Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: kenpo biting the big one

JWTAYLOR Guest
    Jutsow, if you are going to talk tough then please stop crying to admin about me threatening you. It's embarrasing, really.

BTW, I had a friend call the school to see if you were there, his name is Pedro, he runs an American Kenpo and Shooto school in Braintree. If you are in the area and compete, that should be enough to figure out who he is, as he and his students regularly compete in nhb. He was going to see if you were interested in a friendly anything goes sparring match.
    Funny, when Pedro called, Ken couldn't find anyone to own up to the name Jutsow. He has assured me that none of his students would behave in such a disrespectfull manner.

MASTERMAN, have you had any luck finding this kid?

Are you sure you take a martial art Jutsow? Or is Mr. Proctor's school just the first one you saw in the phone book?

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

MASTERMAN Guest

No luck yet with this guy

JWT,

No luck yet. Like most characters of this variety they disappear into the holes they came from...

I have enough students and friends out east to arrange for an education for this guy.

Best Regards in Kenpo,

Dave S ;)

little chain monkey Guest

Masterman

wake up Masterman....they're coming after you!!!!!

Kong Jianshen Guest

Alright get comfortable...

I hate to stick my spoon in now, since it seems we are always talking about the SAME THINGS. How many Kenpo Bite's forums have I seen?! Atleast 4 or 5 in the last couple months.. BUT ANYWAYS lets start the pain.

NUMBER 1- Kenpo is a good art, as good as any! But don't call it something it is not people. Kenpo is not CMA, and whatever CMA flavor it used to have is basically GONE. ANY Okinawan style has 3 times the chinese influence and shows it alot better then Kenpo. Hate to say it! (For now I am talking about American Kenpo) Now this has nothing to do with the effetiveness of the art people, im not blasting it. American Kenpo Karate is just that, AMERICAN. Its roots are Mitose Karate, not Kung Fu! Parker slapped together forms, techniques, stuff he learned from Chow, other stuff from his studies and bam there you have it. Just look at the forms people, its not really Japanese and it sure as hell isnt Chinese. I will explain the rest later. Now, this isn't to say the art isn't effective! I have seen very good Kenpo guys, its always up to the individual. My end comment: American Kenpo is about as chinese as french fries.. Inspired by, maybe, but thats it.

Still I see alot of Kung Fu guys being attacked by the Kenpo guys so here is a little comment. I have a little peice of history for you AKK guys. How bout the FACT that Chow didn't really want to give Ed Parker his blackbelt and that it took a quite a bit of convicing from Mr.Emperado? Theres a little fat for you to chew on.

NUMBER 2- ON Professor Chow.. With all due respect, he was the Thunderbolt and an excellent martial artist. BUT his father was a shaolin monk? Yes and mine was the Prince of Egypt.. PLEASE! His own close relatives CAME OUT AND STATED that his father did NOT have any previous Kung Fu knowledge and was certainly not a Shaolin Monk. They said that Chow had studied from Mitose and then delved into the island's other arts available to him. But his pops wasn't a monk people! How many shaolin monks sit around China going.. "Hmm to hell with Kung Fu and my religion.. Hawaii and family life HERE I COME!!" I don't degrade any art, but I don't appreciate being spoon fed crap either :mad: So don't try to tell me otherwise.

You can say what you want, I have heard these things from very viable sources.

Shaolin Kempo? Shorinji Kempo(they are about as close to Shaolin Monks as you will get outside of China) is the only art that could REALLY be called Shaolin Kempo. If your not from that lineage its sure as hell isnt Shaolin, and I suggest asking some questions. Why? Because the Shaolin consist of Northern China Temple, Fukien, etc etc we all know this. KEMPO IS A JAPANESE WORD! If its Shaolin Chuan Fa, then there you go, its Chinese. What style of Chuan Fa is it? Who knows, there are hundreds, atleast you can be sure its Chinese. There was an article in BB Mag about a Shaolin Kempo guy. The second I saw the words I sighed.. He however did have training in Black Tiger and China Na so he was atleast somewhat viable. Nonethless, the applications I saw were once again VERY karate-like. He also stated in there that he went to the Shaolin Temple in China and that the monks were "very pleased with his combat applications" or something. Boy, I would sure love to explore all thier incredibly useful WUSHU applications! Come on people... By the way, if someone wants to change my mind by saying that thier kid has a blackbelt in Shaolin Kempo and its great, please don't bother. (I read it in one of the posts) Your kid has a blackbelt in Kempo, so what? There are many blackbelts in the world and I am going to say that 70% of them don't deserve it. As for your kid, he might be great and thats fine. Just don't try to use that as an arguement! I don't see any Honda Firebirds driving around, do you? Yet there is SHAOLIN KEMPO.

Ralph Castro's Shaolin Kempo is Chow Kempo. Like I said, about as Shaolin as I am Egyptian Royality.

Lets take a look at Chinese Kara Ho Kempo, another Chow related art. Can anyone tell me with a straight face this is any more then Karate with maybe different terms? (most are still Japanese terms anyways) Sorry guys, the only thing "Chinese" about this art is the name.

I hate to be so critical because who really cares if its Chinese, Russian, or African? As long as it WORKS; its fine. But you wouldn't call Kali a Polish Martial Art would you? So lets atleast get the records STRAIGHT.

In the end I saw a very agreeable post:

"This is a CHINESE MARTIAL ARTS discussion board, Kempo has NO relation within 600 - 800 years to chinese arts, Kempo is a JAPANESE art that was influenced prior to 1500 by chinese arts."

Thank you, thank you very much. I guess I didn't ingest any strange mushrooms today by mistake, after all.

Like I said before I don't degrade any art. I am sure there are low quality Kempo/Kenpo schools out there like in ANY ART. They all have the potential to shine.

Phew I am done.

"When you serpate the truth from the false, you serperate the men from the boys."

Always seeking to learn,
    Kong Jianshen
    Humble disciple of the ancient Boxing Arts

rogue Guest
    French fries are Chinese? :confused:

Tigerstyle Guest

French fries were inspired by the Chinese? ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This is a CHINESE MARTIAL ARTS discussion board, Kempo has NO relation within 600 - 800 years to chinese arts, Kempo is a JAPANESE art that was influenced prior to 1500 by chinese arts.[/quote]I read a few posts cheering about this quote. Does that mean that non-Chinese stylists are not welcome here? Are some people so stubborn that they feel they can't learn anything from a non-KF style? Ridiculous. I hope most of the people on this forum don't want to hang out in a segregated, prejudiced forum. I certainly don't

Kong Jianshen Guest
    You know what I meant :D I should have worded the sentence a little better. Rouge, the world would be a much better place without your backwards sarcasm! ;)

Tigerstlye: I like the quote because of it's information. I don't care if TKD, Jujitsu, Hap ki Do, Kung Fu, San Soo, Flaming Monking, I used to be Daga, stylists post here. Its all good! Every MA has something to offer. I don't recall anywhere in my post stating that Kenpo and other Non CMA arts should go back home to a Karate board. Funny, I have posted MANY times about Non CMA arts, in questions, answers, every side of the coin. It sounds like your looking for someone to blast, your looking in the wrong direction!

When I go to sleep I am haunted by images of Karate guys posting in CMA boards and Kung Fu guys posting on JMA boards.. and I wake up screaming! Where did we go wrong?!

Hey, I can use a little backwards sarcasm too. :p

Always seeking to learn,
    Kong Jianshen

Tigerstyle Guest

I apologize, Kong,

It was not my intent to blast any specific person, just the general attitude that the quote in question MAY imply. I see clearly from your post(s) that you are not looking to bash any style, you are just against the spreading of misinformation. I agree with that feeling. I should have been clear in stating that I was only commenting on the quote.

I feel that saying, "Kempo has NO relation within 600 - 800 years to chinese arts, Kempo is a JAPANESE art that was influenced prior to 1500 by chinese arts." gets the point across just fine. The line I have beef with is, "This is a CHINESE MARTIAL ARTS discussion board, Kempo has NO relation..."

or even (more general):
    "This is a CHINESE MARTIAL ARTS discussion board, (Insert Non-KF Style Here) has NO relation yadda yadda...Why do they post here?"

I have read variations of this line a few times in the past on previous posts (usually in resonse to something some troll/BJJ dude said :) ). I know it doesn't always mean the person who said it wants all non-KF people to leave, and I also know that the same line probably gets used on a Shotokan or Kenpo forum (against non-Shotokan/non-Kenpo posters). I just wanted to say that when I read it, I feel it sends out a biased attitude. Almost as if that the person wants those with different views or beliefs to not post anything that he/she may not agree with.

Kong, you feel strongly against the spreading of false info. I feel just as strongly against biased/closed-minded feelings. I am sorry if you read my post as an attack against you.

BUT: I do feel you are pretty outspoken for a "Humble disciple of the ancient Boxing Arts" ;) j/k.

Kong Jianshen Guest
    Tigerstyle I've said it once, i'll say it again, you the man! :D

I am glad on this board, someone still has a voice of maturity and integrity. Im also glad someone is with me against the spread of misinformation. In your defense I was actually thinking I probally should have cut the "This is a CHINESE MARTIAL ARTS discussion board" part because it did kinda sound like it was saying "non CMA artists, post elsewhere." So I agree with you wholly on that. I don't think the orginal poster meant that tho, so I left it in. Boy, his quote sure has become famous :D

By the way, thanks to you, I found that Karate Movie we were talking about a couple weeks back. Remember? About the guy fighting in the Jail cell? Well I simply had to own it! I am now the proud owner of Sonny Chiba's the Streetfighter! :)
    I am still shocked Ratnose bit the dust.. hehe

Heres some new movie info by the way if anyone liked the old Conan flicks. (You KNOW I sure did, own both those babies even tho the second one sucked :) Anyway, they are soon going to start filming the 3rd Conan the Barbarian movie. Arnold will be in it, it hasn't been said tho whether he will play Conan or not. I am literally going to do everything possible to be the first person in line for this one. I am a Conan freak, Crom! I heard its going to be viscous, realstic, bloody and much like the book. Those Lord of the Ring movies look promising too. Well im done.

Have a good night everyone.

"Son, trust no one. Harden your body. Become a number one man! And never let anyone beat you!"
    --Streetfighter

ps: Here is some martial arts trvia. It just so happens the brutal Dog Brothers got thier name when one of the founders was reading a Conan Comic book and heard Conan say "Come on you Dog Brothers!"

Anything inspired by Conan is going to have some decent measure of violence :D

Always seeking to learn,
    Kong Jianshen

MASTERMAN Guest

Hey Kong I wish you knew Kenpo history better....

Kong and others,

It is sad that you are frustrated with Kenpo folk.

First of all, you do me a dishonor. You assume I am Ameriacan Kenpo stylist. I am not I am a Traditional Kenpo stylist. I am different from American Kenpo. I am a War Art with training in healing and honor.

My roots go back over 800 years in Japan and Okinawa. Before then to Shaolin - Chuan Fa.

Is this so hard to believe. We were and are known as a War Art. What you see sometimes is a pale version of what my Art is.

Don't be so quick to judge. Are you Really learning Original Kung Fu or a variation.

As far as Chow ( student of Mitose) is concerned he never taught sets or forms. Neither did James Mitose. Important fact they were known for self applications that were to the point and real!!!

Come workout with me and experience what REAL Traditional Kenpo is about... and our link with China.

You Have The Power,

Dave S ;)

rogue Guest
    Kong, you mean you were just kidding about being the Prince of Egypt? :eek:

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Traditional kempo is a great art, and so is American kempo.

I fail to see why they or their practitioners wouldn't be welcome at a CMA forum, as CMAs have been learning from other arts for as long as they've been around.

yamato_damashii Guest
    test

Jason C. Diederich

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/shaolinninjamarine/" TARGET="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/shaolinninjamarine/</A>

jutsow Guest
    i thought i could liven things up a little bit

Rei Guest

WOA BUDDY!!!!

dontu dare bash wushu dude its as good as any other kungfu if u do the real stuff. sure competition wushu is useless but the real one can kick any ass just like wing chun, choy lee fut, hung gar, N praying mantis or any other kungfu so get it straight idiot

*To conquer others, you must first conquer yourself*