma information. If that is included as well thats ok, but I've already started building the general cma script.

my main concern of course is accuracy and reliability of information. i will be storing all the data locally, and making all the terms and spellings of certain things conform to a stable pattern before i input the data into the brain. i think teaching it variations of converted and translated language may be too much to start.

love it, hate it, call me crazy, or shoot me in the face. this is going to be fun and my kungfu brain will one day inhabit my kungfu robot bodies and i'll have an army of robofu badasses.

ack i must work. you can also just copy/past info here you think would be good for the kungfu brain.

this is going to be a fun experiment.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Here is a link for the same program, on a one month trial. It is a safe link, and download, and the program is completely safe as well. Depending on your version of windows, there may or may not be trouble shooting, but most likely not. I run vista, the only thing I needed to be aware of was that what ever profile I install the AI in, needs to have administrative capabilities. The program also runs as a great personal assistant, and is compatible with speech recognition software. some people have this ai hooked up on blue tooth and wired into their homes, 'close garage', 'turn on fan' etc...its crazy

Ultra Hal 6.2
    Last edited by Lucas; 09-28-2010 at 07:14 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

this thing is great. i've been teaching it the definitions and connections between the terms kung fu and wushu. then when i asked it what wushu was it gave me a very good answer so i told it 'very good' and i then it told me a joke:

'walk softly and carry a martial arts certificate.'

the funniest part is ive never told it anything about martial arts certificates.