Thread: The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter

The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Was looking for this flick and ran into websites listing 8 Diagram Pole Fighter as another name for the film. Got a copy but it's not the one I wanted.

8 Diagram Pole Fighter is the one with the 7 Yangs going into battle and only 5th Brother returning (something like that).

So then Invinciple Pole Fighter is different or am I thinking of something else? I have it somewhere on tape when I used to record the late night KF flick off TV. I worked the night shift so I recorded them to watch the next day. I kept a few but recorded over a lot of them. Sometimes the names aren't quite accurate.

I'm sure the an expert here that can clear this up, maybe?

Meanwhile I'll have to start looking through all my tapes (only wrote Kung Fu on them) but I can guarantee I'll get sidetracked and have to watch tehm all the way through. Some tapes have 3 movies and I have a pretty good stack of tapes.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

"For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

i think he is thinking of a totally defferent movie. he said he thought 8 diagram was invincible but it turned out it wasn't. am i correct?

Then maybe it is this one- http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.2637/qx/details.htm

I saw it awhile ago and I remember hating it. The picture quality on that version is HORRIBLE.

Yao Sing, were there like laser type special effects? If so, that is the one.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Invincible Pole Fighters is AKA Eight Diagram pole fighter.

I have an old cassete copy of IPF which was recorded off a Hawaii TV station in the eighties. It's The same as the Lau Ga Leung classic.

I think different market regions had different titles which was common.

ex. King Boxer/Five Fingers

Greetings,

There is another movie about the 8 diagram pole that featured Bruce Liang as the surviving brother. The movie was less about the fighting and a little more of what it would take for the central character to eradicate the "evil" need for revenge that was inside of him so he could enter the world of Buddha.

Yao Sing, is that the film? I am not sure about the title.

mickey

Mickey did that Bruce Liang movie have like laser type special effects?

Hi jethro,

Sorry for the delay.

Yes, I think it did. Bruce Liang looked older than everyone in his family who got wiped out. I remember the opening fights were a bit wushu- ized and that Bruce Liang looked like he was wearing some serious shoulder pads.

mickey

Found it

Ok, the film I was looking for is Shaolin Invincible Sticks. For some reason I was thinking it was called Invincible Pole Fighter and got the two mixed up.

I have both on DVD now. Thanks for the help though.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Good to see you found it. I didn't like Invincible Sticks, but that end fight is awesome.

Thread title changed

I'm changing the title of this thread from "Invinciple Pole Fighter" (sp). That makes the initial inquiry a little odd, but I want to be in line with the new Dragon Dynasty release. They have graciously provided the prizes for the new sweepstakes.

Enter for your chance to win 8 Diagram Pole Fighter. Contest ends 10/28/2010. Best of luck to you all.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our sweepstakes winners have been announced

See our 8 Diagram Pole Fighter DVD winners thread (and congrats to our own forum very active forum member here )
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i think im the only douglas f. in brooklyn, which means I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!I WIN!