Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what would you do

what would you do

I have just been told by my teacher that a person has put himself on the "ving tsun archives" as having learnt the whole system off him and is now running a class in the hunter.
    I started the same time as him and I know who he is, I know he only got up to the second trap in our school. There are three of us that are learning biu jee and we are the furthest along of anyone.
    Now my first thought was to just go see him and have it out. But with legal crap now days, I'm thinking of going to his school when it is running and tell all his students thats he is a faud. Its his students that are being fooled so I think they should know. He could also just take a beating and still run his school.
    Well what would you guys do?

Benny

This problem has been happening forever in Ving Tsun. Unfortunately there is nothing that anybody can do about it. The only thing you can hope for is that his students realize that he is a fraud as I did when I encountered the same problem, and they leave accordingly.

A fool will only believe what another fool tells him. Somebody with a bit of intelligence will find the correct way.

GH

Blog Entries
    If my CMA brother is teaching, I'll try to help him as much as I can. I will never think about pulling his leg and make him look bad in front of his students.

pop along to his class and explain that your sifu would like to invite him back to the fold of the family, to complete his training...
    When it does happen, it's fast and hard and over quick. Either I'm standing or he's standing. That's Real.
    nospam

You type because you have fingers. Not because you have logic.
    Phil Redmond

here something new how about leaving him alone. why do you want to go to his place of business and shout him out as a fraud. to protect his students. did your sifu ask you to go and do this or is it your idea. what happens if you go and get your ass handed to you then what?

So you seem to be saying that you wouldn't mind if you were paying someone to learn and they had actually learnt from books and videos not how he says. Well I may be different but I would be really ****ed and their is nothing worse then wasting your training and worse, ingraining the wrong reflexes which takes hours and hours to retrain. So you wouldn't go to a shop that was ripping people off and tell the customers? "hey thats not chicken its dog"
    And don't worry I may be heaps smaller but if I didn't beat him (considering I used to throw him around as he would never train properly) one of my fellow students would be more then enough.

Per Jack White:

And the message coming from my eyes
    Says leave it alone

You can't do anything about this that will have a good outcome. This has happened several times with both my WC and BJJ instructors.

Living and training well is the best revenge.

ingraining the wrong reflexes which takes hours and hours to retrain
    Personally I think the is TMA propaganda used to stop students training with other instructors and perhaps a better teacher, or at least learning to think for themselves. Not saying that the situation doesn't suck.
    Last edited by anerlich; 10-11-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    So you seem to be saying that you wouldn't mind if you were paying someone to learn and they had actually learnt from books and videos not how he says. Well I may be different but I would be really ****ed and their is nothing worse then wasting your training and worse, ingraining the wrong reflexes which takes hours and hours to retrain. So you wouldn't go to a shop that was ripping people off and tell the customers? "hey thats not chicken its dog"
    And don't worry I may be heaps smaller but if I didn't beat him (considering I used to throw him around as he would never train properly) one of my fellow students would be more then enough.

More than likely, lots of people would be ticked off if they were paying money to learn what your teacher is supposedly trying to teach you. More than likely he is telling you he is teaching you how to fight and use your skills for self-defense while ingraining the wrong reflexes in you.

Hi Benny
    Hows things in the Hunter mate???

I wouldnt worry about it...... its not your responsability to ensure eveyone gets sound WC training in your area and , besides, the serious people that start training with him will soon work out wether he is rubbish or not

How is Bill by the way and do you still see or hear from my old sparring partner Anthony??

Regards
    Glenn

You should probably show up with a sign that says "hisschoolname is closed." Then if he can beat you in combat and dramatically smash the sign, he gets to stay open.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    I used to throw him around as he would never train properly ...
    One more friend is not too many but one more enemy may be all you need. I hate to see one day someone knocks on you door, and requests his teacher reputation back when you are 80 years old. You may be bad ass today and enjoy to put down others, but you will be old someday. If you are kind to others, others will be kind to you too.

What happen to the traditional Wude here?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-11-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Go to his school and call him out on it might make him crumble or think twice....

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    More than likely, lots of people would be ticked off if they were paying money to learn what your teacher is supposedly trying to teach you. More than likely he is telling you he is teaching you how to fight and use your skills for self-defense while ingraining the wrong reflexes in you.
    Lets face it Dale, you're fu/cking clueless, so how on earth would you be able to discriminate between crap and useful methods of teaching?

Your case of verbal diarrhoea is getting worse by the week.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

Let it go until if and when you cross paths with him or some of his students.

Then you might decide to call him out or expose him to his students.

Or you just might decide...."f___k it."

But to go out of your way to do one or both of those things isn't worth your while - as it will put you in a bad light.

Hey glen. Both bill and anthony are good. Bill still in china but comes over every year atleast once for some months.
    My problem is not that he is teaching. Its that he is using our name. Especially to call himnself a barry lee school. Only 5-6 people are allowed to have Barry schools. We have other guys that are teaching but they dont lie about how long they were with us, that is the problem.
    Ok knifefighter ill bite. So are you saying that its OK to train for a little bit of time then claim to know the whole system. Oh wait up. Isn't that what happen to the people that invented the brazilian judo stuff you have a black belt in. They learnt off meada (sp?) for less then a year before he left brazil and complete made up the style latter calling it jujitsu even though the were doing judo. So I guess I should ask you. How does it feel to have someone that didnt learn the whole judo system then create a style and make you pay to learn it.