Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: why is wing chun kuen wing chun kuen?

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    the last 100 years includes YKS, YP, SN, CHC and Fung Chun among others. are you saying they didn't fight?
    Of course our ancestors fought. But you seem to think there is world-class level fighting and then not fighting -- as if skill was a binary (you either got it or you don't) sort of thing.

Fighting skill comes ONLY from fighting, and you are only as good as the people you train/spar/fight with. While many of our ancestors fought, they weren't going around fighting the very best, most skillful people from around the world (as people are today). Not only that, but the training method of TMAs is grossly inferior to the modern sport model of training.

in my opinion, there is no "fighting for real" unless you're in a real fight, life and death. does anybody here go looking for that kind of experience? even if you win, it could start something that gets out of control, each side seeking revenge for their losses.
    And that opinion tells me that you don't fight or realistically spar -- as this view is only held by theoretical nonfighters. Realistic fighting skills work anywhere (gym, ring, back alley, etc.) and in any fighting situation.

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    the last 100 years includes YKS, YP, SN, CHC and Fung Chun among others. are you saying they didn't fight?
    Yes they fought.
    They also didnt sit around a computer arguing wether any given technic was practical or not. They would go out and test it for real.
    Pretty much the only way to settle things.

That being said there is still much difference between the mindset you see when you live in a world where every encounter can be your last and living in a world where you can pick up the pieces after loosing a fight and go train for the next.

Look its really easy to figure out if your sifu has "doctored" on one of the traditional martial arts.

1) does the art now contain flowery motions with wide technics
    2) does he start using lines like "if I do this technic, he will do that technic"

Both of the above show that the school doesnt engage in any actual fighting or IF they do, its only kept inhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    And in the last 100 years their hasnt been a big need for the "0ld" type of fighting so people have "improved" on the technics, theoretically.
    IMHO,

what my concern is in the last 100 years we have even lost our power generation process and no longer be able to produce the result as those in the past.

look at today, there are so much resistance of what every one think WCK when it comes to trying to pin point what it is, people dont like what they learn isnt WCK but then dont know what is WCK. Thus, there is all these fear and attack when subject is brought up to defence their own lineage, and then power generation signature and process is almost a totally default to the boxing, TKD.... deadweight lifthing type. we got an issue here.

As we could see from the Kyokushin breaking WCK rapid fire clip in the other thread, if one doesnt have the seal off before attack one is going to get into trouble. if one is going to use the same type of power generation with the boxer without the training of mobility of the boxer one is going to get into trouble simply one is not par at all. So you want to take advantage of his momentum to seal him off, and if your power generation is the same with his and rusty. forget about timing, you lost there already. IMHO.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-04-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    IMHO,

what my concern is in the last 100 years we have even lost our power generation process and no longer be able to produce the result as those in the past.
    That must suck that even with all your mix-matched Wc, you still lost your power generation and can't produce any results (probably why you got dumped on your butt that time with a Weng Chun Master).. I'm glad that your problem isn't the norm for th rest of us, that must be real frustrating!!

(maybe next time you should just speak for yourself and leave the 'we' out of your statements when admitting you have no power )
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    That must suck that even with all your mix-matched Wc, you still lost your power generation and can't produce any results (probably why you got dumped on your butt that time with a Weng Chun Master).. I'm glad that your problem isn't the norm for th rest of us, that must be real frustrating!!

(maybe next time you should just speak for yourself and leave the 'we' out of your statements when admitting you have no power )

It is your own problem to identify that we as you.

making up story, bullying, twisted rumous, explode based on your own emotion...etc

Your posts show your characters isnt it? Look that the evidence in this forum.

The more you practice the above the more people see you have nothing to contribute but lots of misbehavior.

Why waste your life?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-04-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    It is your own problem to identify that we as you.

making up story, bullying, twisted rumous, explode based on your own emotion...etc

Your posts show your characters isnt it? Look that the evidence in this forum.

The more you practice the above the more people see you have nothing to contribute but lots of misbehavior.

Why waste your life?
    I actually think JPinAZ brings up quite a valid point.

The main problem with Hendrik's threads such as this one "why is wing chun kuen wing chun kuen?" is exactly what JP points out. Hendrik's problem with WCK is one he attributes to all WCK families and practitioners. He tries to make up histories and evidence of some connection that may pertain to his own family WCK, but then applies them to all and calls all not like his not legitimate.

Then when someone disagrees, he says they are "making up stories, being a bully, twisting rumors, and exploding based upon their own emotion".

Actually, when you look at it objectively, maybe Hendrik's accusations here are "projecting" his own issues onto someone else.

Exactly my point Dave!

When some says "what my concern is in the last 100 years we have even lost our power generation process and no longer be able to produce the result as those in the past. " they are implying 'we' as a community, which he has no experience, authority or background to do.
    I was making a correction/distinction that maybe in Hendrik's case (by 'we', he can only be referring to himself, his students, and/or his lineage) he's lost some very basic yet important mechanics for WC. And that would suck to feel like that I bet! But that's as far as his 'we' goes! No bullying there, no emotion, or anything else he tries to paint it as.

Which makes me think, maybe Hendrick should man up and grow some friggin balls! Look how sensitive he is, always whining and crying about someone picking on him when he's the one constantly putting everyone else down, deleting threads that don't go his way, crying when dumped on his butt 'that's not wing chun!' (like he knows ), blah blah blah..

this is a dam kung fu forum!
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 11-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90