Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What MMA did to Kung FU

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    I like that you came out of the closet and admitted to banging your si hing.
    are you gay?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    What does training to the standards of competitive fighting have to do with it anyway? Your assertion was that sport training offers nothing to competitive sport fighters once they quit competing. Lots of competitors continue to train after they quit competing.
    you gonna back pedal now?

you know exactly what I am saying. You want to deal in extremes all the time, so there you have it.

so what do they train? anything that you would find outside of any regular gym? is that really something special for you? Because that's cool if it is, but for me, I want something different, not so bland, so slow, so boring as just working out. it's boring repeating the alphabet over and pver again. Dead end. Nowhere to grow.

Kung Fu on the other hand rolls on into a whole new experience right up to yoru last breath should you choose to practice. never boring, more that is designed for you to use throughout your life.

you talk like every guy out there is a helio gracie. I'm telling you dudes like Helio are Outliers. How many of those old guys training the kids are showing their gut by the way?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    ?

Not impossible. Just harder.

I grew up in the Mexican ghetto but live in the land of Starbucks now.

There weren't any soccer moms chauffeuring kids to games or milfs cheering their kids at swim meets where I grew up. Kids had good reason and incentive to be able to fight. One of my old instructors yelled at us kids for getting blood all over the mats and not cleaning up after we sparred.

Nowadays, kung fu is 3rd, 4th, or 5th on the list after baseball, soccer, track, and water polo. Everybody is so PC and civilized in the land of Starbucks. Kids aren't pulling knives on each other at school, and their priorities are different.

A big name Eagle Claw guy was telling me about his experience growing up in the ghetto. He and his friends were part of a Chinese gang. In addition to doing their gang stuff, they took it upon themselves to protect the nerdy asian kids from being victimized by the black gangs.
    there is nothing appealing about a ghetto man.
    people should be educated, should walk upright and ghettos should be demolished and replaced with land of starbucks and kids not pulling knives on each other. And punks trying to be hard ass cause they are not making money cause they can't get a job because they aren't educated and don't walk upright, they can dissappear.

see what I'm saying?

Ghetto ain't nothing. It's a hold back, a draw back, a hole of despair and uselessness that msut be broken out of.

they shouldn't exist. the world's better off without them.

anyway, it's really not about where you came from, it's about who you are now and what you are contributing to society. Nobody cares about the rest, what are you now is what's important on any given day.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    see what I'm saying?
    Got it. Agreed too.

Just would like to see some students that have the fire in them to learn.

My Sihing and I look around us and sigh, "This is what it's come to."

The land of Starbucks is great. But it will be the death of kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    How am I back pedaling, Davey Boy? My assertion all along was that sport fighters don't quit after they quit competing. I'm telling you they don't. Again, like most things, you don't know because you have no clue. I know because I train with them.

Well, I've probably been training in the "sport" model longer than you have been training in the TMA method and I can tell you I'm not bored yet... neither are the other guys who have been doing it longer than I have.

Of course you are making assertions on something you have no experience with, but what else is new about that.

Probably a lot less fat "sport" guys out there than the old, out-of-shape fat kung fu teachers out there.
    why do you insist on calling me davey boy? do you ahve some sort of inferiority complex that you need to refer to a 46 year old man as boy?

You posture well. Personally, I think you're full of shit and nothing more than an opinionated little troll with a huge chip on his shoulder for who know what reason.

That's how you've always come across and it's most unfortunate, because if you actualy know what you claim you know, you cuold've made some real contributions.

But instead, you come across as an asshat at the best of times.

oh well.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

these guys are a pretty good example of the effect of mma on cma.

http://www.nwfighting.com/index.html
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Now thats funny!LOLOLOL
    Agreed, Funny!

to be fair if i were to actually seperate groups of martial artists in my brain. which i really generally dont do. there are good and bad of everything, but to me a martial artist is a martial artist, some fight some dont fighters are fighters some suck and some dont.

but at the same time, there are a lot of lame ass people out there. on average there are more guys involved in mma that are getting solid training and sparring hard and stuff...in america.

when i think about competative kung fu i dont think about forms, i dont think about the medicine, or the therapy, or the culture or any of that. i think about the fighters. there are so many freaking san shou fighters in the world, you could never in your life name them all. a good percentage of those guys can strike, clinch and throw to a adequate and competative degree. arguably you find some sanshou guys that can out strike your standard mma guy. but thats neither here nor there.

the point is that if you want to address kung fu based on its competative fighting, you have to pick the right venue. which is where they fight. there is so much evidence of these guys training and fightin on the internet you cant even watch it all. i can garantee you there is a thousand 18year old sanshou guys in china that would have a fair shot of knocking any of us in this thread out in a strike sanshou match. probably more. but again, neither here nor there.

you guys are basically arguing competative fighting vs cultural attachment. duh, its not a viable debate.

end.
    Last edited by Lucas; 09-29-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

there are just as many farm boy fighters as there are inner city fighters... throwing hay and flipping tractor tires gives them what in wrestling we called "farmboy strength"... dont underestimate rural people just because they dont whatch rap video, put in fake gold teeth, talk about money women and skills they dont have and believe theyre tough coz they can get a gun... well farmboy got a 30/30 for his 12th birthday from grampa to replace the .22 rifle he got when he was 8...

besides, you cant fight with your belt buckle riding your kneecaps, let alone carry a burner without holding onto it all the time so it doesnt fall out and shoot you in the ass...
    Last edited by Syn7; 09-29-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    there are just as many farm boy fighters as there are inner city fighters... throwing hay and flipping tractor tires gives them what in wrestling we called "farmboy strength"... dont underestimate rural people just because they dont whatch rap video, put in fake gold teeth, talk about money women and skills they dont have and believe theyre tough coz they can get a gun... well farmboy got a 30/30 for his 12th birthday from grampa to replace the .22 rifle he got when he was 8...

besides, you cant fight with your belt buckle riding your kneecaps, let alone carry a burner without holding onto it all the time so it doesnt fall out and shoot you in the ass...
    lol

lol
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

The state that resembles a middle finger.

haha

don't forget about the white trash rednecks. Every rural area has them.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    haha

don't forget about the white trash rednecks. Every rural area has them.
    And this board has a couple too.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    And this board has a couple too.
    It also has some pansy a*ss, limp noodle liberals, but hey, who's keeping track!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

This thread has become far more gay and with far more ***** waving than any thread ever needs to be.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This thread has become far more gay and with far more ***** waving than any thread ever needs to be.
    should we move it to the wing chun forum then?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori