Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 三招了(San Zhao Liao) - 3 moves combo

Oh my GAWD!!!!

I've been accused of fantasy fu!!!

I would ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU if nothing was done at the outset to impair the opponent in order to make the folowing techniques work.

I would not consider what I posted as carved in stone either. What if the initial attempt at impairment fails? What then? The real question is not just "Are you ready for 'what then?' "; but simply, "ARE YOU READY?"

Such trainings should be considered lessons in body mechanics, techniques, and possibly theory. The real deal (ability) comes from FIGHTING. You cannot get around it.

Knifefighter, don't you know this stuff already?

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Oh my GAWD!!!!

I've been accused of fantasy fu!!!

I would ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU if nothing was done at the outset to impair the opponent in order to make the folowing techniques work.

I would not consider what I posted as carved in stone either. What if the initial attempt at impairment fails? What then? The real question is not just "Are you ready for 'what then?' "; but simply, "ARE YOU READY?"

Such trainings should be considered lessons in body mechanics, techniques, and possibly theory. The real deal (ability) comes from FIGHTING. You cannot get around it.

Knifefighter, don't you know this stuff already?

mickey
    I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    I rest my case.

Your case for what. You being a lonely midget who has insecurity issues? Me and Kc already proved that in court months ago to much applause.

Really man get a glass of prune juice and wheel you hover round over to a gal friday next door at the old folks home and make a night of it. Wasting your days on here isnt good for you
    Last edited by goju; 10-16-2010 at 10:59 AM.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Dudes, does every thread have to become rife with personal attacks?
    Ever read Bullshido? You find a thread and then you have to wade through page after page of personal attacks and bullshido to find a decent post.
    Please, don't let this forum turn into that.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

yes when i came back here it apparently turned into a flame board

so join in ten tigers you ******* **** jerk

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Knifefighter,

I had the opportunity to view the fight clip you posted of yourself. I think is a great thing to want to take your ability to the next level. From what I saw, and I write this not to diss, you could actually benefit from 3 moves combo training. Sometimes it is necessary to take a step back in order to take a few steps forward. What did I find missing in your clip? The ability to finish off your opponent. Just being in the ring with someone sticking, jabbing and clinching will not save you in a street encounter. And the element of surprise is such a great equalizer.

mickey

Blog Entries
    Even when you fight 24/7, you still need to know strategy, set up, ... The worst fight will be:

1. I punch you, you move back.
    2. You kick me, I move back.
    3. repeat 1 or 2, ...

Another "principle" for combo is to "attack one side and then attack the other side". When you attack one side, your other side will be exposed. When your opponent attacks that exposed side, you can take advantage on it. Here is a short clip for that:

http://johnswang.com/left_right.wmv
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-16-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Another "principle" for combo is to "attack one side and then attack the other side". When you attack one side, your other side will be exposed. When your opponent attacks that exposed side, you can take advantage on it. Here is a short clip for that:

http://johnswang.com/left_right.wmv
    I always use the example of "Ring and Run," also known as "Ding-Dong Ditch."
    When I ask my students how they play it, they say they ring the doorbell and run.
    "Ha! Amateurs!" I say. "The way a pro does it, is you go to the front door and ring the bell, then run around to the back and ring the back doorbell, then back to the front-unless they have a side doorbell.. This keep them running all over the house!"
    This is the same philosophy I teach with fighting-High, Low, right, left.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Greetings,

I agree with the above two posts.

mickey

Knifefighter,

I had the opportunity to view the fight clip you posted of yourself. I think is a great thing to want to take your ability to the next level. From what I saw, and I write this not to diss, you could actually benefit from 3 moves combo training. Sometimes it is necessary to take a step back in order to take a few steps forward. What did I find missing in your clip? The ability to finish off your opponent. Just being in the ring with someone sticking, jabbing and clinching will not save you in a street encounter. And the element of surprise is such a great equalizer.

mickey
    LOL... another clueless dumb@ss with nothing to back it up. I think breaking someone's shin with a low kick and ko'ing another one through a head gear in stickfighting would be finishing people off. As would choking them out, armlocking them and finishing with punches on the ground. But please feel free to enlighten me and post one single bit of evidence of you finishing someone off with those 3 move combos you can supposedly do. Then I'll take your advice.

BTW, did you notice the three arm locks? In "da str33t" those are broken arms.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-16-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Hello Knifefighter,

Just to let you know that I did see your post before you edited it.

As for the combination I presented, my guess is that you tried it and could not do it. I noticed that you changed your response from "see what I mean" to what it is presently.

You call someone a dumb@ss and then ask for them to post up footage? Hilarious!! But I will share that the sequence is not entirely linear. And depending the person as well as the opponent (size, etc.) the technique can take just a little longer to execute. I was using the concept of Intercept. My question is if you had difficulty with the technique, what did you do to make it yours, to make it fit in with your abilities?

I see your skin is a little thinner than mine. I will leave you to your world. I hope you will give 3 move combos an exploration for your own growth and development.

Take good care,

mickey

Hello Knifefighter,

Just to let you know that I did see your post before you edited it.

As for the combination I presented, my guess is that you tried it and could not do it. I noticed that you changed your response from "see what I mean" to what it is presently.

You call someone a dumb@ss and then ask for them to post up footage? Hilarious!! But I will share that the sequence is not entirely linear. And depending the person as well as the opponent (size, etc.) the technique can take just a little longer to execute. I was using the concept of Intercept. My question is if you had difficulty with the technique, what did you do to make it yours, to make it fit in with your abilities?

I see your skin is a little thinner than mine. I will leave you to your world. I hope you will give 3 move combos an exploration for your own growth and development.

Take good care,

mickey
    Another clueless kung fu guy who posts fantasy foo, theoretical techniques that he cannot practice full-on, can provide no evidence that he has ever done so, and then tells someone he can do it better when they do put up full-contact videos doing what they say they do.

And people wonder why I give kung fu guys such a hard time.

HAHAHAHAHHA!!! You are too much.

Knifefighter,

I am starting to like you. You are really an okay guy.

mickey

Something I was wondering about.. do any other gungfu styles have a specific set of 20+ Zhao that are trained as solo forms? Gao houtien work like this and I as far as I know having set piece specific combos practiced and laid out as solo forms is pretty unusual for baguazhang. Is this uncommon in other styles of gungfu ? (I ask because I recognize I'm pretty ignorant when you get beyond bagua, taiji and xingyi).
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

TT
    Dudes, does every thread have to become rife with personal attacks?
    Ever read Bullshido? You find a thread and then you have to wade through page after page of personal attacks and bullshido to find a decent post.
    Please, don't let this forum turn into that.
    unfortualty any thread that knfiefighter posts in which is EVERY ONE, turns into name calling. Its the only way he knows how to communicate, funny thing is he posts on every thread that talks about kung fu yet says hes a MMA and hates kung fu
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."