Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Fook Sau

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Phil

Can you please post the clips again with the other guys actually trying to hit you.

Its easy to do things like that when the other guy is allowing you to.

GH
    Do you mean the chi sao part or the pre-contact part? In the pre-contact I was simply demonstrating moves from the dummy.
    Would I do it that way if someone was really trying to hit me? Who knows. It would depend on many X-factors.
    I do know the difference between a demo where everything works perfect and dealing with a resisting opponent. Remember, I did do full contact. That was a demo.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

. . . . I used to do things like that in the Ip Chun lineage. I left thankfully when somebody from the WSL lineage kicked my sorry @ss.
    GH
    This statement is what's wrong with many WC people. There are bad dudes in all lineages. There are people not so good in all lineages. I know some great fighters in many lineages.
    It's the man fighting. Not the lineage.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

we actually try to hit each other. Then you realize what works and what doesn't.

I used to do things like that in the Ip Chun lineage. I left thankfully when somebody from the WSL lineage kicked my sorry @ss.

GH
    Im from the Ip Chun lineage, the school I go to does throw realisitc punches at one and another.

Maybe you went to a poor school.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    This statement is what's wrong with many WC people. There are bad dudes in all lineages. There are people not so good in all lineages. I know some great fighters in many lineages.
    It's the man fighting. Not the lineage.
    Phil

I agree.

S.O

Yes I did go to a poor school.

GH

Phil

I agree.

S.O

Yes I did go to a poor school.

GH
    Then shouldnt speak about the Ip Chun linege in a bad way when you admit your last school was poor.

madness

Quote Originally Posted by Saboi Osmosis View Post
    Then shouldnt speak about the Ip Chun linege in a bad way when you admit your last school was poor.

madness
    SO

It was poor because it was Ip Chun lineage. I'll refer back to Phils statement that all lineages have people that can fight but as far as Ip Chun system goes..........................................bleu rgh!!!!!

I tried 4 different schools so you can't say I didn't persevere with it. Just giving an honest opinion. I'm entitled to that.

I also met Ip Chun twice. Once in UK and once in HK. I got very annoyed as he requested to be addressed as The Master.........Master of what???? So I asked him about Ip Man instead.

In fact I remember one school in HK where a very respected Teacher on this forum put a video of Ip Chun on performing Bil Jee and I sat there and watched him and all his students laugh at it like it was some sort of comedy dance.

The weird and wonderful world of WCK as always.

GH

SO

It was poor because it was Ip Chun lineage. I'll refer back to Phils statement that all lineages have people that can fight but as far as Ip Chun system goes..........................................bleu rgh!!!!!

I tried 4 different schools so you can't say I didn't persevere with it. Just giving an honest opinion. I'm entitled to that.

I also met Ip Chun twice. Once in UK and once in HK. I got very annoyed as he requested to be addressed as The Master.........Master of what???? So I asked him about Ip Man instead.

In fact I remember one school in HK where a very respected Teacher on this forum put a video of Ip Chun on performing Bil Jee and I sat there and watched him and all his students laugh at it like it was some sort of comedy dance.

The weird and wonderful world of WCK as always.

GH
    maybe your school didnt have a great relationship with him???
    each to his own and all and I suppose your allowed your opinion, but you wouldnt catch me turning my nose up at what other people do.

Ive met him a few times and everytime he has been a gent.

could you post this video of him doing BJ please or pm to me