Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another gift for my kung fu bros.

Hello Teetsao,

I have no idea what was in it. I have no knowledge of herbology at all. It was very strong, it did not come in the usual 4 ounce bottles, it came in a very small bottle almost like a perfume or nail polish removal bottle. The style was Fu Jow Pai, it was GrandMaster Wai Hong's formula. The jow was amazing.

I saw your website on another post, I will order your book and DVD later in the week.

Thanks!!

Usually Jow is fermented in gallons, or larger the reason it was in such a small bottle was soley to make 100 or more percent profit.

Most jow recipes require about 15-30 dollars in herbs, people mix up a gallon and sell it for 20.00 for a few ounces to make a buck. I personally frown on this, but hey its america we sell water for the same price as soda pop and there no ingrediants LOL.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    Usually Jow is fermented in gallons, or larger the reason it was in such a small bottle was soley to make 100 or more percent profit.

Most jow recipes require about 15-30 dollars in herbs, people mix up a gallon and sell it for 20.00 for a few ounces to make a buck. I personally frown on this, but hey its america we sell water for the same price as soda pop and there no ingrediants LOL.
    I don't think so in this case. Looking at the way some IronHand practitioners apply their jow, soak your hands in it? If you soak you hands in it, it is not very strong. With this you would pour a very little of this stuff onto your hands and rub very fast, all over your hands, which was a workout in itself. In a minute you would get a deep powerful burn, not a little hot, but a very hot sensation enveloping your hands. Friction released INTENSE heat. You won't get that using half a bottle of most jow's on the market today. If you never tried it, you couldn't know.

dukenukem; i am not for sure if i knoow anyone from wai hong's schol,bit i do knows some fu jow practitioners as i am a big fan of tiger style and want to learn more of it. i will see what i can do for you. no promises but i will take it as good researchh project.

Quote Originally Posted by teetsao View Post
    dukenukem; i am not for sure if i knoow anyone from wai hong's schol,bit i do knows some fu jow practitioners as i am a big fan of tiger style and want to learn more of it. i will see what i can do for you. no promises but i will take it as good researchh project.
    Thanks again. Here is an excellent clip of Sifu Tak Wah Eng, a little glimpse into the system. I hope you enjoy this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XisSk_N--0U

Thanks again Teetsao!!

Teetsao,
    I think you are doing a wonderful job opening up this knowledge to everyone! Thank you for being a progressive force in TCMA!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

duke,

Looking at the way some IronHand practitioners apply their jow, soak your hands in it? If you soak you hands in it, it is not very strong.
    You DO NOT soak your hands in jow, this would containinate the mixture.

With this you would pour a very little of this stuff onto your hands and rub very fast, all over your hands, which was a workout in itself. In a minute you would get a deep powerful burn, not a little hot, but a very hot sensation enveloping your hands.
    all external bone jow is applied the same way/... rubbing it into your hands. Just because it was in a little bottle doesnt make it better. LOL

perfume is a great example of this, it is made in hundred gallon vats very cheaply but sold in 1.0 ounce bottles for a 300-500 % mark up.

You won't get that using half a bottle of most jow's on the market today. If you never tried it, you couldn't know.
    I am fortunate enough to have a very very strong old recipe handed down in our system, so i would never buy the commerical weak formulas that people sell to make a buck.
    they usually leave out cetain ingrediants and make a very watered down version for distubution to the gneral just like ANY other thing produced or made. No one gives up thier private stock!

a student ordered dit dat jow from an herb store online from Chinatown in NYC and it was called eagle claw brand. what a joke, it was little more than watered down bruise oinment and came in a plastic spray bottle and had a camfor base.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

earthdragon; unfortunately, you are correct on some of those statments. in the past there were alot of and maybe even still today there are some unscrupulous purveyors of jow,who water down or leave out ingredients or both.
    i am happy to say though that there is a new breed of tcma who are representing the community and who are honesr and integral. i am proud to be counted among those individuals. i can assure you ,the jow we sell at t.i.l.s., is NEVER,watered down and no ingredients are left out in what we sell to the public. you get the exact same jow that we use ourselves. i would be foolish to sell watered down jow,as i want more business.
    i can also say after having contact with josh walker ( i have actually been to his house) and dale dugas,(he has invited me but boston is a long way),i can honestly say they would never intentionally rip anyone off with watered down jow or purposly leave out any ingredients of jow to the public. the only people who would do this are not confident in their skills and are trying to hide something in order to keep themselves above others,in their mind. if you notice i make reference to these people occaisonally in my posts. they have made ludicrous statements,such as"we get our herbs from 3 sources so no one knows whats in our jow" and "we take powdered jow out of our conditioning bags and place it back into solution to make a good dit da jow type linament,because the formula we use is so powerful even the residue still has strong properties", LOL, what a ridiculous and a$$inine statment, and i think we all know where it came from.they are not the only ones as others followed suit,and also charged prices that were just as ridicuous,but because of "secrecy" it just perpertuated the problem. it is things like this that give tcma a bad rap. but luckily those people are now growing old and have been out of the public eye for quite some time now. as i said most of the new guard i have talked to and they all seem like wondeful people and i am proud to be part of them and will do my utmost to uphold the integrity that goes along with it and to better serve my kung fu bros.
    Last edited by teetsao; 09-26-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    duke,

You DO NOT soak your hands in jow, this would containinate the mixture.

all external bone jow is applied the same way/... rubbing it into your hands. Just because it was in a little bottle doesnt make it better. LOL

perfume is a great example of this, it is made in hundred gallon vats very cheaply but sold in 1.0 ounce bottles for a 300-500 % mark up.

I am fortunate enough to have a very very strong old recipe handed down in our system, so i would never buy the commerical weak formulas that people sell to make a buck.
    they usually leave out cetain ingrediants and make a very watered down version for distubution to the gneral just like ANY other thing produced or made. No one gives up thier private stock!

a student ordered dit dat jow from an herb store online from Chinatown in NYC and it was called eagle claw brand. what a joke, it was little more than watered down bruise oinment and came in a plastic spray bottle and had a camfor base.
    Earthdragon,

Check youtube, some IronHand practitioners do soak their hands in a bowlful of jow, they then rub it in after pulling their hands out of the bowl. My point is that a strong jow you don't need to soak your hands in a whole bowlful, that is a waste of good jow. Hence the small bottle size, as in use sparingly. This one you just use a little bit.

This jow was made by a very respected Kung Fu sifu, whose students have a very strong loyalty to him. He was doing something right. Just because you never used it does not mean it is no good. It was the best I ever used. Not being satisfied with the commercially available jow I tried is why I posted in the first place. Just because you never used it does not make it bad, and just because you have some old recipe does not make it good.

Isn't it stupid to start arguing over some dit da jow you never even used with someone who actually did use it? I'm not sure what's your point.

anyone get any of these filled or tried them yet??

Quote Originally Posted by teetsao View Post
    anyone get any of these filled or tried them yet??
    I filled the Ku Yu Cheong almost 3 mos ago. It's really good and it's pretty strong. In the past I paid $60 bucks for this herb pack. The formula cost me $15 to fill. It doesn't smell as sweet as some other jows. Is it because of the animal parts?

Quote Originally Posted by JB_ONE View Post
    It doesn't smell as sweet as some other jows. Is it because of the animal parts?
    Jow doesnt need to smell sweet, and lots of recipes dont. Just has to do with what herbs are in there and the processing methods...The Ku Yu Cheong recipe can be made to smell sweet (some people use the term "like maple syrup") when certain herbs in the formula are processed in a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumDragon View Post
    Jow doesnt need to smell sweet, and lots of recipes dont. Just has to do with what herbs are in there and the processing methods...The Ku Yu Cheong recipe can be made to smell sweet (some people use the term "like maple syrup") when certain herbs in the formula are processed in a certain way.
    Cool...Thanks.