Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you feel the need to laugh, give this a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

I dont believe in going to MMA gym because it doesnt need to

What the hell does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Lack of structure and footwork ie stepping in with the techniques he seems to be leaning too far forward which would make for an easy lap sau for beginers from my training the footwork and structure should be stressed first.....

Excellent sharing.

For me, the clip is totally NOT accord to the reality because NO opponent will move one move and wait for one to moves 2 and 4 moves......etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    What the hell does that mean?
    That means MMA gym is not the reference of the TRUTH.

Fine. From my perspective...

From the get-go, you see a lack of root in his stance, you see a lack of the immoveable elbow concept. In his demonstration, you see him reaching, you see a lack of body unity, you see a lack of structural support for power (there really was no power line to follow).

Backfists?!

He is teaching the wrong applications (energy and vectors) for the pak and tan sao. His student isn't driving forward with his attacks, there is no power line...but then he IS the student of the teacher and if the teacher can't do it I wouldn't expect the student to.

Those were just the tip of the iceberg I fear.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

The reality of this type of training happen in general dojo.

That is the student will learn some moves but will not really applied it if the real situation comes up. They will fight with their innertial /intinct ability. The moves they learn might aids them a little but their fight still will be dictate by their intinctive ability.

That is very different then the professional who is well train and could disolve incoming attack with the style or stratergy/power handling one has learn.

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    Are you for fu/.cking real?

There's not a thing the guy does right. He should be laughed at, not because he's dumb, not because he's sh.it but because HE'S TEACHING PEOPLE THAT DUMB SH1T.
    Where's your clip to show you have a clue? More than likely, you are learning shit that is just a dumb.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-07-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Where's your clip to show you have a clue? More than likely, you are learning shit that is just a dumb.
    I totally agree, and maybe even get beat up by Fran in the real life.

I like this guy. He reminds me of a drill Sargent granted the body structure is not there. Maybe he's very new to wc? Plus I like this clip better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hopg...eature=related
    Last edited by agwc; 10-09-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: you have to watch them all

Quote Originally Posted by agwc View Post
    I like this guy. He reminds me of a drill Sargent granted the body structure is not there. Maybe he's very new to wc? Plus I like this clip better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hopg...eature=related
    That's Fran from St. Loius. He's doing stuff he made up as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by agwc View Post
    Do you really? Why? The same errors are present there just as in the first clip. A correct and hard punch would go right through his "defense".
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    Do you really? Why? The same errors are present there just as in the first clip. A correct and hard punch would go right through his "defense".
    Entertainment value? I love how everything starts with "At this particular time..." lol

And hey in that last clip he was almost close enough to make contact...so...
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

lol...yea...I suppose there was some improvement from that respect.