Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 三招了(San Zhao Liao) - 3 moves combo

Blog Entries

三招了(San Zhao Liao) - 3 moves combo

Back in the 70th, I subscribed a CMA magazine from Hong Kong. It was called 新武侠(Xin Wu Xia). There was a section in that magazine called "三招了(San Zhao Liao) - 3 moves combo". Every month, different CMA styles would show their 3 moves combo set up. It interested me a great deal because I could see different style used different set up. Some pre-defined combo such as:

- right jab, left hook,
    - nuts kick, face punch,
    - shoulder lock, reverse elbow lock,
    - leg catch, foot sweep,

worked in the past 1000 years. It will continue to work for the next 1000 years. It will be fun that if we can have a section like this in this forum. We can start from 2 moves combo, so different styles can share their different set up ideas. Let's have a discussion on the PRO and CON on this approach. All opinions are welcome.

Let me to start the 1st combo here. You use "hip throw (O Goshi)" to set up your "inner hook (Ouchi Gari)". When you apply "hip throw", if your opponent resists, you can borrow his resistence and use your "inner hook" to throw him backward.

http://johnswang.com/sc5.wmv
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-14-2010 at 02:38 PM.

thats nice counter, its taken from SC adn we use it often usually on opponets who are much larger and are harder to throw.

one of my favotires is a simple parry, backfist, uppercut, hammerfist works incrediablly well adn is extremly quick, notice I parry low then go high , then low again... this totaly confuises the opponent and can be executed very quick and easy
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 10-14-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

3 to 5 move combo drills are common in both mantis and tong bei.

in tong bei, it is like left and right same move and end with fatal strike at mid, high or low.

so the first 2 moves are expecting defense or counters.

the last move you move in and strike hard, that is if there is an opening to do so.

come to mind, there are 24 combo hand drill sets from tong bei

the front, middle and rear hand sets, each set is comprised of 8 combo's, thus total 24 hand sets. 前八手 中八手 后八手 these sets were used and proven in fights. each has apps, tactics and strategy in poems or songs.

there can be more. such as kick combo, elbow combo, knee/kick combo on and on.

--

longfist has some basic combos. 实捶虚捶 solid and fake punches 短红锤 telegraph and real hook punches,神拳下插 overhand singleleg 冲天锤朝阳手 uppercut hip throw

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

1. left jab/right cross/left hook

2. left jab/right cross/ cutting kick above the knee

3. left jab/shovel kick/ right cross

These are really direct and high percentage combos extrapolated right out of kung fu sets.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Ohhhhhhhh....NOW I know who =P

copied and pasted:
    My teacher calls it "the rule of 3's", which is inclusive of defensive/counter movements. The least acceptable result is to connect with the 3rd action. Any greater number of actions to hit, throw, or break is either greatly flawed, or greatly outclassed.

Best case scenario is to succeed in every single action.

That being said, each attack, minus one or two "feelers" if you're sparring or in sport, is executed with a minimum of 3 actions/combo., with at LEAST the 3rd connecting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz-qSqK4OK4

So a combination from Buk Sing CLF, right side forward:

1. 前標吊馬 - 右插捶 (dash + right charp chui)
    2. 上左步 - 左插捶 (left foot switch step, left charp chui)
    3. 上右步 - 右插捶 (right foot switch step, right charp chui)

This one is good for closing the distance especially if your opponent has limited space to run. Very, very basic stuff, three straight punches, you can go between body and head anyway you want. The first dash is to close the gap ASAP. It's less telegraphic to hit him with you lead hand and a dashing step-in, than throwing your rear power punch from the get go.

If he's backed up against a wall, you might not want to use two switch hits, maybe you only need one, then just dig your feet and pound on him. But yeah, after you hit him with your lead punch (or miss, doesn't matter), then switch hit with the power hand, and really try to hurt him.

But sometimes you don't wanna do the switch advance, I mean you don't want to miss your target and hit a wall or something. Just use common sense, that's all.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dasargo View Post
    My teacher calls it "the rule of 3's",
    Combo is the highest level of CMA training. Combos can help us to understand combat in much detail level and not just

- I punch you, you move back, and
    - you kick me, I move back.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-16-2010 at 04:28 AM.

You mean combination striking for example?

Jab, cross, hook, low kick? Just one idea.

Sometimes combinations are hard to pull off.

Different fighters also have different styles.

Some look for more methodical, prodding type of striking. Trying to land heavy shots, 1-2 at a time, using good distance control and timing.

Some like to be more combination, use speed, explosiveness, and being deceitful/overwhelming.

But the best fighters will always try to use the best approach depending on the situation and of course the opponent.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    You mean combination striking for example?
    All combos are "principles" such as:

- Get one first, then get the other afterward.

The "leg catch" is a good example that "get one leg first, then get the other leg afterward".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2-yD...eature=related
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-16-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Since the late 80's there was a study that under pressure conditions (read "competition" or "combat" or "da str33t") people are only roughly 80% effective. IE at your "best" you can only defend 80%

If I throw one punch, or attempt one throw, you have a good chance of defending it

If I throw five punches, one will land, it's math people
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    lead leg kick to groin/knee/ankle, lead gwa choy to the head(while crashing through the guard) ,rear hand ping choy or pow choy to kidney/floating ribs, lead hand grab, rear hand sow choy to base of skull, rear hand grab (anything-hair, collar,jacket) and leg sweep, stomp(anything-head,ribs,pelvis,knee, ankle, cellphone...)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Back in the 70th, I subscribed a CMA magazine from Hong Kong. It was called 新武侠(Xin Wu Xia). There was a section in that magazine called "三招了(San Zhao Liao) - 3 moves combo". Every month, different CMA styles would show their 3 moves combo set up. It interested me a great deal because I could see different style used different set up. Some pre-defined combo such as:

- right jab, left hook,
    - nuts kick, face punch,
    - shoulder lock, reverse elbow lock,
    - leg catch, foot sweep,

worked in the past 1000 years. It will continue to work for the next 1000 years. It will be fun that if we can have a section like this in this forum. We can start from 2 moves combo, so different styles can share their different set up ideas. Let's have a discussion on the PRO and CON on this approach. All opinions are welcome.

Let me to start the 1st combo here. You use "hip throw (O Goshi)" to set up your "inner hook (Ouchi Gari)". When you apply "hip throw", if your opponent resists, you can borrow his resistence and use your "inner hook" to throw him backward.

http://johnswang.com/sc5.wmv
    Works great when you do it like that. Even better when you practice it against resisting opponents. Doesn't work so well when you do it in a solo form.

Greetings,

Deflect right attacking arm outward while

1- attack eyes or throat while kicking groin

2- jump stamp in left slamming elbow strike to temple or jaw while right hand gently cradles head.

3- Left reverse head lock to hold or hyperextend with assisting left knee strike to spine.

Time to execute: 1 to 1.25 seconds

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 10-16-2010 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Deflect right attacking arm outward while

1- attact eyes or throat while kicking groin

2- jump stamp in left slamming elbow strike to temple or jaw while right hand gently cradles head.

3- Left reverse head lock to hold or hyperextend with assisting left knee strike to spine.

Time to execute: 1 to 1.25 seconds

mickey
    See what I mean about the fantasy fu?