Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Conn. murder trial...

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    Of course I don't want to do as they do. Hell, they lock up Nobel Peace Prize winners in poltical prisons.

Don't you think it's absolutely terrifying to owe people like that billions, and that we spend alot of that money implementing social programs for the nonproducers of this country?

And fyi, they treat their workers better than we do. They have Gov't controlled healthcare there, the greatest program known to man.
    I've been in plants and on construction sites there. They DO NOT treat those people better than we do, without question. Scary, scary conditions. Do not believe otherwise. They're gonna need that better healthcare, but my money says they'll privatize it to get out of long term paying for the things and dangers they've exposed workers to.

It's 100% true.

He signed that stupid pledge agreeing to give 1/2 of his money to charity when he dies. So the more of his money he keeps, the more goes to charity when he dies. It's basic math.
    He does not agree that he should get the break was my point. He doesn't equate reasonable taxes with punishment.

FYI, the USA has either the highest or one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. This 'the rich don't pay taxes' argument is total bs. IRS numbers completely disprove that ridiculous assertion.
    This is where things get tricky. A corporation is a person in some senses(one who can't vote or produce children, like a vegetable with a lot of money and lawyers), but a rich person is something different, who likely has corporate holdings, but does not themselves pay corporate taxes in most cases.

To clear up a confusion on what I've been arguing, the down side is not the formation of a KGB, but no haircuts and lots of female infanticide.

Omelettes and eggs.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    haha come back to read some of this and it's like in left field...haha not even close to the topic. Oh well you'll have that I guess.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I've been in plants and on construction sites there. They DO NOT treat those people better than we do, without question. Scary, scary conditions. Do not believe otherwise. They're gonna need that better healthcare, but my money says they'll privatize it to get out of long term paying for the things and dangers they've exposed workers to.
    I was being sarcastic. They treat workers like **** over there.

How often do we hear about hundreds of miners getting trapped over there? And they have political prisons. And they lock up Nobel Peace Prize winners, and their wives too. My point was that it is not good to owe tyrants like that billions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    This is where things get tricky. A corporation is a person in some senses(one who can't vote or produce children, like a vegetable with a lot of money and lawyers), but a rich person is something different, who likely has corporate holdings, but does not themselves pay corporate taxes in most cases.
    But the taxes that the corporation pays are felt by the shareholders. Anything that takes money from the corporation affects the value of the corporation, and the stock price reflects that. Thus the shareholders income from said investments are indeed affected by corporate taxes. And then if the shareholders sell stocks for profit they are hit with capital gains taxes.