Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sorcerer and the White Snake (It's Love)

The Sorcerer and the White Snake (It's Love)

Here's another rumored Jet Li project, alongside Great Khmer Empire.

Jet Li to star in fantasy drama White Snake
    30 September, 2010 | By Screen staff

Chinese action star Jet Li will be starring in fantasy period drama White Snake(tentative title) with Po-chu Chui (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Kung Fu Hustle) producing and Tony Siu-tung Ching (An Empress and theWarriors) directing.

Huang Shengyi (Kungfu Hustle), Wen Zhang (Ocean Heaven) and Hong Kong stars Raymond Lam and Charlene Choi (Storm Warriors) are also among the leading cast of the $25m film.

Shooting has started yesterday in Chongyang of Hubei province in China, the main shooting location of the film. William Suk-ping Chang will serve as production and costume designer of the film.

The story of the film is based on Chinese legend which tells about a young scholar (to be played by Raymond Lam) falling in love with a beautiful woman (Huang Shengyi), unaware that she is a white snake who has taken on human form. A monk named Fahai (Jet Li) intervenes in order to save the scholar’s soul and casts the white snake into a deep well at a pagoda.

The story was made into a film of the same title in 1962 by the Shaw Brothers in Hong Kong. In 1993, Tsui Hark, Tony Siu-tung Ching’s longtime collaborator, adapted parts of the story and made a pan-Asian hit Green Snake, starring Maggie Cheung.

The film is financed by Beijing-based China Juli Entertainment Media, which is the subsidiary company of industry conglomerate Juli Group, specializing in sling and solar Energy businesses. Juli Entertainment Media recently signed with Hong Kong and mainland directors Hu Mei (Confucius), Stanley Kwan, Zhang Yang and Zhang Jiarui on a series of film production projects.

Shooting is scheduled to finish by the end of the year and is scheduled to be released in summer 2011.
    I confess that Green Snake was one of my guilty pleasures. It was a stand-out example of the Fant-Asia genre, but it's probably pretty dated today, especially it's special effects.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

at first i thought you were just a big fan of 80s buttrock.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

official tissue

looks like its official

Jet Li Joins Legend of Madam White Snake
    -- Legend of Madam White Snake --
    At a press conference held in Chong Yang, Hubei on September 29 afternoon, the crew and cast for 《白蛇传说》 Legend of Madam White Snake (tentative), which depicts the tale of forbidden love between a snake spirit and a mortal, with the intervention of an eminent monk, were formally announced:

Yang Zi, who's in the midst of filming Unparalleled Hero Fong Sai Yu TV series with Shi Xiao Long and Xu Ming Hu, and Chui Po Chu are producing, with Ching Siu Tung directing, while Eva Huang stars as White Snake, Raymond Lam as Xu Xian, Jet Li as Reverend Fa Hai, Charlene Choi as Green Snake and Wen Zhang, whom Jet Li invited to play his disciple Neng Ren, who despite his name meaning able to endure, loses his soul the moment he sets his sights upon Green Snake.

Eva Huang said that she has many fight scenes in Legend of Madam White Snake, which has been in production in the scenic Chong Yang since the beginning of this month and is slated for release in 2nd half of 2011. And recently, she has done a few scenes opposite Jet Li, who was absent as he was meeting Warren Buffet and Bill Gates to discuss charity matters, "He's very professional, when he's doing action scenes, I'd stay one side to learn on the sly." The Beijing News

Why are they doing a remake so soon? The Maggie Cheung version of White Snake is only 17 years old.

Haggling over the title

I'll change the post heading when the title settles.
    Distribution Workshop takes on Jet Li project White Snake
    11 February, 2011 | By Jean Noh

Hong Kong-based sales outfit takes $25m-budgeted The Sorcerer And The White Snake.

Distribution Workshop has picked up international sales rights to the Jet Li film The Sorcerer And The White Snake. Hong Kong action choreographer and film director/producer Tony Ching Siu-tung is directing the film.

The $25m film is in post-production.

Ching’s credits include A Chinese Ghost Story, House of Flying Daggers and An Empress And The Warriors.

Eva Huang (Kung Fu Hustle) stars as the White Snake of the title, who transforms into a beautiful woman to rescue and live with the man she falls in love with – an herbal physician played by Raymond Lam. When their town is plagued by a mysterious disease, she sacrifices her supernatural power and energy to help him save people but is found out to be a serpent when the Sorceror played by Jet Li arrives. Charlene Choi of The Twins Effect series also stars as Green Snake who helps the white one.

Venus Keung (One Nite In Mongkok) is director of photography while William Chang (2046) is costume director.
    80s buttrock?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ALA: White Snake

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I would so pay for a movie in which Jet Li played David Coverdale.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

LOL id pay just to see him with that hairdo

Alright, I confess. I've seen Whitesnake live.

But keep in mind that I work in the music industry, so I've seen a lot of bands. I've even seen Tiffany live. Whitesnake played Shoreline Amphitheater in '88 and no, I didn't remember that myself - I had to consult my external memory drive (aka the internet).

Remember Jet in dreadlocks? That was the best scene in The One.

In all fairness, Lady Green Snake is a classic Chinese myth, so this no more a remake of the Maggie Cheung version than Zhao Wei's Mulan (or Zhang Ziyi's Mulan for that matter) is a remake of the Disney version.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

rasta law and g@y law were freaking funny

personally liked the idea for the one and had secretly hoped for a sequel, i wanted to see the hades penal colony get owned

I feel ya, Lucas. I loved the weird incarnations of Law

But what would they call the sequel?

The TWO?

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

HAHA! dude thats a good one.

i did think it was weird though that there were alternate realities, but a set number, they could make it so its unlimited and he just gets stronger, and stronger, and stronger..., have a 3rd law that fights too, so at one point you get a 3 way free for all law beat down.

The Sorcerer and the White Snake

Jet Li in The Sorcerer and the White Snake.

Ok, so how will he claim this one isn't a kung fu movie?

Or has he given up on the whole "Huo Yuen Jia was my last kung fu movie" thing?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Jet Li in The Sorcerer and the White Snake.

Ok, so how will he claim this one isn't a kung fu movie?

Or has he given up on the whole "Huo Yuen Jia was my last kung fu movie" thing?
    maybe it's just some bearded dude enjoying a night out at a whitesnake concert?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The Sorcerer & The White Snake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnCjg...eature=feedlik

An upcomming film with Jet Li.

Kind regards,
    Xian