Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: kung fu or bjj

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    goju

Your comment was spun off of when i said this debate has been going on for centuries, and you comemnted .............

So yes you did imply it was only about modern day MMA.
    however you should really refrain form calling people names, to get your point across

Yes key word isSOME. I did not say everything and why someone would immediately conclude i was talking about fighting not exsisting before the emergence of MMA is idiotic. If i come off as rude that is because i do not have much tolerance for stupidty.

Stop and use your thinking caps gentlemen. A wide variety of theories have been put forth in this thread, Not one revolved around when teh Realz fighting exsisted so concluding anyone is speaking of this is nothing short of ridiculous.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by mantid1 View Post
    Yep Dragon.....I was just talking about the fighting aspect. MMA can build character and teach other things.....but cant compare to the traditional stuff on a whole or as a way of life.

To me the biggest threat I have is daily life.....trying to stay mentally and physically strong and balanced, teach my children how to live a good life and try to be good people, fit into society witout judging to harshly and hopfully not be judged.

MMA is fantastic for fighting but as a way of life......ehh....I think I will stick with the tradition.

Granted....there are good and bad people in MMA and TMA.
    Good parents are supposed to teach you how to live.I was nice to people before I did kung fu.Your post reminds me of the cult-like nature of most kungfu schools.Learn the "way of life".The cult leader(sifu) tells you stuff like dont fight.That way you'll never find out that you've been learning garbage.MMA has a put up or shutup mentality.Because they are confident that they're learning the real deal.

notanexit
    The cult leader(sifu) tells you stuff like dont fight.That way you'll never find out that you've been learning garbage.
    hang on non, so your saying that when a teacher of martial arts preaches dont fight its a cult? I tell my srudents all the time this is for self defense use it when you need it. I always say dont fight unless you have to, but when you do here how to end it quickly and easliy...... am I cult leader or teaching garbage?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

hang on non, so your saying that when a teacher of martial arts preaches dont fight its a cult?
    No,you need to go read my post again.....slowly.But some kung fu schools are cult-like.The teach me the"way of life" type of thinking goes along with these kung fu cult schools.
    I tell my srudents all the time this is for self defense use it when you need it.
    I agree,good advice.But thats where it should end,the "way of life" is taught by parents and your family.
    I always say dont fight unless you have to, but when you do here how to end it quickly and easliy.
    Fighting someone that is really trying to hurt you isn't "easy",I know it seems easy against a compliant partner who is standing still so you can do deadly techniques.Thats the false sense of self confidence that cult leaders(sifu)gives their followers(students)
    ...... am I cult leader or teaching garbage?
    Both

I agree,good advice.But thats where it should end,the "way of life" is taught by parents and your family.
    this si not always true, i used to teah in the city and the up brignoign there was questionable to say the leaset, abadon fathes, mothers who hook strip or have drug abuse problems. It was my duty to instill dicipline, proper behavior and morals. No diferent than a pastor, coach or school teacher. If they are not getting proper guidnece at home a MA school is the next best place

Fighting someone that is really trying to hurt you isn't "easy",I know it seems easy against a compliant partner who is standing still so you can do deadly techniques.Thats the false sense of self confidence that cult leaders(sifu)gives their followers(students)
    obviously, but its up to the students to practice what is shown to a level the they are ABLE to perfrom the techniques taught to them,. This is the problem with most schools. They rush through thier ciriculums so fast, that the students dont have enough time on any one tech. to work before he is shown the next one.
    This is why people discredit TMA they havent put enough time in to make it work, then they blame the entire system and say kung fu isnt good for fighting like MMA LOL
    ...... am I cult leader or teaching garbage?
    I can assure you the answer is neither.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Earthdragon......not sure why you feel the need to jusity yourself and teaching your art to people on this forum.

You just need to remember all of the parents who thank you for working with thier children and making a difference....the adult who needed to lose weight and you helped them through it......the guy who avoided the fight because you taught him to keep his mouth shut...the ten year old that you taught for only one year shows up ten years lateer and tells you that you made a difference.....the list goes on and on.

O.K....you guys want to chit chat about things,..please message each other.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!