Thread: Jow Made From Lavacol*?

Question Jow Made From Lavacol*?

So according to most people that i've talked to, you should never make jow from isopropyl alcohol because it is toxic over a long period of use. I've got this one recipe for jow that i've been dying to make but since i'm underage i cant buy vodka or rice wine (so if this doesn't work out i'll have my brother help me with it.)
    Anyway, today I was rummaging through my medicine cabinet looking for my tweezers and I found a rubbing alcohol called Lavacol*. What sparked my curiousity is that it isn't made with isopropyl, but ethyl alcohol (like your drinking kind) but denatured. So my question is can you make a proper jow with this stuff? Also, is there any good pharmacies in the state of colorado or is there any place where you can get quality herbs for cheap?
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Titusville, Florida (Floridas East Coast)
    Tao

What underage kid worth his salt can't acquire alcohol?

Stick to the vodka.

Most if not all of the typical jow herbs are relatively cheap, and lots of herbal sources online....

Eric Hunstad
    ww.OldSchoolKungFuNow.com

Use a proper recipe and follow it to the letter.

You can buy over teh countre jows taht are fine.
    most are made with distilled plum or rice wine (grain alcohol).
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I've been wonder the same thing about rubbing alcohol.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Denatured ethanol is iffy--they put some nasty chemicals in there so you cant drink it and Id be worried about health concerns, even applied topically; its potentially worse than using isopropyl. Vodka isnt cost-prohibitive and is a very nice clean alcohol so thats what I usualyl recommend to customers.

You can buy cheap herbs online; we sell over 200 medicinal herbs and move over 70 lbs of herbs each month, so everything is always very fresh. Just click the link in the sig below...