Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Master Wong's Wing Chun" - Opinions?

[QUOTE=k gledhill;1153606]Rattan rings ! dont get me started....he hasnt got a clue about VT. But then how would anyone know that ? A fool and his money, as they say.

hmm a dvd series "kill flies like the masters....! " Im on it ; )[/QUOTE

Kev mate have you not watched the classic enough times?? As a true master you have to be able to catch the fly with your chopsticks and release it un harmed
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

There are a lot of form playing demonstration on Utube. Do you think you can learn from that ? The answer is 'Mostly not'.

You can copy the motion(hardware) of the form playing in the utube, but you cannot get the right way(software) to use it. If the software applied correctly, great effectiveness can be achieved. Otherwise, effectiveness is greatly declined.

A student shows me the PanNam's(P) and Wxxx's(P) SLT, CK & BG on utube, and also about the using the hand to block the leg attack directly presented by Wxxx.

It is easy to break the arm by directly blocking the leg attack using arm. Leg power is serveral times than hands power, and it is 'force against force', violates the principle of the Internal style kung fu, 'deflection'. --> poor demonstration.

For the SLT, CK & BG, I can say W learns from the video rather from a sifu. NO matter he is muscular & strong, he cannot play softly. Also, breathing sound, fist sound & mouth opening violates internal style kung fu concept. Hand positioning and stance positioning are not correctly. You will agree what I say, if you compare the P and W vidoes in details.

[QUOTE=wingchunIan;1154035]
    Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Rattan rings ! dont get me started....he hasnt got a clue about VT. But then how would anyone know that ? A fool and his money, as they say.

hmm a dvd series "kill flies like the masters....! " Im on it ; )[/QUOTE

Kev mate have you not watched the classic enough times?? As a true master you have to be able to catch the fly with your chopsticks and release it un harmed
    No. You only achieve true mastery when your internal energy creates a barrier around you, thereby stopping the fly from even going near you.

Master Wong ' s Wing Chun - opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T England View Post
    From what I understnad he is not hong kong Chinese but from Vietnam or somewhere like that.

Although his physical skills are very good his wing chun lineage is unknown to most including me. He probably learnt off a lower level teacher in uk or from someone in mainland China as I think he has went there to study taiji and the like.

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk
    Paul , I agree with you too , I don ' t know his WC lineage either , but he ' s made instructional DVDs on taiji , JKD besides WC .
    I just happened to have one of his DVDs , that ' s why on WC . People on this thread said that he learned from Sifu WSL for the WC , and other WC sifus as well besides Sifu WSL , so his WCK is probably is probably a combination of the 3 WCK sifus he learned from . I don ' t know about his JKD though . Watch if I ' m not mistaken he may even produce a DVD on MMA . but we ' ll see . I too wonder about this sifu too .