Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kulo Wing Chun 22 Set

Kulo Wing Chun 22 Set

For those of you interested in seeing the Kulo Wing Chun 22 form, this is the complete set, from Guangzhou Master Leung Wun Zi's line.

Done in the proper "flavor":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPkVTBGyCPM

Done slowly for easy following:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QJHBkyB9fc

Cheers,
    John
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Hey John,

Great demo, thanks for sharing! I notice the 22 point also keep their feet converging, and torques from the kwa instead of from the feet.

this is totally separate from the Yip Man stuff right?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    For those of you interested in seeing the Kulo Wing Chun 22 form, this is the complete set, from Guangzhou Master Leung Wun Zi's line.

Cheers,
    John

Interesting...
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Cheers,
    John
    Thanks, I enjoyed those very much! Tasty flavour too.

Your "Large Twirling Hands" is very very similar to an element of the 3rd section of my first form. The Yip Man version I originally learned had a section that went "Tan/Gan/Tan/Huen/Middle Gate Palm Strike"; the version I do now has a "high Tan/low bong/Gan/high palm strike" which is executed similarly to large twirling hands.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Very nice, thanks for sharing.
    what did you think was nice about it ?

Thanks for this. It's great to see the full set of movements.

Dr. Fung,

Thank you for your generous contribution.

We of Gu Lao lineage are too few! I think your open posting reflects a generous nature!

Best wishes,

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    what did you think was nice about it ?
    I think it's great that many of the non-Yip Man branches of WCK, like Gu lao 22 point, are finally being exposed to the public. This is important since it provides a more comprehensive view of the art.

I think it's great that many of the non-Yip Man branches of WCK, like Gu lao 22 point, are finally being exposed to the public. This is important since it provides a more comprehensive view of the art.
    A more comprehensive view?

Having sets of sansau, whether they can be traced directly to Leung Jan or not, doesn't make WCK more comprehensive, just easier to learn for basic self defence purposes imho and definitely easier to teach!

It is great to see though, I preferred the second clip. But all this needs to be followed up with the 40 point methods
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 10-01-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Blog Entries

Cheers,
    John
    Hi John,

I really enjoyed the clip, Do you have any footage of yourself or Master Leung Demonstrating the applications or two-man san sik drills that you can post?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    A more comprehensive view?
    Yes.

Having sets of sansau, whether they can be traced directly to Leung Jan or not, doesn't make WCK more comprehensive, just easier to learn for basic self defence purposes imho and definitely easier to teach!
    No. WCK is WCK. A san sao format of teaching isn't "easier to learn for basic self-defense" -- it is just a different curriculum for WCK.

The reason I said a more comprehensive view is that by seeing different ways of teaching the same thing (WCK) -- comparing different texts for the same subject as it were -- we may help us see things from a different perspective and give us a fuller picture.

It is great to see though, I preferred the second clip. But all this needs to be followed up with the 40 point methods
    Well, I know that I won't be uploading it.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I believe WCK is WCK, while the expression of it may differ in different lineages, put the politics aside we all share very common roots. If we can all work together, we can take WCK collectively to new high grounds.

Cheers,
    John
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

WCK is WCK. A san sao format of teaching isn't "easier to learn for basic self-defense" -- it is just a different curriculum for WCK.

The reason I said a more comprehensive view is that by seeing different ways of teaching the same thing (WCK) -- comparing different texts for the same subject as it were -- we may help us see things from a different perspective and give us a fuller picture.
    That does make sense, but I guess you would say that about a curriculum you're familiar with. For me personally, a sansau curriculum is great if it's supplemented with a good foundation, which I've found only within the Lee Shing WCK curriculum.

Standing on it's own any sansau or personal sets are a preservation thing, and that's cool, but I also like to think my chun develops and changes every year.

I believe WCK is WCK, while the expression of it may differ in different lineages, put the politics aside we all share very common roots. If we can all work together, we can take WCK collectively to new high grounds.
    I have been saying things like this for years, so I think its great that we are on the same journey. I've always got the feeling though that people want me to listen and train like they do without any return! And I too believe I'm holding onto something special (as most of us here do!)

What you ask for is almost impossible nowadays, but I do wish you all the luck in the world with your promotions.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術