Thread: Chinese Army Breaking Demo

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Almost as good as Gangnam Style
    Yes, lets take an empirical evaluation, for the good of science; perhaps for the good of humanity:
    Korean Gangnam Style
    --—••—--•--—••—–-
    Its only a problem if there is a solution
    ⚓️

Quote Originally Posted by Pipefighter View Post
    Yes, lets take an empirical evaluation, for the good of science; perhaps for the good of humanity:
    Korean Gangnam Style
    Girl in the turquoise shorts has zero chi blockage.

About the only one in the first video that might be a worthy opponent is the girl at 2:25.

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Girl in the turquoise shorts has zero chi blockage.

About the only one in the first video that might be a worthy opponent is the girl at 2:25.

I would take them all on at once.

For science of course.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

For science indeed

There are better places to post this, but I just can't resist ttt-ing this particular thread as it seems to have taken an oh-so-KFM turn into the absurd.

China’s latest military robot looks like a grotesque mutant, attracts the attention of cynical Japanese netizens
    Hayashi 'Fang' Hougi 2 days ago

This mutant robot was featured at the 2014 Beijing International Emergency Rescue Expo and was described by Chinese media as ‘eye-catching’. It certainly is that, but we wouldn’t say it is exactly pleasing to look at. As you can see, the robot looks like a bizarre combination between a mutated four-legged spider and the dried squid I am having with my end-of-summer beer.

The Chinese news outlet claims that this “mountain four-legged moving robot” is built to traverse rocky terrains. It is also capable of surveillance and–somewhat scarily, though as it’s a military robot perhaps expected–shooting. It is apparently also useful in situations where roads have been destroyed, such as at disaster scenes.

Despite the sturdy-looking exterior of the robot, however, Japanese netizens have expressed their doubts about the model, commenting: “This looks an awful lot like what our country has developed, doesn’t it? Or maybe China got to it first?” and, rather snidely, “Let’s hope it doesn’t explode.”

According to Chinese media, the robot weighs 130 kg (286 lbs) and can carry up to 50 kg (110 lbs). It can also climb slopes of up to 30 degrees.

What we found curious about the robot was that its maximum speed is 6km/h (3mph) on flat surfaces and it can only run for two hours at a time before needing to refuel. That basically means that it moves a little slower than I can walk (or a lot slower if I’m walking to a sale at the mall), yet needs to be refueled every 12km. But if this robot is supposed go into mountainous terrains where humans cannot traverse, who is going to be around to top up its fuel tank?

Just for reference DARPA’s WildCat military robot can reach a speed of nearly 50 mph over rough terrains. I think we have a clear winner here.
    But can it dance?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yep, the Chinese Army Breaking Demo is not good. The bricks that used were soft. So were the wooden boards. I think the Chinese Army can do better than that.

Yours truly,

KC
    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLau View Post
    Yep, the Chinese Army Breaking Demo is not good. The bricks that used were soft. So were the wooden boards. I think the Chinese Army can do better than that.

Yours truly,

KC
    Hong Kong
    let's see you do better, video please. i have broken that type of brick beforehttps:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acor...e-kEx1JXUs9TcA not that soft. three of those bricks,not easy. and if you can do better than them in a video, i want to study from you. i am not far from you,live in shenzhen
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 09-13-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Breaking...

What is the point of it?

I can see wanting to test an iron skill. I don't see the purpose of demo-ing it outside of that context.

Also worthy of note is that iron skills are not necessary for all to be able to break things.

And, it's less about what gets broken and more about how the hand is resilient, doesn't bruise and doesn't sustain damage from such actions.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    There are better places to post this, but I just can't resist ttt-ing this particular thread as it seems to have taken an oh-so-KFM turn into the absurd.

But can it dance?
    Looks like Darpas big dog.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

DARPA's Big Dog

I see your DARPA Big Dog, DJ, and raise you Taiwan's fluffy bunny.

Break that board, if you can.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I see your DARPA Big Dog, DJ, and raise you Taiwan's fluffy bunny.

Break that board, if you can.
    lol, you can see this one from space!

FROM SPAAAACCCEEEE!!!!
    Name:  4035898294_f397caf55a.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  90.3 KB
    Kung Fu is good for you.