Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muay Thai Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Whenever we can sell the topmost banner, it gives me more to justify our shenanigans here to the powers that be.
    I don't get ads, banners, pop ups... NADA. Top of my screen says Kung Fu Magazine.com where the MAM banner usually goes.

But for you Gene, I will turn off my filter and click three times!!! You have been very understanding by allowing me to continue with my evil atheist agenda!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    no way man, i just had not heard of that movie. a samurai left for dead in siam, nursed back to health, taught muay boran and then becomes a kings bodyguard, and has to fight against the invading japanese based on actual events? what kind of girly man doesnt want to see that movie?
    Does he singlehandedly repel the invasion while simultaneously protecting the king from degenerate usurpers and mountain ruffians?

Thanks S7!

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    But for you Gene, I will turn off my filter and click three times!!! You have been very understanding by allowing me to continue with my evil atheist agenda!!!
    Unfortunately, their marketing might have issues because most people think this film is OB. But for us, it's more about the eyeballs, which on the web is calculated by click-thrus.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Does he singlehandedly repel the invasion while simultaneously protecting the king from degenerate usurpers and mountain ruffians?
    idk I havent seen it yet!!! Get off my back yo!!! geeeze
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    no way man, i just had not heard of that movie. a samurai left for dead in siam, nursed back to health, taught muay boran and then becomes a kings bodyguard, and has to fight against the invading japanese based on actual events? what kind of girly man doesnt want to see that movie?
    I think the movie looks fun. If I buy it, it will most certainly be through the kungfumagazine click through banner. Tell the overlords of kfm that the forum works as a device to sell stuff.

Our winners are announced

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I picked this up while shopping and think it's pretty good. Not great, but good. And I like the message the film conveys.

**slight spoilers**

In the film, Yamada is shown practicing his bare-hand Japanese MA, which actually looks more like karate or Shorinji Kempo. Keep in mind that neither of those arts were practiced in Japan until the 20th century. In the 17th century, pretty much any bare-handed MA practiced by samurai would have been some form of jujutsu.

Another issue I have with the movie is that the training sequences suggest that to learn Muay Thai, or any MA effectively, involves mostly shadow-boxing. That was okay in some instances in 1970s KF films, but there must be more to it now.