Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu mom vs Soccer mom

Kung Fu mom vs Soccer mom

so I practice in a park nearby, the mom with 5 year old and 6 year old boys approached us.

she sincerely wanted some lessons from us for her boys.

there is also a soccer field nearby.

---

so the question is that

what do you teach a 5 year or a 6 year old student?

--

soccer
    or do you want them to become bitter a$$holes with juvenile obssessions about fighting, only to eventually join this forum and waste their afternoons in front of a computer screen to engage in endless flamewars

Kids understand wrestling. It's second-nature to them. Teach them how to take people down and control positions.

Striking shouldn't be taught to kids that young, imo.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    so I practice in a park nearby, the mom with 5 year old and 6 year old boys approached us.

---

so the question is that

--

send them to soccer.

unless you wanna be a baby sitter.

soccer will teach them about themselves and how to interact with others, will afford them an identity that they can be proud of and give them goals to work towards.

kung fu study is too abstract for kids and parents will invariably interfere in those learning moments of martial arts in an effort to protect their poor child and thereby they forfeit the valuable lesson on their behalf more often than not.

teaching kids is not worthwhile unless you have a club and need to pay bills.

kids will wrestle anyway with or without lessons in how to.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

--

beat his ass.
    my first sifu beat me until i went unconscious and i actually have that memory blocked out. now im unable to smile and i look like cereal rapist, but he made a man out of me and inspire me to do good kung fu, be strong and lift weights.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

you have got to stop raping cereal Bawang.

and don't become a serial rapist either, because, we'll have to kill you or something.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Teaching young kids KF is not an easy task since most of them lack attention. That's why some TKD places keep the kids entertained with activity drills and music.

If you still feel compelled to teach these kids KF, have them take off their jackets, throw them on a ground lift them and then hang em up on a branch a few hundred times.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i look like cereal rapist
    Somebody hide the Cheerios.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Fists View Post

If you still feel compelled to teach these kids KF, have them take off their jackets, throw them on a ground lift them and then hang em up on a branch a few hundred times.

lol, then they'll think it's for real because that's what jacky did!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    beat his ass.
    my first sifu beat me until i went unconscious and i actually have that memory blocked out. now im unable to smile and i look like cereal rapist, but he made a man out of me and inspire me to do good kung fu, be strong and lift weights.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

you keep posting that. lol

what movie is it from?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

---

so the question is that

--

Teach them kung fu and how to get in and dominate their opponent. Body conditioning when they are a little older.

Then when they play soccer, they'll have an advantage over the other kids as far as aggressiveness.

That's what I saw with the kids I taught.

Btw, I also brainwash them that team sports are evil, and that in real life they can depend only on themselves, if even that.

if you have to choose between soccer and kungfu at a young age, i would say soccer. the fitness and coordination they will develop in that will help them later in martial arts if they choose to train. to benefit further, it is a team activity and also helps a child understand the merits to winning and losing.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

- 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

If you train the kids in kungfu early, you can let them get used to throwing full speed full power shots at you. Let's them grow into their power and coordination so that it's second nature for them.

They can learn control when you have them practice with each other at a lower intensity.

While they're learning how to hit hard, you get the added benefit of extra body conditioning for yourself. By the time they get into their teens, they can do some serious damage.

The feedback I got from one mom was that the kungfu made her kids not afraid to get in and go for the ball. And they didn't even flinch when other kids crashed into them. Though the other kids were stunned by the impact as they bounced off.