Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which kind of rebreakable to buy?

Now that is a grand idea.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Boards do "hit back" I fractured my secondary middle knuckle breaking boards with my panther fists.

Took about a year to fully heal.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

the third law
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

back from my break

Syn7, I work for TC Media, International, which is a division of Tiger Claw. TC Media produces Kung Fu Tai Chi and DVDs, as well as designs logos for Tiger Claw clients. It also oversees this website and forum. In short, TC Media is my employer. Is that symbiotic?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    the third law
    yep .
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Syn7, I work for TC Media, International, which is a division of Tiger Claw. TC Media produces Kung Fu Tai Chi and DVDs, as well as designs logos for Tiger Claw clients. It also oversees this website and forum. In short, TC Media is my employer. Is that symbiotic?
    duuude... much respect fpor making ur passion ur a viable career... everyone could take notes on that one... goood on ya...

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    so did you start the mag then sell the brand to them??? or stat the mag then shop for partners??? how did that all work out... u did start the mag yes??? i just assumed that one...

I did not start the mag.

Roger Haygood started Wushu Kung Fu in 1992 (see our first issue here). That was purchased by TC Media and it was cooperatively run until Roger broke away. Gigi Oh took over in Winter 1994. I was writing freelance articles for all that martial arts magazines since '91. I was hired by TC Media as a full-time employee in fall of 1999. Announcement of my position as Assistant Publisher was withheld until the Shaolin Special 2000. We've gone through several title changes since our inception and settled on Kung Fu Tai Chi.

If you really want to know the history of our mag, check out our 10th Anniversary issue.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

What is the spec on rebreakables?
    What kind of PSI is required?
    They are equivelant to what?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

PSI? You're kidding, right?

What's the PSI on a wood board?

Actually, I suppose that's something we could calculate for the rebreakables, but we haven't bothered. I imagine would only be challenged by the extra strong one when used alone. I can break all three levels, but I've seen a few practitioners who took a few jabs at the extra strongs ( ) before snapping them. Of course, you can stack them, with spacers or without, to increase the difficulty.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips