Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Army Breaking Demo

Yep, the Chinese Army Breaking Demo is not good. The bricks that used were soft. So were the wooden boards. I think the Chinese Army can do better than that.

Yours truly,

KC
    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLau View Post
    Yep, the Chinese Army Breaking Demo is not good. The bricks that used were soft. So were the wooden boards. I think the Chinese Army can do better than that.

Yours truly,

KC
    Hong Kong
    let's see you do better, video please. i have broken that type of brick beforehttps:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acor...e-kEx1JXUs9TcA not that soft. three of those bricks,not easy. and if you can do better than them in a video, i want to study from you. i am not far from you,live in shenzhen
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 09-13-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Breaking...

What is the point of it?

I can see wanting to test an iron skill. I don't see the purpose of demo-ing it outside of that context.

Also worthy of note is that iron skills are not necessary for all to be able to break things.

And, it's less about what gets broken and more about how the hand is resilient, doesn't bruise and doesn't sustain damage from such actions.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Different strokes for different folks. same can be said about 90% of the martial arts if you think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. same can be said about 90% of the martial arts if you think about it
    Not 90% of what I practice.

kick, punch, throw, lock. That is all and any training should facilitate those.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    There are better places to post this, but I just can't resist ttt-ing this particular thread as it seems to have taken an oh-so-KFM turn into the absurd.

But can it dance?
    Looks like Darpas big dog.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

DARPA's Big Dog

I see your DARPA Big Dog, DJ, and raise you Taiwan's fluffy bunny.

Break that board, if you can.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I see your DARPA Big Dog, DJ, and raise you Taiwan's fluffy bunny.

Break that board, if you can.
    lol, you can see this one from space!

FROM SPAAAACCCEEEE!!!!
    Name:  4035898294_f397caf55a.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  90.3 KB
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Not 90% of what I practice.

kick, punch, throw, lock. That is all and any training should facilitate those.
    How many people do you know that don’t study martial arts.never heard the old, “you can’t block a bullet, so what is the point of all those punches and kicks”

If you train your hands to be able to crack skulls and break bones, you will want to release energy. I guess you could become a serial killer, but eventually you will want to try to break hard objects. many people these days will argue,why do traditional Chinese martial arts, why do forms why use swords, why not just give up TCM and only do sanda.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 09-15-2014 at 02:29 PM.

How many people do you know that don’t study martial arts.never heard the old, “you can’t block a bullet, so what is the point of all those punches and kicks”

If you train your hands to be able to crack skulls and break bones, you will want to release energy. I guess you could become a serial killer, but eventually you will want to try to break hard objects. many people these days will argue,why do traditional Chinese martial arts, why do forms why use swords, why not just give up TCM and only do sanda.
    People who want to learn the martial skills in tcma will do sanda / san shou / free sparring though.

You can't learn to fight without fighting. It's a win/learn situation after all.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    People who want to learn the martial skills in tcma will do sanda / san shou / free sparring though.

You can't learn to fight without fighting. It's a win/learn situation after all.

Because they break bricks means they don’t fight interesting. I break bricks and fight. I am sure the Chinese army guys break bricks and fight. I have used TCM in real fights before.

Come to think about it, what is the point of all those articles kung fu /tai chi publishes about tcm and there fighting techniques, after all they they don’t work according to you
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 09-15-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Because they break bricks means they don’t fight interesting. I break bricks and fight. I am sure the Chinese army guys break bricks and fight. I have used TCM in real fights before.

Come to think about it, what is the point of all those articles kung fu /tai chi publishes about tcm and there fighting techniques, after all they they don’t work according to you
    What kind of pretzel logic is this?

lol, where did I say anything of the sort? You've gone non sequitur there fella.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I like breakin' stuff

Well, I should clarify that statement above. I break a lot of stuff...often unintentionally. I remember when I used to train iron palm and iron fingers that I used to break stuff all the time by accident. I remember once shattering a PVC pipe under the sink when I was trying to repair it. That was really annoying. And I still go through keyboards faster than anyone here, partly because I write the most, but I'll credit it to a remnant of all that iron finger training. I never really trained to break boards, but I did a break for one of our DVDs (only now I can't remember which one I was making a point about spacers for the intro). I didn't really train breaking for that. I understood the theory and just went for it. It was fun tho. It's far more fun

Anyway, I really came here to update you all on something much more pressing. See below.
    Hofman's giant rabbit burns up in Taiwan

Florentijn Hofman's giant white rabbit made a grand exit to conclude its 11-day residency at a former naval base in Taiwan where it sat on display for the Taoyuan Land Art Festival. The 25-meter-tall sculpture actually caught fire on Monday, a day after the festival ended, leaving only a charred torso, ear and arm behind.

The wittle wabbit went up in flames as it was being dismantled by workers. Authorities believe a spark from an exhaust pipe may have caused the fire. The moon rabbit, inspired by the Chinese legend of Chang'e and Jade Rabbit, was constructed with waterproof paper, wood, styrofoam and more than 12,000 pieces of Tyvek, a high-density polyethylene fiber material.

When informed about his creation's demise, Hofman said that the rabbit had “fought a good fight". If only we could say the same for that **** yellow duck who couldn't even withstand a little bout of torrential downpour.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The point of iron hand training is to condition your hands, cause unlike sanda on the outside of the ring you won’t be wearing boxing gloves. So it protects the hands from being hurt, and well as well as giving the practitioners the ability to do some serious damage. As far as why do demos, well that is like saying why do performances of any kind, why do competitions, why write magazines, why make documentaries. I for one enjoyed watching it,and enjoy and find many benifits in training iron hand, but if it is not the same as what you enjoy[what’s the point]

No seriously the dvd Extreme Kung Fu Qigong was being given out as a prize here. It is a tournament and demo,of just such skill. So in your opinion[what is the point right?] you work for a kung fu message board and in your own words are saying[whats the point] AND MY LOGIC IS CRAZY

DVD - Extreme Kung Fu Qigong

Tournament & "Demo" DVDs
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 09-16-2014 at 11:19 PM.

The point of iron hand training is to condition your hands, cause unlike sanda on the outside of the ring you won’t be wearing boxing gloves. So it protects the hands from being hurt, and well as well as giving the practitioners the ability to do some serious damage. As far as why do demos, well that is like saying why do performances of any kind, why do competitions, why write magazines, why make documentaries. I for one enjoyed watching it,and enjoy and find many benifits in training iron hand, but if it is not the same as what you enjoy[what’s the point]

No seriously the dvd Extreme Kung Fu Qigong was being given out as a prize here. It is a tournament and demo,of just such skill. So in your opinion[what is the point right?] you work for a kung fu message board and in your own words are saying[whats the point] AND MY LOGIC IS CRAZY

DVD - Extreme Kung Fu Qigong

Tournament & "Demo" DVDs
    You do realize that you are addressing two people here right?

I said your logic was pretzel because you were making assumptions and twisting what I said into something I didn't say.
    Then Gene responded and you in a kind of accusatory way say that he is saying your logic is crazy.

dude. Communication is not one sided. No offense.

As for Iron Palm, I've done it and maintain it. I don't do breaking demos and on a personal level don't see it as a big deal. We don't all share the same view. That's the thing about being a human being. We're not all alike.

Also, Gene, that is just tragic. Big White bunnies should be left alone!
    Kung Fu is good for you.