Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Master Wong's Wing Chun" - Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    To me it is only slight, but the way he puts his sentences together says so. Also, he looks Viet Whether or not he is.
    Michael Wong originally came to England at the age of ten as a refugee from Vietnam.
    http://www.everythingwingchun.com/mi...-dvds-s/50.htm

He could be descended from Chinese immigrants to Vietnam, given that his surname is 'Wong'.

Quote Originally Posted by Runlikehell View Post
    http://www.everythingwingchun.com/mi...-dvds-s/50.htm

He could be descended from Chinese immigrants to Vietnam, given that his surname is 'Wong'.
    Very true, there were lots of Chinese in Vietnam.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Delta Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Is this the same Sifu Lakis who taught in London, UK during the eighties/nineties??

http://www.deltawingchungungfuacademy.com/
    Yes he is my friend do you have any information to provide me with on his lineage. I cannot find anywhere a source on his lineage. Any help or information would be much appreciated my friend.

Christos WC

Delta Wing Chun

Okay, yes it is him I just checked the photo gallery

Student of Moy Yat (?)
    That is what is said on his videos but is this an objective source?

Delta Wing chun

Is this the same Sifu Lakis who taught in London, UK during the eighties/nineties??

http://www.deltawingchungungfuacademy.com/
    Do you know his school have you trained with him before?

Kind of ironic how he says, "If you do that you have big problem," right after he blocks the kick while looking down at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya3Pgv4GZM0

Seconds 11 - 15 of this video may be my favorite "Master Wong moment" ever.

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunABQ View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya3Pgv4GZM0

Seconds 11 - 15 of this video may be my favorite "Master Wong moment" ever.
    Commercial cr(p

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Commercial cr(p
    Yes, but funny!

The rest of the video is a promotion for selling rattan rings, but those 4 seconds that I mentioned = worst flyswatter ever.

I think the video typefies the guy - he's a brazen self-promoter and is clearly interested in turning a buck through martial arts. I don't think his WC is particularly good (notice his poor shifting, for example). Still, it's hard to malign the guy when he's willing to goof around a little bit in his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunABQ View Post
    Yes, but funny!

The rest of the video is a promotion for selling rattan rings, but those 4 seconds that I mentioned = worst flyswatter ever.

I think the video typefies the guy - he's a brazen self-promoter and is clearly interested in turning a buck through martial arts. I don't think his WC is particularly good (notice his poor shifting, for example). Still, it's hard to malign the guy when he's willing to goof around a little bit in his videos.

Rattan rings ! dont get me started....he hasnt got a clue about VT. But then how would anyone know that ? A fool and his money, as they say.

hmm a dvd series "kill flies like the masters....! " Im on it ; )
    Last edited by k gledhill; 01-19-2012 at 08:45 AM.

One thing about rattan rings is certain (and this is clearly demonstrated by Master Wong): They make lousy flyswatters.

Quote Originally Posted by Christos WC View Post
    Yes he is my friend do you have any information to provide me with on his lineage. I cannot find anywhere a source on his lineage. Any help or information would be much appreciated my friend.

Christos WC
    It seems that his WC comes from the late Wong Shun Leung, according to one of their websites. No idea if he was a direct student of WSL though.

The forms(hardware) he plays are ok, but he does not do in the right way(software). Wing Chun is an internal style kung fu, mainly talking about softness, deflection and internal energy. Playing in softness is more difficult than in hardness. That's why it is kung fu suitable for ladies. He is a muscular man and cannot play softly. Also, mouth opening, breathing sound and the fist sound, are not good on kung fu form playing. Compared with PanNam, they look like very similar, but the ways are totally different. Also, comparing the hand motions and stance motions, you will get the answer from the questions above.

Wong seems to be the new "Bruce Lee" of WC. Like the way he tears down the barriers and shows initiative in OP vid presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    I would like to see him take a kick from someone that is not his student.
    I would rather see him kick you.