Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What MMA did to Kung FU

Never had anything more than regular "ringworm" and every time it was from someone going to train someplace else that was nasty dirty. In fact, in 2 years since we put in place "don't roll someplace else and then come here" we have had ZERO issues....

It is always the dirty stinky bastards anyway
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Maybe in the country wrestling is allowed, but if I see you take my dude to the ground and try to twist him or snap something of his, I'm gonig to bust you open with the first thing I find.
    So if I get in a fight with someone in the city I'm not allowed to grapple?

I didn't know there were rules.

Well hopefully it's not me vs. some dude with a bunch of friends... unless I have a bunch of friends there ready to bust you open as soon as you bust me open

lol @ ghetto logic. "ok dude we are FIGHTING. But NO GRAPPLING. Grappling isn't fair! If you try to grapple me then my friend is gonna come out of nowhere and bust your head open. That is fair, by the way! You are not allowed to take your advantages (grappling) but I am allowed to take my advantages (my friends if I start to lose)."
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Never had anything more than regular "ringworm" and every time it was from someone going to train someplace else that was nasty dirty. In fact, in 2 years since we put in place "don't roll someplace else and then come here" we have had ZERO issues....

I got it because I let a kid wear his highschool wrestling shoes in class.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Bleach sprayed Mats and a clean freak proprietor will be your friend as well.
    Cleaning the mats is a priority, but you can't control what people come in with on their skin.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    lol at the "ghetto this ghetto that"

I've met white trailer trash 3 times worse than most crap in the inner city. you speak as if "ghetto" is the only place they are ruthless... I've seen ruthless out away from the city... and the only reason you don't hear of it as much is because ITS AWAY FROM THE CITY and there is no one to find after. Lots of space. Lots of deep dark hollows and forest.

not getting into "mine is more bad a$$" because there is both in places you wouldn't think. Don't dimiss "country" bumpkins, just as many mean motherFers, out away as there are in the cities.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

caught it once grappling with some dude in class, guy was young and went to other schools to grapple as well. Had to get some lamiscil pills for it and some cream.

Up until that point i hadn't wore a rash guard all the time... after that I wear one every time I roll.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ok, not to hijack (well, just a wee tad...) I just bought Zebra mats-the woodgrain-very cool indeed. They sell a cleaner but it's $35.00 and the shipping is over 10.00-so I am looking for a good cleaner that is going to be a total antibacterial/antimicrobial guaranteed to eliminate staph, mrsa,etc.
    so, besides bleach, what do you guys use?
    oh, and the ghey jits guys can also chime in-I know it's hard to clean all that DNA up off the mats.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    caught it once grappling with some dude in class, guy was young and went to other schools to grapple as well. Had to get some lamiscil pills for it and some cream.

Up until that point i hadn't wore a rash guard all the time... after that I wear one every time I roll.
    you should wear saran wrap....
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

leather face eats kids from the ghetto.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    ok, not to hijack (well, just a wee tad...) I just bought Zebra mats-the woodgrain-very cool indeed. They sell a cleaner but it's $35.00 and the shipping is over 10.00-so I am looking for a good cleaner that is going to be a total antibacterial/antimicrobial guaranteed to eliminate staph, mrsa,etc.
    so, besides bleach, what do you guys use?
    oh, and the ghey jits guys can also chime in-I know it's hard to clean all that DNA up off the mats.
    Ammonia or Bleach

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Bro,

I really don't listen to rap, dont rock fronts and stopped talking about money and *****es a long time ago.

You can develope your farmboy strength all you like, but what is it going to do for you when you come to the hood and find a 9 in your face and now your getting Jooksed. You can carry all the rifles you like, its the ones you dont see comng that will do it to ya.

Belt riding your kneecaps aint our thing. That is something recent. We gave fair ones and we can fight. Maybe in the country wrestling is allowed, but if I see you take my dude to the ground and try to twist him or snap something of his, I'm gonig to bust you open with the first thing I find. Its survival to us and its real. It's not a joke to see who can fight the best or what style is the best. Fnck who can fight the best, I'm about surviving.

To underestimate anybody is a foolish mistake, so don't underestimate us city dudes, because we have been given lemons since day one, but we try to make the best lemonaid we possibly can with it.

I

ok A: it was mostly a joke

B: i wasnt actually talking about you.

C: tough people come from all over... to believe that inner city kids are tougher than country kids is the mark of a moron...

but, you will rarely find anyone who works as hard and starts working as young as a farmboy... this work ethic usually transfers over to sports and allows them to do pretty well...

for the record, i grew up in the city...
    Last edited by Syn7; 09-30-2010 at 10:39 AM.

yeah, thats a bit much MK.... at first i ooked and im thinking, "why did he post this?" then i saw why... i'd rather i hadnt...

nasty sh!t, man...

haha MK hahah

bleach and soap and water.... good enough for wrestling programs across the country, that and get on your lazy and dirty students to clean up their act (literally)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    ok A: it was mostly a joke

B: i wasnt actually talking about you.

C: tough people come from all over... to believe that inner city kids are tougher than country kids is the mark of a moron...

but, you will rarely find anyone who works as hard and starts working as young as a farmboy... this work ethic usually transfers over to sports and allows them to do pretty well...

for the record, i grew up in the city...

Ok, cool it was mostly a joke. We're cool either way. I was just giving my persective on points you brought up. I wasn't meaning what I said to you directly. May bad, if it came across that way.

The reason why I said, "To under estimate anyone is foolish".

You may have grown up in the city, but it doesn't mean we've experienced the same things... With all due respect of course!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

what he said, clean your schools and make sure the students stay clean and use clean kit and its not a problem