Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bajiquan

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I guess he likes solo practice.

I am guessing that Bawang was exiled from China for rubbing his balls in front of government officials.

It was attitudes like that which made me think that Bawang was Lkfmdc.

Apparently she was a woman before giving birth to him....

This forum is full of ball rubbers. The practic MMA but then rub their balls fantasizing about being authentic kung fu exponents....LOL

I would have branded him too if I had a ranch.

LOL! He is just cool~ haha! unique and exclusive at KFM only, haha! KFM sounds like something have to do with KFC.. do we get any chicken here? or just Nacho?
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    I am not sure what the baji style's force is like, do you have any guidlines?
    Again, my understanding of Baji is limited to my readings. From what I have gathered, the harsh stance training together with stance transference training creates certain body unity faculties that combine with breathing and sometimes ground stomping to transfer the energy and power from ground to the fists, to create penetrative strikes.

I guess that my understanding is too general, but it is all I have as regards Baji.

LOL! He is just cool~ haha! unique and exclusive at KFM only, haha! KFM sounds like something have to do with KFC.. do we get any chicken here? or just Nacho?
    I think we get more turkeys than anything else...

Again, my understanding of Baji is limited to my readings. From what I have gathered, the harsh stance training together with stance transference training creates certain body unity faculties that combine with breathing and sometimes ground stomping to transfer the energy and power from ground to the fists, to create penetrative strikes.

I guess that my understanding is too general, but it is all I have as regards Baji.
    Stomping techniques is used in many forms too, I have done so myself and it does work well. I also trained the 12 and 10 roads Tan Tui (spring kick) of northern shaolin before which also use this stomping method. *10 roads is from Cha CHuan (查拳).*

Do you do baji yourself? or got any video of yourself doing it?

I also have saw "Ng Lin Chi"'s baji which is way different than this you posted initially. His is more high stance style but the force is used more sudden and chained. Not fast though, just linked and chained. *Ng Lin Chi* is one of the authority in baji now, I think he is a lineage holder or something.. gotta check first, not sure.

--
    got a video~
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDczMzA4OA==.html
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

I think we get more turkeys than anything else...
    Turkeys?! where do we get all that?!

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/A1InqYpQWx8/

this server is faster, full DVD 1 hr of baji with Ng Lin Chi sifu, he is very famous in baji, you can look at his baji here with a very different vibe.

checked, NG LIN CHI is baji style 7th generation lineage holder, yep, very high in the ladder he is! Nobody can say baji he do is not good, haha!

It's like when you want to look at Ip Man Wingchun now, who can say they are better than Ip Chun? haha!
    Last edited by CYMac; 05-06-2011 at 10:38 PM.

I find this Bajiquan form beautifully performed, so I thought I would post it for those here who actually practic kung fu to appreciate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqdb5fyc2M

no disrespect to this guy. but baby powder? and all that kung fu movie stuff....yea not for me, his movements were good. but when youve seen someone like adam hsu do it...then you know what great baiji is.
    Last edited by doug maverick; 05-06-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Do you do baji yourself? or got any video of yourself doing it?
    No, I have never done Baji. My experience is limited to Wing Chun and Chow Gar.

--
    Interesting video, even though for some reason I could not see the whole thing. I will try to see the rest later on when I wake up. It is very late here in Colombia, so I am going to bed soon.

No, I have never done Baji. My experience is limited to Wing Chun and Chow Gar.

--

Interesting video, even though for some reason I could not see the whole thing. I will try to see the rest later on when I wake up. It is very late here in Colombia, so I am going to bed soon.
    Ah~ I see! Chow Gar mantis? that's tough too!

I don't know why the server for those movies are so slow too, it's really slow for the china servers, and sometimes people just kept on lagging for hours, haha! But at least we got a chance to see it though, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    no disrespect to this guy. but baby powder? and all that kung fu movie stuff....yea not for me, his movements were good. but when youve seen someone like adam hsu do it...then you know what great baiji is.
    Adam Hsu from taiwan? I saw his stuff as well, um.. yes it's great but the guy in the video with the sand set is nice too because he is demonstrating in a "production for sale" and so of course they need all that movie stuff to make the VCD better for your viewing pleasure.. now people do these VCDs with chromakey set as well, (green screen) and you can see they start to integrate more and more movie making stuff into these DVD as well. It's art, you gotta be relax and open mind to enjoy it more, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    I am not qualified enough in Baji to pass judgment on who is the better exponent, speciallly taking into consideration different lineages and "personalities", but if you see yourself as qualified enough to do so, then that is fine too.....

I am no Bajiquan expert, but I know a thing or two about kung fu. The man's movements were precise, he had good stances and seemed to have good power release. To my eyes he performed the form beautifully, and if you check my original post, then you will see that this was the reason I gave for posting the video.
    Yes, I agreed already that his movements were precise his stances however, were, from a classical Baji perspective, garbage. I can't tell on the opening stance without a side view but the "horse" stance on the initial elbow strike (0:25) is comically wide. It's not even possible to land that elbow when it doesn't even reach past your lead foot. The knees are splayed outwards in violation of the quanpu and he has zero power being delivered to the elbow. The way he plays it, the elbow is placed in position and then the hand whips around. That's not an elbow strike. The next move (0:28) is supposed to be a big sweeping forearm smash or at least something like a Choi Li Fut sau choi. Again, he's crisp but there's not wait power in the movement. It's crisp like a breakdancer. The punch at (0:31) is a pet peeve of mine because I see even "traditional" Baji players often do it this way....the rear elbow is raised really high behind him but that's just for show. It's a stupid modern Wushu convention that has slipped into even many traditionalists's forms. It robs power and serves no tactical purpose. The rear hand should be pulled back near the waist or ribs, not held at head level and the trajectory on this guys punching hand is like some sort of weird sideways hammerfist. He's not even punching with it. He does a big flowery sweep into position. At (0:35) another bit of classic modern Wushu nonsense as he draws a big circle in the air with his left hand before slowly chambering it at his waist? ???

I could go on like this through the whole video. There's no martial applicability to the majority of the moves the way he's doing them, no waist power, no full body fa-jin, his stances are too wide and too low, no rounded back/waist. etc.
    The man in the video is a practioner of the Shanxi styleo of Baji. Are you familiar with this lineage? He can also be seen in other video clips in Youtube, giving instruction.
    No such thing as "Shaanxi" style of Baji. You mispelled it btw. It's only important because Shaanxi/陕西 needs to be distinguished from Shanxi/山西. I didn't see his teaching clips and couldn't tell what school he is affiliated. If you point me to some of those clips then I could probably comment more specifically.

If you practic Baji and think you can perform that same form better, then fine, perhaps you can post a video of it...
    Sure thing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8G9FW5hM3U
    My form is a hell of a lot uglier and not nearly as precise as his but the power is much better and the body requirements are, for the most part, being met. Most importantly, my movements pretty much all work in a scrap. I threw up a couple samples you can see here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APqBOL3Sn04

smartthefish,

I saw your video, and I can say your baji looks more like a mantis hopper more than a baji though. The legs aren't even landed to fully go extreme in power and then you already jumped to the next move, that's way too fast for a baji form which is not even close to the meaning of baji. If you see baji by NG LIN CHI, as I posted above, he is the baiji's 7th generation lineage holder, you can't say he is wrong haha! Look at how he does it and you will see that yours is way too into ultra-speed, looks like yours is way more wushu based than the initial video with the sand set to me!~

The way why the person in the initial video with the sand set do the form in a lower stance is not because he is from wushu school, it's because it's a way to train and you must not always think about each move's martial application when you do a form. That's wrong. Doing a form is doing a form. As most styles do the form starting easy, then go low stance, then go higher stance and then refine to the normal stance. That is a process of building the foundation of the practitioner's stance and footwork. Also to build strength. In many styles, the forms varies because of the need to build a foundation in the body as well. So they looks like they don't make "sense" if you look at it in a combat perspective. But if you train with the form, you feel the boost of energy and power really quick. so it's different.

Don't forget, baji is about "extreme" and is about power, not about speed and quick moving or jumping. It's not a spring that bounce around to hit people, it's a canon that attune it's angle and do all the math and then strike out to unleash the power. As I say, please look at the world's #1 baji representative, NG LIN CHI, he will tell and show you what it's all about.

CYMac,

You have never actually trained Baji yourself so I am not really inclined to discuss the issue with you. Your performance is clearly a copy from one of the Wu-Tan guys. IMO, you copied it from Adam Hsu's performance.

I am not a really big fan of Wu Lian Zhi's Baji. (the guy you posted from Tudou.com: 吴连枝)

He's 7th generation? So what? I'm 8th gneration, but more to the point, from a totally different branch. IMO, his Baji is more Pigua power than anything else. I have a whole list of criticisms with his style just as I have criticisms of the Wu-Tan style that Adam Hsu represents, but, since you really don't have any foundation in Bajiquan yourself, I don't see any point in discussing stylistic variants with you.
    Last edited by omarthefish; 05-07-2011 at 03:04 AM.

You will, when you eventually start practicing authentic kung fu.....
    What is authentic kung fu?
    I have a signature.