Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: kenpo biting the big one

jutsow Guest

fred valarie

his school is one of the ones i am basing my opinions on. aside from being phisicaly fit they really had nothing to offer.

MonkeySlap Too Guest

Just proud

One of my dirty secrets - I introduced 3 or 4 midwest Villari school owners to Bruce Juchnik, which resulted in a mass exodus from the Villari system, effectively breaking the back of that organization in my home state.

Just makes you beam with pride, don't it?

Even guys who were tricked by Villari were still men enough to see the problem and adopt something better. Of ourse it had to be something Kenpo centric so they wouldn't just reject it out of hand. So feel happy al you guys who got duped by that charlatan, there asre stinkers like me out there.

(For the record, I thought some of the Villari guys were pretty decent martial artists, with fewer holes in thier skills than say, TKD or Chung Moo Doe.)

old jong Guest

Shaolin kempo karate

I have seen schools of that denomination.To me ,it looks like karate"A la sauce chinoise!"What are the origins of the style? Hawai?
    I have the tendencie to think that true okinawan karate like Go-ju is closer to the chinese origins and has deeper values.
    I have also read about the japanese style called;Shorin-ji kempo(shaolin in japanese I think)they preach a return to the shaolin heritage but it looks more like a mix of japanese styles to me. :rolleyes:By the way,they dress like monks! ;)

C'est la vie!

WongFeHung Guest
    just a side note: when I studied 'old school chinese kenpo" I had to learn 30 self-defense techniques for yellow belt-(many with a,b,c variations, making way over 250 techs for BB) and in McDojo, they had you learn 26 techniques for Black Belt. This is why most of their BBs look like yellow belts.

Black Jack Guest

KENPO ROCKS

American Kenpo, Kosho Ryu, Tracy, Paul Mills, McSweeny, and Jutnick are great systems that put a lot of CMA schools to shame on the basis of teaching a practical form of pugilism from the get go.

Give me a break! Those few of you that stated that kenpo sucks are realy showing where your experiance level is at.

Regards

MoQ Guest

Do ya REALLY think CMA hates Kempo so readily because of...

JEALOUSY?
    LACK OF MA EXPERIENCE???

MA? Sure whatever...
    Kung Fu? Nope, never anything but a parasitic relationship with CMA.

Ironpig Guest

Sincerest apologees if I gave any disrespect to a legitmate player

If there was a Jutchnik associated school in my town...(since I didn't open one) I would be there. I would also be were I am now. The only Jutchnik authorized teacher to show up partnered up with a commercial karate school and teaches at a mc dojo. Last I had heard.

I do not think ALL kenpo/kempo sucks at all, just ALOT of it when its commercial.

If the school I study in now was as commercial I would leave and maybe move to another state to find a good school with all the areas of study I now believe are important.

I would not have spent so much time to pursue real education unless I had been given such a good meter stick to measure by with having worked with Hanshi Bruce Jutchnik. It had a deep impact on many decisions I have made and is definitely in line with a real study including language and culture.

I think the whole "I hate that art" rants are fairly jeuvenile, and I participated in it and believe that I may have been misunderstood.

I do not disrespect Ken/mpo, I have a personal dislike for certain practitioners that I have had contact with. They certainly do not reflect well upon their system with their behavior.

Hey, listen to a pig. Some arts are good and some are not so good. Mostly through the faults of human beings practicing them, not the art.

Just a few more pennies from a pig..

IronPig

jutsow Guest

bobys mom

i am glad my post recieved such a response.
    now i know who all you kenpo wannabes are and will ignore your posts accordingly
    no offene intened but
    kenpo/kempo sucks
    always has
    always will,,,,,but hey at least its not wing chun. :rolleyes:

old jong Guest
    Oh! oh! It is not nice to pickle...I mean pick on others like that! :D :D :rolleyes:

C'est la vie!

MASTERMAN Guest

Thanks "sow" boy for bringing out support for MA people...

Pickles are usually considered condiments for people consumption. You have been chewed so "sowy"

You Have The Power,

Dave S :p :p :p :p :p :p

JWTAYLOR Guest
    I guess I started posting on this board around a year and a half to two years ago, I forget just when.

I started posting on a Kung Fu board even though I took American Kenpo, which is not Kung Fu, because of all of the rediculous bullsh!t people were posting about Kenpo. It's nice too see so many people in the kung fu community really do understand kenpo.

Kenpo is not Kung Fu. Nor is American Kenpo really Karate.
    Some instructors suck. Some are great. Surprise Surprise. There are some real a$ out there. I don't count my lineage past anyone that I haven't personally trained with.
    American Kenpo takes a long time to learn. There are no 3 year black belts that have learned enough to be considered anything near a black belt.
    Shaolin Kenpo taught by Villari and Parker Kenpo have little to nothing in common.
    American Kenpo only contains about 10% of what Mitose and Chow taught. That's according to Mr. Parker.
    Mr. Parker left no "heir" to the kenpo throne.
    Any "Kenpo" that Ed Parker taught is a modern system, and certainly not one that has ever been taught in ancient China.
    Mr. Parker wanted kenpo to be modern. He said that like a bazillion times. Therefore, it must always change. Good instructors proudly embrace this challenge. That means that anyone who says their kenpo is the only real Parker/American kenpo since they have kept it exactly the way Mr. Parker taught it to them is sadly missing the point.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

jutsow Guest

jon wayne taylor

thank you for helping me prove my point by showing the good people of this site how truly sad and distustingly stupid the average kenpo/kempo man is by opening your big pizza filled, beer swilling mouth.YOU SICKEN ME.!!!and if your not a kung fu man then what are you doing on this site. there arent any techniques for you to rip off here,okay sparky.
    im just the one telling you how it is, THE ONE, THE ONLY, JUTSOW.
    [just burns your bellybottun doesn't it jut sow]

kenpo/sucks
    always has
    always will
    but hey, at least its not wing chun :eek:

Black Jack Guest

PUNK

I should not even respond to your ignorant mouth but I would like to point out if everyone has not realized it yet but you are a no nothing little gimp.

Drag your sorry ass down to a solid American kenpo school and call out the teacher and watch as you get smacked around and your lunch money stolen.

Punk Ass :eek:

Regards

MonkeySlap Too Guest

In defense of JTW

Okay Jutsow, who are you? And how have you proved yourself?

JTW, through his writings and his open invites to people certainly has the benefit of the doubt with me. Yeah, Kenpo guys have historically tried to lift CMA stuff, and there's the famous 'I'm only discovering what is only in my system' line. But I don't here these from JTW.

A lot of Kenpo guys are hard working martial artists, and could care less about the 'sins' of thier forefathers.

For that matter - who cares? Tell me about any great CMA finder who didn't beg borrow and steal from every teacher and every fight he was in.

More power to 'em, I say. The proof will be on the floor.

HuangKaiVun Guest
    I'll bet jutsow is not even a CMArtist.

I'll bett that he's just some troll trying to stir up trouble.