Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Okay hot shots, name the techniques that are banned

Boulder Student Guest

Okay hot shots, name the techniques that are banned

Here's a link to the IFC's rules. These are the rules closest to the harmonized rules agreed to by the New Jersey Athletic Commission, UFC, Pride, and IFC last month. If I can find a published copy of the harmonized rules, I'll post them.

http://www.ifc-usa.com/rules/rules.html

Please explain why these rules discriminated against a traditionalist and name the technique you would use to end a fight that the IFC prohibits. It must be something that causes the opponent to tap out or results in an immediate KO/TKO. You should be trying to avoid killing your opponent. Remember, it is a sport...Tao te Ching Chapter 68.

No mouth boxing either. Give a hard example of a specific applicable technique and how you would apply it.

One must toughen up without losing one's tenderness.

[This message was edited by Boulder Student on 05-04-01 at 01:17 PM.]

Budokan Guest
    LOL! Troll bait.

K. Mark Hoover

Boulder Student Guest

Budokan,

Showing your usual depth I see.

Mr. Nemo Guest
    That was lame, Boulder Student. And who are all these "hotshots" you're calling out? Last I checked, the consensus on this board was that excuses for kung fu based on banned techniques were mostly copouts.

Budokan Guest
    That was the consensus. Mine too. Which is why his post is troll bait.

Man, it is so easy to yank some peoples' chains...and they don't even know it's happening! :D

But we still wuv you, Boulder Student! ;)

K. Mark Hoover

Boulder Student Guest

I'm looking for a real set of posts from the traditionalists.

Mr. Nemo,

I was looking for someone to actually say something intelligent. My suspicion was that folks like Budokan would be incapable of posting anything intelligent. I was hoping the Sam Wileys of the board would give the juveniles a clue.

I'll start. Diagonal flying from my tai chi form as I broke from a clinch is a foul. I wouldn't be able to strike SI17(throat strikes are prohibited). If I pulled it off properly, my opponent would be unconscious. This is an example of a prohibited traditional technique that could win a MMA event.

Brett Again Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Fouls include; Biting; Eye gouging; Clawing; Groin techniques; Striking to the throat; Fish hooking of the mouth; Striking spine; Point of Elbow strikes; Head butts; Kicks to front of Knee; Kicks to Head of Downed fighter; Hair pulling; [/quote]

Biting is found on the street (but not in any of my kung fu.)

Eye gouging is stressed in many of my techniques forms. But, I do understand why it is not allowed, and really, any BJJ'er could certainly gouge my eyes just as readily as I could gouge theirs.

I study Eagle Claw... I might be at a disadvantage if "Clawing" is a foul. I'm not sure what this means.

Elbow strikes... if a grappler gets in close, and your not allowed to use your elbows.... well, that's a big plus for the grappler, isn't it
    No Head Butts? Why the f**k not?

No hair pulling? If any one pulls my hair they will get such a pinch!!!

"This is harder than it looks... and it looks impossible!"
    -Chuckie Finster

Budokan Guest
    What? Me not intellgent? But me really am! Me just not stupid enough to bite at pretty troll bait being buzzed past me.

Keep throwing the lure, buddy. I'll keep watching it go by. :D

K. Mark Hoover

Boulder Student Guest

Thanks Brett

That's more in line with what I was looking for. Any specific techniques that you like to throw that would end the fight, but you couldn't use?

Badger Guest
    Why are there so many MMA/BJJ vs.Kung Fu topics?

My style is better than your style!
    My styles better than yours!
    My styles better!-My styles better!
    My styles better than yours!

Badger

Budokan Guest
    I think it speaks to the intelligences on both sides who think this question will make the universe continue to turn on its axis.

When in reality it's all a big YAWN.

K. Mark Hoover

Badger Guest
    My styles better cuz we eat Kennel-ration.......

Boulder Student Guest

Budokan, If your going to write,

learn to read. I never said anything about your intelligence. I simply said you would be incapable of posting anything intelligent. I only know your posts, and your posts are typically shallow and two dimensional.

Sorry, I didn't explain it to you in language you could understand before. I'll try to be clearer in the future.

:D

Budokan Guest

Always good the get feedback from a reader! Thanks!

Be sure to check out my other shallow and two-dimensional post in the 'dojo traditions' thread. ;)

K. Mark Hoover

atsai Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Fouls include;...; Groin techniques;...[/quote]

Do they mean groin techniques executed on your opponent? Or on yourself?

Sorry, just have to ask... :D

Art T<HR Width="95%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

<form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="website coming soon!" onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"> <INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="e-mail" onClick="parent.location='mailto:arttsai@mediaone. net?subject=From KFO forum...'"></FORM>