Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St.louis Kung Fu Stan does Yip Man SLT

BTW, Stan, the YM SNT -- no matter how poorly it is performed (and your form is performed really poorly) -- has certain signature elements, things like starting with the left hand or left side - left punch, there is a huen sao after each punch, there is none of that "stuff" (whatever you are doing) after the punch and before the sam bai fut section, again that section ends with a huen sao (not what you are doing which is a poor excuse for a lop sao), the whole first part of the SNT is done slowly, none of the actions are to move outside of your body line (see 36 seconds in and how your arm has crossed your body, your elbow is up, and your arm is outside your body line by about a foot for an example of what I am talking about), the stamping palm section (gum sao) is done with a single arm on the sides and with double palms on the front and rear, the fak sao is done to the side not overhead, you've left out the lan sao that follows, etc. -- I could go on and on, but the point is clear: this is not the choreography that Yip Man used in his SNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    LOL... you should give lessons on how to do "belly-dancing Si Lum Tao."

And you can give lesssons on how to drukenly stumble around in a park judging by your video. Hey you can both team up and offfer a two for one deal! do it!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Where is your video I dont want to talk to you. I just want to see what you do one with your Siu Lim Tao the other with your full contact fighting. Like I said before you talk big Cheerleader. Let every one see what you do. I am not going to responde back anymore. You know where I am at post your video on you tube. Jacks of all trades masters of none.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    And you can give lesssons on how to drukenly stumble around in a park judging by your video. Hey you can both team up and offfer a two for one deal! do it!
    First get that makeup off your face a real man dont need makeup I am hard core I can never be soft. You think you are good looking but you look like ***. Post a video of your Skils and then we will talk. You put a 1983 picture of yourself on line, you look like Little Richard not a fighter. Nothing related to Martials arts but you are a great fighter Ha! Like I said before where is your video with your forms and Fighting you dont have one AND you are no fighter.

wow, youre wound up pretty tight, huh... relax... you dont have to fight everyone that disses you...

i dont think that pic is of himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    wow, youre wound up pretty tight, huh... relax... you dont have to fight everyone that disses you...

LOLOLOLOL..... I love this place!

Quote Originally Posted by stan4900 View Post
    First get that makeup off your face a real man dont need makeup I am hard core I can never be soft. You think you are good looking but you look like ***. Post a video of your Skils and then we will talk. You put a 1983 picture of yourself on line, you look like Little Richard not a fighter. Nothing related to Martials arts but you are a great fighter Ha! Like I said before where is your video with your forms and Fighting you dont have one AND you are no fighter.
    why the hell did you quote me with this response? i wasnt talking to you dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post

or is it!

nah, youre a whiteboy...

Quote Originally Posted by stan4900 View Post
    First get that makeup off your face a real man dont need makeup I am hard core I can never be soft.
    I'm supposed to take this seriously after seeing some 50 yr old out of shape dude posting up videos of Form #1 in WCK? Hard core? You mean like hard core after the McDonald's drive thru, right?

Here's a clue. "Hard core" videos of fighters look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pVpTvyQCI

"When using Pak Sao, avoid the inner gate." - Moy Yat Kuen Kuit
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    "When using Pak Sao, avoid the inner gate." - Moy Yat Kuen Kuit
    funny thing is, one of our basic chi sao drills uses a pak to the inner gate... !

i know the reasoning behind it, however.
    When it does happen, it's fast and hard and over quick. Either I'm standing or he's standing. That's Real.
    nospam

You type because you have fingers. Not because you have logic.
    Phil Redmond

Quote Originally Posted by LSWCTN1 View Post
    funny thing is, one of our basic chi sao drills uses a pak to the inner gate... !

Can you tell me WHY (the reason behind it) pak avoids the inner gate?

Quote Originally Posted by LSWCTN1 View Post

Since the Kuen Kuit refers to your hands and not your opponent's, I suspect that one of your "basic chi sao drills" actually does not go counter to the adage. Regardless of whether you actually use an indoor PakSao as one of your "basic chi sao drills", I am skeptical of the reasoning. If you could, please describe your basic PakSao drill and the reasoning behind its "indoor" status from your point of view.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Since the Kuen Kuit refers to your hands and not your opponent's, I suspect that one of your "basic chi sao drills" actually does not go counter to the adage. Regardless of whether you actually use an indoor PakSao as one of your "basic chi sao drills", I am skeptical of the reasoning. If you could, please describe your basic PakSao drill and the reasoning behind its "indoor" status from your point of view.
    45 degree pak (its the only one we do...)
    the pak arm cuts above the opposing arm to pak the opposite (obvs!) taking that one off line for that ones opposing arm to strike... the pak forearm jams the opponents arm like lan would, but not lan energy...

only when the opponent makes the mistake on the opposite hand and comes too low...

the defense to it is mun? then the continuation would be to open with the thumb part of the retreating hand and indoor pak again

if that makes sense? if not i'll try to find a video somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Can you tell me WHY (the reason behind it) pak avoids the inner gate?
    if my understanding is correct, then pak doesnt come to you opponents inside gate becaue if one hand is defending then the other should be attacking... thus making your arms crossed
    When it does happen, it's fast and hard and over quick. Either I'm standing or he's standing. That's Real.
    nospam

You type because you have fingers. Not because you have logic.
    Phil Redmond