Thread: Aother Iron Palm Vid

Aother Iron Palm Vid

A few weeks back Rod Morgan came to visit just prior to my relocation to Destin, FL where I now conduct PlumDragon on a full-time basis. We did several hours of training on various topics and of course, we also broke ALOT of concrete. Here is a short little vid of some of the breaks that we taped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jISZpvTTwLo

I think several of these breaks are of pretty rare stature in todays world of iron palm....Enjoy!

Very nice. The "zero" distance break is nice, have you tried a bottom block break with it?

Do you do any IP Qigong?
    Last edited by Xiao3 Meng4; 09-28-2010 at 06:27 AM.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Very inspiring vid!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Excellent breaks Josh and Rod!

You guys need to come visit me!!
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Beautiful breaks.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys! More videos to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Very nice. The "zero" distance break is nice, have you tried a bottom block break with it?
    I havent tried it, Rod may have...Ill add that one to the list for one of the upcoming vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Do you do any IP Qigong?
    I used to, and I teach it to my students who want to know it...but truth of the matter is, save for a couple specific caveats, I dont waste my time with it anymore. I do some of what might be considered "hard" qigong exercises, but the qigong routines used in many iron palm programs have nothing to do with building iron palm. Principle of specificity applies here: If you want to harden your hand for impact, you put it through progressively traumatic impact. If you want to develop more power, you work on the power generation exercises; if you want to use said power generation in combat, you have to apply it properly while under the stress of an opponent...

qigong is just for health, and mildly useful for novice students as a lesson in leading the energy...
    Last edited by PlumDragon; 10-01-2010 at 12:42 PM.