Thread: a gift to my kung fu brothers

a gift to my kung fu brothers

......nnnnmnnj
    Last edited by teetsao; 03-13-2014 at 02:20 PM.

sweet... you the man!!! thanx...

This Black Hand formula is a good formula and has a very nice aroma--the Jing Jie really comes through if added properly. For those who know what theyre looking at, you may recoginze it as being nearly identical to another formula under a different name, but with modifications in herbs and measurements. Its actually a mesh of 2 separate formulas though.

Ive been filling it for several people for quite a while, including Rod and the ILS. The measurements for this particular one are mine (other than the last 4 herbs) so I can attest to the accuracy, although I dont usually fill it with the last 4 ingredients--they were added later but some people I fill it for prefer to have those things in so when requested I include the last 4 and remove She tui.

Anyway, bottom line is I have become very well acquainted with the nuances of its design and use over the years and would recommend it to anyone who is intersted in trying it...
    Last edited by PlumDragon; 09-23-2010 at 11:55 AM.

this is a very large formula and will cover all bases. it coats the hands very well as it is resinous,it will draw qi to the hands as it contains many qi drawing herbs,and it is a good healer.
    i have been using it exclusivley for the past 6 weeks and i can say the longer you use it,the better it seems to work.it is the favorite formula of my teacher and he has tried most that i have.i hope that some of you on here will get this filled and give it a good try and let us know what you think of it and your experiences. one thing i would like to add is, there is an herb i add to most of my formulas now as i will be 40 next year and i want to look out for my joint health "e bu shi cau" this is a very good joint supplement herb to add to your formulas to better protect your joints as you age.

Sigh...you open with all that talk of steak and pork and not one good bbg recipe in there. for shame....

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    could you post it in Hanzi?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

My 2cents:
    I use Vodka, I can get vodka up here at a reasonable price.
    I used to use seagrams but whiskey turns my hands orange, LOL !
    Questions:
    Why the "double dipping" of the alcohool?
    Why not put 2 gallons right from the start?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

sanjuro ronin;i feel it draws more of the properties out faster. the heat will start the process imediately,but since you are not cooking it,it doesnt harm any of the fauna or essential oils that might be in some of the herbs. by doing this twice you realy pull out the constituants of the herbs into solution faster and your jow will be ready in 100 days and be very,very strong in a short amount of time.
    i use the moon phases if possible,28 days and start on the new moon if i can,esoteric i know,and maybe a little weird,but it works.
    yes i beleive vodka is the better choice for the most part as it is readily available and is roughly 50% water and 50% alcohol. i have been using rum lately on some formulas as it is more viscous and and makes te formula more sticky,as i like a formula that coats the hands. also the gold rum is less filtered so it contains more of the natural sugars and is an experiment of mine to see if it helps in the breakdown process.

Teetsao,
    Very generous of you! Thank you!!!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    some people use gin, as the juniper berries are soothing to the skin.
    My herbalist always used Johnny Walker Black-can't imagine why anyone would spend that kind of money on something that is being applied topically. And why scotch of all things?
    the time:1800's
    the place: Shaolin Temple, China
    "Kwai Chang, we are running out of jow. Get on yuor horse and ride to Scotland..."

I used to use gin as well, but now I use Sam Jing Jow (tripple distilled liquor)
    it's inexpensive, has the right percentages, and is what most herbalist use.
    It also tastes great with asian pears!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.