Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: This thread is way too good to be kept on the internal martial arts forum...

goju
    To be fair randi refused to fly in a gentleman for study who claimed he survied entirely on some type of yoga thing called prawna.
    PRANA is the sanskrit word for Chi, qi...................
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

i think this guy could pass the test.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fc0bI5CPuk

however i am sure randi would have soome excuses not to pay him. just like i am sure he would say my friends and i who break concrete and coconuts, that it is all physics,yet he would not be able to recreate it withoout the use of some type of object such as a hammer, not that i have mystical qi abilities before someone mistakes what i said and jumps on me.
    also do oyu remmeber "jon chang"??? alot of is abilities were measured with scientific instruments,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8

not sure i go for everything, but then again i have seen some unbeleiveable stuff from my teachers,so who knows. we as humans cannot explain everythhing in the universe,though we would like to think so. we seem to tink we have elevated ourselves to the point where everything can be explained in science,yet we are very ,very young in america,whereas the rest of the world is ancient,so who knows what is out there in some corner of the world. we all contain energy and some can manipulate it more than others.
    Last edited by teetsao; 10-11-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teetsao View Post

however i am sure randi would have soome excuses not to pay him. just like i am sure he would say my friends and i who break concrete and coconuts, that it is all physics,yet he would not be able to recreate it withoout the use of some type of object such as a hammer, not that i have mystical qi abilities before someone mistakes what i said and jumps on me.
    also do oyu remmeber "jon chang"??? alot of is abilities were measured with scientific instruments,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8

not sure i go for everything, but then again i have seen some unbeleiveable stuff from my teachers,so who knows. we as humans cannot explain everythhing in the universe,though we would like to think so. we seem to tink we have elevated ourselves to the point where everything can be explained in science,yet we are very ,very young in america,whereas the rest of the world is ancient,so who knows what is out there in some corner of the world. we all contain energy and some can manipulate it more than others.
    LOL... my brother is a professional magician and he can do all that easily. Anyone who understands basic sleight of hand can see that he is a phony.

"Master Joe" would never be able to do the heat treatments if there was someone in the room who understood his sleight of hand. Same thing with making himself lighter.

Again, anyone who had these powers would be under contract to governments and business worldwide.

What this does prove, however, is how easy it is to dupe the TMA crowd.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    LOL sheesh! no...um,
    not like that....

(nice one, KF)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I love how they try to lend it an air of scientific credibility by including a patient that is an MD and the infrared camera. But let's see, doctors can be fooled just as easily as anyone else and all the infrared camera showed was that he was using friction to heat up his palms.

The paper walking thing had to do with the fact that he's a little asian guy and
    he displaced his weight across two feet and walked slowly. The host was bigger, stepped with one foot and stepped quickly onto the paper (generating more force)

No one can change how much they weigh by thinking it so, but they can change how that weight is distributed and whether they add force to their steps by stepping quickly.

It's all within the laws of physics.

I agree with you that we should not shut the door on Eastern practices. It's an "experiment' that's been running for thousands of years and there's a lot of empirical data there even if the theories about why things work (or don't) needs to be reconciled with modern knowledge.

I've also experienced some pretty amazing skill on the part of my taiji teacher that seems to defy human abilities and would need some kind of supernatural explanation. But mostly I think it boils down to a subtle understanding of the human body. None of it requires a belief in the paranormal.

Things like levitation, telekinesis, mind-reading, etc. etc. are bogus. We can reject them outright because they blatantly conflict with scientific knowledge. This is a deep topic and I could go on forever...but I'll spare everyone by ending here.

EO

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    The paper walking thing had to do with the fact that he's a little asian guy and
    he displaced his weight across two feet and walked slowly. The host was bigger, stepped with one foot and stepped quickly onto the paper (generating more force)
    More than likely they were also "his" paper platforms and I can pretty much guarantee they were not structurally the same.

There is a reason these guys can't do the same things when outside people supply the equipment.

... all the infrared camera showed was that he was using friction to heat up his palms.
    There was more to it than that, and that's the reason he needed the towel to be rolled up. Can't do the trick without the rolled up towel.

There was more to it than that, and that's the reason he needed the towel to be rolled up. Can't do the trick without the rolled up towel.
    Maybe he was adding two chemicals together to produce an exothermic reaction (eg like those heating pads that go into gloves or ski boots).

Anyway you slice there's a NATURAL explanation for what he was doing.

EO

Maybe he was adding two chemicals together to produce an exothermic reaction (eg like those heating pads that go into gloves or ski boots).

Anyway you slice there's a NATURAL explanation for what he was doing.

EO
    Of course there is and that's why he can't do it without the towels. Of course he will tell you that he needs the towels to "absorb" some of the energy, otherwise the patient might get burned (neglecting the fact that the person already has clothes covering the area), or that he needs the "special" towels to "disperse" the energy.

They might as well call this a chi sau seminar or even better a push hands seminar. Do away with the mystical description and call it what it is. Sticky hands galore!

Tentigers,
    Why do you pretend to be so naive? You have not experienced it so you do not know what it is and therefore cannot judge? It is obviously a push hands seminar. If you pretended to be this dumb in grade school you would still be there. Luckily in the Kung fu world they allow for the dumbness. The dumber one is the more qi he is building, the more skilled he is, and the need to show teh realz in a video is completely thrown out.

Kung fu is just like The Matrix. You are all asleep and being probed in the anus by the machines. You want to believe so badly that you cannot feel the pain and suffering your anus is feeling.

In other words John Painter, whoever, is trying to f*ck you out of cash that you could have:
    1. Given to me to spend on strippers
    2. Thrown off a bridge
    3. Donated to some bogus Haitian recovery fund.

Anyone who spends money on this deserves the anal probing machines. You say he and Dale are dedicated practitioners trying to pass on info. Moteley Crue was dedicated to heroine. Just because they are dedicated does not mean they have anything worthy to pass on.

Tentigers,
    Go to the seminar. Record some of it. Learn it. And then apply it against someone who is really trying to hit you. If you are not willing to do any of that than you are as bad as us. Based on your argument you cannot defend this seminar because you have not "felt" it. So either go or stfu. You are too much of a wuss to admit the big gorilla in the room. You are one of those people that would not tell Johnny he sucks at gym because he is too fat. You would tell him he needs to go to a school with other fat people around and then he will do fine in gym. Mr. Politically Correct would never diss anything.
    Last edited by MysteriousPower; 10-11-2010 at 08:54 PM.

knifefighter; if you look at 4:32 of the video and then on, the camera is looking at and measureing his hand and not just the paper towel. you can see the center of his hand white in the flir.
    as i said before i am sure some things are fake, but i am convinced this is not. now why in the wrld would the gov. or anyone else want to talk to him?? they might want to do away with him so people still have to go to western drs. and get pills that dont work. as the patient said in the video,western medecine did not help hime, but this man did. so that is all that matters. i ave witnessed light body skill in person. you still weight the same on the scale but it is manipulating the body.
    please demo the "trick" to this in a video for us to see,but it needs to look legit,dont make it so everyone knows whats up.

knifefighter; if you look at 4:32 of the video and then on, the camera is looking at and measureing his hand and not just the paper towel. you can see the center of his hand white in the flir.
    as i said before i am sure some things are fake, but i am convinced this is not. now why in the wrld would the gov. or anyone else want to talk to him?? they might want to do away with him so people still have to go to western drs. and get pills that dont work. as the patient said in the video,western medecine did not help hime, but this man did. so that is all that matters. i ave witnessed light body skill in person. you still weight the same on the scale but it is manipulating the body.
    please demo the "trick" to this in a video for us to see,but it needs to look legit,dont make it so everyone knows whats up.
    Now I understand why you were fooled by the Mook Jong clip.

I ain't one to say this is true or not. It's one of those things where I'd really have to be there to say yay or nay.

If I made an assumption based off of a youtube video without any additional research, I'd be no better than HW108.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

wooden dummy????

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    I can easily find videos of John Painter and his cohorts as well and none of them are ever of him fighting. The difference between him and I is that I don't pawn myself off as skilled at anything or try to steal peoples' money by teaching them bs.
    You're flattering yourself. The difference between him and you is that he demonstrates some basis for his claims, however incomplete it may be on YouTube, whereas you demonstrate nothing at all. Yet somehow you expect to be taken seriously, more seriously than he is.

Well I haven't seen the Power, but I can see the Mystery.

I don't know why practitioners with perfectly legitimate skills perpetuate this pseudo-mystical non-sense (some of my past teachers included).

If John Painter really has these "magnetic body" skills then he shouldn't be wasting his time teaching seminars for $, he can directly pass go and collect $1 million dollars...details below:

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

The million dollar challenge is a fraud perpetuated by and for morons who mistake themselves for the intellectual elite.

"Master Joe" would never be able to do the heat treatments if there was someone in the room who understood his sleight of hand. Same thing with making himself lighter.

Again, anyone who had these powers would be under contract to governments and business worldwide.

What this does prove, however, is how easy it is to dupe the TMA crowd.
    Among the people who have actually met Zhou, there are many willing to defend him.

I would never wish for anyone on this forum to get their smug ass kicked around the room. That is against wude. All I'm saying is, if it happens, please get the whole thing on video. I want to hear that guy explaining how he cannot be beaten "by some qi hugger", right before he gets thrashed "by some qi hugger". That makes for a more entertaining clip.